Final Table with AA: What would you do?

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should go all in. Whether final table or first table doesn't matter. You just follow the favorable odds. But Jesus, these days I got shot by bad beats with AA even four times, though.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you know you got to go all in but be prepared to get a bad beat from some crazy cards

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Surely you should go all in, maybe you get a bad one, but the percentage is 50/50, I think it is better for you to sin by excess than to cry because you didn't risk it.
Is it quite possible for you to lose? Yes, more is also much more likely to win.
In fact poker is risk and courage too.

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
calling half my stack just to ensure if do get beat by some crazy guy with some low cards so i get to play again, in my time i've seen AA lose to 22 and 23 so i aint taking that risk all at once its a 99.9% u will win but the .1% my be your faith

C

colino17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'd have to call. I have folded high pocket pairs in that situation before, but with aces you at least know you are currently ahead and have the best odds, whereas with JJ you know that even if you were ahead a single card will put you behind. With AA most hands will need to hit two cards to pull ahead and another pocket pair will need to hit one of the two remaining cards in the deck to pull ahead.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No fairy tale, just call! Before 1 double whiskey...than pray!

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's the only hand I know I'm in front of the rest players in the table (even if have three players in the hand)

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i have a lot of chips i ll going all in , even with less chips i do the same thing , each way AA is a hand you must go to the end

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An interesting question - and not an easy one to answer. For ICM reasons, a fold is really worth considering (it is better to secure 2nd place than to drop out on 4th place if unlucky). However, the hand range of the opponents could also contribute to the decision. What if the opponent's hands are KK, QQ and AK / AQ? Would an opponent call with 99 or AJ on SB under ICM pressure? Big pots come about when all players have a good starting hand. So if the other 3 opponents have KK, QQ and AK / AQ they take each other's outs away, which would make me even more to a favorite in this hand. However, as I said, the fold is justified for ICM reasons. :eek:

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i always depends on your position, your bankroll how many player in the hand

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are at the final table WSOP, 4 players left including you. The 4 players have equal amounts of chips.
You are in the big blind , player 1 goes allin, player on the button goes allin and the player on small blind goes allin also.
You look : you have AA , What do you do?

ALWAYS CALL :D:D:D

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Its a big decision, on the one hand when u call u can make a big score and win the whole tournament and on the other hand u can bust and finish 4th place. I would call, because i love Aces even if i get broke. Its the best Starthand in hold em so go on and let the rockets destroy them ;)

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have information about the prize money and stacks of the players, you can easily recalculate it with the independent chip model. This model was invented precisely for such decisions.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I personally think it's all about how good you are at Heads-up play, if you are confident in playing Heads-up then fold would be the best option, let them take each other out and you ladder up and fight on. I have on some occasions come back from 3 BB to win a tourney even though I was a massive underdog.
Being short stacked on the final table is certainly not easy , but a 3/1 underdog is not that big a deficit either, I would certainly fold AA pre-flop if the last three on the table were already all-in.
If for example you were all around 30 BB and the short stack was say 20 BB there could be 3 possibilities.
1. The short stack wins, in which case he would have 60 BB to your 30 BB the other two left with 10 BB each.
2. One of the other Players wins and takes the other 2 out, leaving you heads-up.
3. Two of the players chop and win an extra 10 BB or 15 BB each.
Win Win all round as you are then Guaranteed to take 3rd place and still have enough chips to fight with.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Definitely call all in, you are in the money already and you have a big chance to win this tourney so no doubt call this thing in.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An interesting question - and not an easy one to answer. For ICM reasons, a fold is really worth considering (it is better to secure 2nd place than to drop out on 4th place if unlucky). However, the hand range of the opponents could also contribute to the decision. What if the opponent's hands are KK, QQ and AK / AQ? Would an opponent call with 99 or AJ on SB under ICM pressure? Big pots come about when all players have a good starting hand. So if the other 3 opponents have KK, QQ and AK / AQ they take each other's outs away, which would make me even more to a favorite in this hand. However, as I said, the fold is justified for ICM reasons. :eek:
If anyone of the 3 players is bluffing most likely is the first allin ,then i will assume the next one something like QQ , the third one definitely AK or KK . The first one we can deduce most likely AQ or 1010. Lets pretend those are the hands. What we do?

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally think it's all about how good you are at Heads-up play, if you are confident in playing Heads-up then fold would be the best option, let them take each other out and you ladder up and fight on. I have on some occasions come back from 3 BB to win a tourney even though I was a massive underdog.
Being short stacked on the final table is certainly not easy , but a 3/1 underdog is not that big a deficit either, I would certainly fold AA pre-flop if the last three on the table were already all-in.
If for example you were all around 30 BB and the short stack was say 20 BB there could be 3 possibilities.
1. The short stack wins, in which case he would have 60 BB to your 30 BB the other two left with 10 BB each.
2. One of the other Players wins and takes the other 2 out, leaving you heads-up.
3. Two of the players chop and win an extra 10 BB or 15 BB each.
Win Win all round as you are then Guaranteed to take 3rd place and still have enough chips to fight with.
Good analysis

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If anyone of the 3 players is bluffing most likely is the first allin ,then i will assume the next one something like QQ , the third one definitely AK or KK . The first one we can deduce most likely AQ or 1010. Lets pretend those are the hands. What we do?

In the case that Hero calls with AA, the best possible case would be to play against QQ, AK and AQ. In that case AA would be a > 80% favorite (the players take each other's outs). The worst case would be to play against KK, QQ and JJ, the advantage of AA would be "only" a little more than 50%. In the case of Hero actually folds AA against 3-way all-in, the best possible case would be that the opponents each hold a high pocket pair, i.e. KK, QQ and JJ, the risk of a splitpot is very low in that case and 2 players are eliminated from the tournament. In this case we would be on the safe 2nd place. The worst possible case for a fold by Hero (extremely unlikely and not appropriate in the game situation) would be if all other players hold KQs and a split pot occurs (that would be the worst lay down of the century). However, then we would only have lost the BigBlind. More realistic would be the other 3 players holding QQ against AK against AK. Here it is possible that the king makes the better pair and 2 players split the pot. If you look at the prize pool structure of the 2019 wsop Main event, 4th place gets $ 3,000,000, 3rd place $ 4,000,000, 2nd place $ 6,000,000 and 1st place 10,000,000.

Conclusion: In case of a folding AA, we can still be eliminated in 4th place in a split pot situation when all players keep their stakes, or, with a high degree of probability, in 2nd place if the 3-way all-in is not a split pot. In the case of a call, Hero is in the worst case an approx. 53% favorite, in the best case an approx. 82% favorite. About the prize money: In the best case scenario, if we call, we will win a 4-way all-in and win $ 10,000,000. I think we should actually call with pocket aces. On the other hand a fold is possible because of ICM and would lead to endless fame (in any case) :smile:

Last edited:
G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing that could happen! AA at the final table!
Considering the position and the stacks, I would try to get the best possible profit from him.

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap Ship! If you fold AA preflight here then you really don't deserve to be at a final table.

Dream.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

S

SawViper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap call. Good chance they have each others outs and you already have top pair. Of course you could lose to some unlucky stuff but the odds are in your favour. Also if you win this one pot you win the whole tournament.

O

orlando miguel rossler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is the dreamed thing happens few times but the tournament guarantees you breathe deeply tranquility not change anything that has been isolated so far and see everything they send and if they don't send 2 bb to start and that some bluff and sas to the bag

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doesn't mention pay jumps, but assuming a standard structure, then I fold. You will likely be playing heads up after the dust settles.