Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yo guys!

I used to play 6max cash, but I want to transition to MTTs. Starting with SNGs to improve my end game :)

Playing $1.10 45 mans ATM, and throwing in the odd $1.10 18 man.

Watching augie's videos on Cardrunner too.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
welcome... to the dark side...

Also, dunno what your roll is but if it's pretty healthy I'd advise throwing in a $4.40 on demand rush sng. They've seemed relatively soft (over an admittedly small sample) and can be a massive br boost

Edit - assuming you're on full tilt

Last edited:
O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bwammo you should make audio books

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any idea when WizziM is going to return from the dead?

I sneak in when i can :D. I moved states recently, i'm now living in Brisbane, Australia. My computer still hasn't been delivered thanks to massive flooding of the entire city...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...g-reconstruction-of-post-war-proportions.html

It looks like my computer may be flooded at the delivery companies warehouse. That will not make me happy, and will probably force me to give up poker!! (For a few months anyway)

He gave up on sngs, realized that he was wasting his time.

He realizes he is wasting his time, but can't be bothered to learn another game :D.

Anyone using SnG Wizzard ??? Thoughts

All day every day, I'd recommend studying a lot before you use it.

Clambake420

Clambake420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alright finally got my copy of moshmans SNG book, only about 20 pages in so far and can already tell its going to be a great read. Ive been on a very long break as of recently but its probably good for my game, after reading this book i feel like i can start fresh with a much much better understanding. Try and erase all of my bad habits in my game while still remembering all the advice Ive received from this site and applying moshmans strategy...im excited to get back to the game.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sneak in when i can :D. I moved states recently, i'm now living in Brisbane, Australia. My computer still hasn't been delivered thanks to massive flooding of the entire city...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...g-reconstruction-of-post-war-proportions.html

It looks like my computer may be flooded at the delivery companies warehouse. That will not make me happy, and will probably force me to give up poker!! (For a few months anyway)

Have been seeing a lot of this on the news and from the other side of the globe you have our sympathies. Hope your computer is OK!

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far this month I've played 117 Sngs. Avg buy in is $11.04. These games are mainly $6.5 9mn trbos w/ Matrix, Step, and a couple satellites sprinkled in. I am disappointing about the $26 matrix going away at FTP

+$374 this month on STT

I'm attempting to move up to the $11 + 1 stt turbos. I've played 26 of these and am +$24. Def need to improve on that. Wish me luck.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

He realizes he is wasting his time, but can't be bothered to learn another game :D.

All day every day, I'd recommend studying a lot before you use it.

wowo I didn't realise the floods were so bad over there. It's been raining pretty heavily here too, obvisouly not to that degree. Global warming, fun stuff. Well at least your flooded computer will let you figure out if poker is your calling. btw, I recently went laptop shopping, if the poker urge is too strong you can pick up a adequate poker laptop for $200, over here at least

Hmmm does that mean you looked into the other games and found out there isn't much money to be made in them? From my ignorant observations, SnG seem like they've dried up. STT ROI isn't impressive and the other games don't load much at the higher stakes, at least in Australia + they're still reg packed. Looks like the options to make $$ is either SnG with lots of proper MTT, cash games or do what Bwammo does and coach

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell me one form of poker that isn't "drying up". STT 9 mans are still profitable, very profitable, the ROI is lower, but we can play a lot more games than most SNG which makes up for it. The lower variance is less stressful to, which is nice.

Basically, the games are getting harder, sure, we just need to find new ways to beat them/put more hours in than anyone else at a particular level.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I moved states recently, i'm now living in Brisbane, Australia. My computer still hasn't been delivered thanks to massive flooding of the entire city...

Ouch - you picked a hell of a time for the move. Fingers crossed the rest of your stuff is dry :(

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone fancy a sweat tonight - in about 3 hours?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gonna play like 100 $2 18 mans tonight methinks. Unless I run really bad or get drunk instead obviously

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got a hand up in HA if anyone wants to take a look:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-hand-analysis-51/12-nlhe-stt-turbo-jj-vs-190505/

A more general discussion is this: when villains raise / three-bet a smallish amount that effectively commits their stack, how often is it anything other than a huge hand that wants action? And if it's rarely, does that mean we should never be doing it ourselves because we're pretty much turning our hand face up? Or does doing it open up some hilarious / cheap bluffing situations?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gonna play like 100 $2 18 mans tonight methinks. Unless I run really bad or get drunk instead obviously

I played 20, won some, then got drunk. Soooo I guess I accomplished one of my goals

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A more general discussion is this: when villains raise / three-bet a smallish amount that effectively commits their stack, how often is it anything other than a huge hand that wants action? And if it's rarely, does that mean we should never be doing it ourselves because we're pretty much turning our hand face up? Or does doing it open up some hilarious / cheap bluffing situations?

IMHO yes a small 3-bet that commits their stack is 90% AA/KK 10% QQ/AK. I have rarely seen it as a donk bluff attempt. Rizen talks about this in his tournament book and he uses it. He thinks in the long run it induces more overshoves/flats that he dominates than he gets flat calls that out flop him.

If I see a calling station in the blinds, I will use this to try to induce them but otherwise I just shove.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ironman/end-year bonus do not hit rakeback, right? (at least it not appear in the cashier bonus screen, only in the iron man page).

The S&G maddnes ticket can be reddem for anything?, i don´t think will play and last time just get expired and banned, not sure if can be trade.

@Oz, are you trying any new strategy? ($1)

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it hits your rakeback, don't know about the Madness tickets though.

loopmeister

loopmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First cash in a live tourney last weekend!

$45 buy-in. Chopped prizemoney 3 ways for a nice R3600 ($520) score.