***January SNG Thread***

JMTalbert

JMTalbert

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tom,

I don't know how it all works. It's like the internet, cell phones, or magic...it just happens!

I know a friend of mine did not qualify for some reason, likely related to the way the account is initially set up. I think you shuld hear something in a week and then start seeing the deposits a week or two after that.

The rakeback amount is based on the rake paid the previous week. For example, this Friday (1/21) I will get rakeback based on the amount of rake I paid 1/9 - 1/15. I am not sure if the days are really Sun - Sat (maybe someone here does), but the rake is for the prior week.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the worst I've run in my two years in poker

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope you get the rake Tom, i get around 10-12buyins/month wich is very apreciated by my BR and don´t play that much, so it is a good deal.

Week count from Tuesday to Monday and payed next friday.

I think my first pay come 2 weeks after get aproved, however i don´t email fulltilt or rakebackpros, i just register in rakebackpros and in a couple days get a email saying get the rakeback deal, but for what i read everyone is different, so just hang on and cross fingers.

@JMT, About the multitabling, most use HEM/PT3 and also scripts to manage the popups (table ninja or others).

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you people manage 25 - 30 tables at a time and is it really more profitable? I find that once I go over four tables, I am making decisions based mostly on the cards and less on the table dynamics and opponent tendencies.

Are you using HEM or some other software to help you read the situations or are you simply playing position and odds/cards?

Very profitable!!! Defintely more so than 4 tabeling, there is bit of a debate of whether 12-18 tabling is better than 25+ tabling

HEM/PT3 for sure helps. Many information can be derived from these programs. If you're into more playing the opponent and all that, I'd recomened cash games. 4-8 tabling simply isn't good in tournys because in so many situations there are limited plays that we can do. I've been trying to add many unconventionoal plays to my game/exploit the bad fish but for the most part they're unprofitable. In cash, if we observe a leak, we can capitilize on it very fast for the most part. STT is even worse for 4-8 tabling because we're even more limitied early game. For most people 30 tabling+ is bad for STT because ICM is so much more complicated than cEV. The most profitable guy on some MTT-SnG micro board 40 tables and only done so for 9 months. A 30 tabler has about 2 seconds to make a decision, a fair amount if the spots are all standard to him

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain raises preflop and makes his c-bet the same size as his preflop raise; opinion on his hand strength?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain raises preflop and makes his c-bet the same size as his preflop raise; opinion on his hand strength?

Obviously villain / level / game stage dependant. Assuming we're not playing short effective stacks (in which case villain is probably either playing a monster or is a drooler) most of the time I'd suspect it was something fairly weak hoping to save money when they have to fold to your raise? Something like an underpair or a whiffed ace? Or something like a draw hoping you'll just flat and give them the right odds? Vulnerable hands that could improve and want to either do so cheaply or take the pot down now is probably my best guess.

Genuine monsters probably either bet properly for value or attempt a real slowplay by checking and absolute garbage probably bets a big bigger to get you to fold more often.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm interesting insight. What about when one makes a 1/3-2/5 c-bet, at let's say 30-40bb?

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

generally missed his A/k or A/q but huge depends :confused:

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmmm interesting insight. What about when one makes a 1/3-2/5 c-bet, at let's say 30-40bb?

Much the same range I think - I have trouble putting them on total garbage because it's not a big enough bet to get the folds they want and I have trouble putting them on genuinely good hands because they're not really slowplaying but they're not really betting big enough for value either.

Whatever it ends up being in reality though I'm watching carefully and taking notes because it's definitely not a standard play.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Much the same range I think - I have trouble putting them on total garbage because it's not a big enough bet to get the folds they want and I have trouble putting them on genuinely good hands because they're not really slowplaying but they're not really betting big enough for value either.

Whatever it ends up being in reality though I'm watching carefully and taking notes because it's definitely not a standard play.

hmmm ok cheers!

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probs, but 6-max isn't exactly the standard variant

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
+EV fun though.

Reckon it'd probably make you the coolest guy in the room at an APL / NPL event.*

* that's right, I just damned with faint praise. Werd.

H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow. I checked my sharkscope yesterday and it told me my status was "tilt" for sng's. So after I had a few beers I took offense to this and had to change that. :D :rolleyes:

Anyways to not turn it into a brag post (more than it is). I ended up +50 on $2-$3 games. Okay. Anyways, I think I will be around this thread a little more this month as I am looking to concentrate more on my sng play as opposed to MTT's. Just need a break from the soil crushing nature of the large fields.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I will be around this thread a little more this month as I am looking to concentrate more on my sng play as opposed to MTT's. Just need a break from the soil crushing nature of the large fields.
I see you yesterday in one of my games, read your nick and sound familiar at the time but not remember from where until read you here. Welcome to the thread.

Also bump to Tom Goldberg in one of my games this morning, we end 1st and 2nd in that game:), sorry for can´t talk more Tom, is hard to chat multitabling. Already coded you, will try to avoid you in future games, how many games are you playing by set?

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah was good to finally play with one of the CC members :), well played in the heads up aswell deserved to beat me lol

Aha yeah I did reply to your message but thats no worries I appreciate its hard when your multitabling. I multitable 5 tables in one go so im still able to hold a convo with anyone that wants one lol

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol - 3rd hand

poker stars $10+$1 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Blinds - 9 players

MP2: t1440 72 BBs
CO: t1160 58 BBs
BTN: t2080 104 BBs
SB: t1600 80 BBs
Hero (BB): t1500 75 BBs
UTG: t1500 75 BBs
UTG+1: t1240 62 BBs
UTG+2: t1480 74 BBs
MP1: t1500 75 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BB with K:heart: K:club:
2 folds, UTG+2 raises to t40, 2 folds, CO calls t40, BTN calls t40, 1 fold, Hero raises to t240, UTG+2 calls t200, 1 fold, BTN calls t200

Flop: (t770) 3:diamond: 8:diamond: T:spade: (3 players)
Hero bets t1260 all in, UTG+2 folds, BTN calls t1260
BTN shows 4:diamond: 9:diamond:
Turn: (t3290) 5:diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t3290) 4:heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

billdogg

billdogg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My read was right on, but now I just need to be able to predict the future!

Full Tilt - 15/30 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: 1,500.00
BB: 1,500.00
UTG: 1,500.00
UTG+1: 1,500.00
MP: 1,500.00
MP+1: 1,500.00
Hero (LP): 1,500.00
CO: 1,500.00
BTN: 1,500.00

SB posts SB 15.00, BB posts BB 30.00

Pre Flop: (45.00) Hero has K:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls 30.00, Hero raises to 120.00, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 90.00, fold

Flop: (285.00, 2 players) Q:spade: 8:club: K:heart:
BB bets 270.00, Hero raises to 1,380.00 and is all-in, BB calls 1,110.00 and is all-in

Turn: (3045.00, 2 players) 8:heart:

River: (3045.00, 2 players) Q:diamond:

BB shows Q:club: 4:spade: (Full House, Queens full of Eights) (PreFlop 32%, Flop 18%, Turn 5%)
Hero shows K:diamond: A:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Queens) (PreFlop 68%, Flop 82%, Turn 95%)
BB wins 3,045.00