Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For this month:

- Get out of my 300 games break-even (little downswing) period
- Further analyse and improve my game
- Play 200 STT's, minimum of 12 a session

December I made very good volume but only little profit. I hope things will go upwards again, I almost can't remember what it feels like to make steady profit.
Though it shouldn't be hard for me to make profit since my game has improved and you can't be running break-even/ down forever.

I wish you all good and (hopefully) profitable poker this year grinders!

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only completed 3 days of Iron Man Bronze. 17 days more to go. Profiting so far.

O

Oil_Fan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know what I was thinking when I said 100 tournaments. That's like 3 a day and I don't multitable. Right now for me it's about locking up my play style and taking care of any leaks.

So far though I'm off to a good start. 5 games done over the last couple of days and I finished first in my last 3. Of course, this is far too small of sample to not say it's just that I'm running hot or lucky or both.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
o FML, i quit after playing 1 game today. 2nd hand of the stt. after losing this, i quickly unregistered all my upcoming registered sngs. still got that tilt issue. ruins my mood to play poker.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t1470)
SB (t1470)
BB (t1500)
UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1560)
MP1 (t1500)
MP2 (t1500)
MP3 (t1500)
Hero (CO) (t1500)

Hero's M: 33.33

Preflop: Hero is CO with A
club.gif
, A
diamond.gif

UTG calls t30, 1 fold, MP1 calls t30, MP2 calls t30, MP3 calls t30, Hero bets t390, 3 folds, UTG calls t360, MP1 calls t360, MP2 calls t360, MP3 calls t360

Flop: (t1995) Q
club.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
, 3
club.gif
(5 players)
UTG checks, MP1 bets t1110 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero calls t1110 (All-In), 1 fold

Turn: (t4215) 2
club.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t4215) 2
heart.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t4215

Results:
MP1 had 3
spade.gif
, 3
heart.gif
(full house, threes over twos).
Hero had A
club.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(two pair, Aces and twos).
Outcome: MP1 won t4215

Bwammo

Bwammo

DragTheBar Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess this is a good spot to ask...at what point are people shoving ATC from UTG? I'm talking about late in MTSNGs when you still have 7-9 handed tables but many stacks are <10bb. Earlier I shoved Q5o UTG 8-handed as the blinds had jumped from 500/1k/100 to 600/1200/125 and I had ~7500 chips. Is that stack still large enough to just fold and wait for SB/BTN time to steal? I notice that late in these tournaments you seem to not get all that many opportunities to steal as other stacks are always finding a shove instead of folding to your BTN.

With blinds at 600/1200/125 you're facing an adjusted BB of roughly 2k...that being said you were sitting there with less than 4 adjusted BB on a table where you feel you never have a good steal spot...so Q5o would certainly qualify as a shoving hand. Perhaps if we were on a table that allowed for more stealing, or atleast didn't have players all in from EP every hand, we could "consider" a fold and wait until a better spot. The general issue with waiting until we get to LP when our stack is already so low, is that we will have roughly 1 adjusted BB less by the time we get there, which ultimately lowers the amount of chips we would double up to if/when we win a pot. Having a lower chip stack once we double up means we need to shove again, sooner than we would have needed to if we took the extra risk and shoved the Q5o.

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goals:

1)Stay away from turbos
2)Withdraw half my monthly profit and take my wife out for dinner

(Going well so far, made about $250 in 2011!!)

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With blinds at 600/1200/125 you're facing an adjusted BB of roughly 2k...that being said you were sitting there with less than 4 adjusted BB on a table where you feel you never have a good steal spot...so Q5o would certainly qualify as a shoving hand. Perhaps if we were on a table that allowed for more stealing, or atleast didn't have players all in from EP every hand, we could "consider" a fold and wait until a better spot. The general issue with waiting until we get to LP when our stack is already so low, is that we will have roughly 1 adjusted BB less by the time we get there, which ultimately lowers the amount of chips we would double up to if/when we win a pot. Having a lower chip stack once we double up means we need to shove again, sooner than we would have needed to if we took the extra risk and shoved the Q5o.
Okay, all this makes very good sense. So in general, at what stack size do you start to open ATC from EP? I know how the table plays has a large effect on it so...how about for a tight/passive table, a fairly standard table and a highly aggressive one?

PS. Is the absurdly aggressive table I've been seeing late in these 12/180's the norm or just bad draws on my part? It seems waaay too common...

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So it's SnG madness weekend again on Full Tilt - played one two-hour session so far, very few players I recognise and lots of spewtards. Mmm.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cannot beat 1$ games, a mixture of cannot win any flips with many leaks, will work harder and learn more, that should do it.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This month I have to stop playing 6max and focus on full ring. In 6max i get myself into some dodgy spots, also I seem to be finding it easier to get ITM in full ring for some reason. Hopefully this will be a profitable month.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weeee finally gonna be able to move back to stars :) Not being playing much for the last few days due to the fact that getting a set going on FT is like pulling teeth and I just haven't been in the mood for it. At Stars I reckon I could probably triple my volume, so I just cannot wait

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Games are soft at FT this weekend - putting in some sets when not playing my tournaments.

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This Super Sit & Go Madness has exposed a leak in my playing Turbo SNGs. I tend to get too aggressive too early and wind up busting out 6th-8th. The fact that I am not winning any of my AK vs A rag hands isn't helping. I finally picked up a couple of wins tonight. I'm going to try to squeeze in a few games tomorrow to pick up the 3rd win.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the worst type of beat of handle when heads up in sngs is when you have a pp against two over cards which end up outkicking you after the river, this is all in pre. The best feeling was getting over the dissapointment fairly quickly and loading up another set.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cannot beat 1$ games, a mixture of cannot win any flips with many leaks, will work harder and learn more, that should do it.

you're playing $1 games on ps. that;s the leak........:p

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
okay, I think I'm gonna play my first session of the month now, LOL.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lawl I'm rusty... anyway, thoughts on this one? This villain is like a 4/0 at time of the play. Also, what if he were more loose?

Full Tilt - $6+$0.50|120/240 NL - Holdem - 4 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: 670.00
UTG: 9,025.00
BTN: 1,865.00
Hero (SB): 1,940.00

Hero posts SB 120.00, BB posts BB 240.00

Pre Flop: (360.00) Hero has T:spade: 2:heart:

fold, fold, Hero ???

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you're playing $1 games on ps. that;s the leak........:p

Your right there man, New years resolution is dont withdraw unless its poker related (software etc).

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Training site with the best sng vids anyone?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Training site with the best sng vids anyone?

You have to watch Bwammo's at DTB - especially the 2 most recent ones about crazy hands he has played. They are awesome.

As a CC member you can get a free 14 day trial there - so no reason not to take advantage of that. If you want it pm me for a coupon code.

K

kichukdave

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I need to practice my sng playing style! My Goal Is To make money in SNGS!

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LAte to join but goals: 200 SNG's at $1.75 + profit = done
200SNG's at 3.25
If profitable, another 200 at 3.25

Positive ROI and ITM> 40% realistically

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any idea when WizziM is going to return from the dead?