Final Table with AA: What would you do?

K

Knava999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, made a big raise and that's it! It’s safe to go to the bank immediately.

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet maybe triple the opening bet

Vitorbismark

Vitorbismark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is the easiest hand to play, however, and the most difficult hand to extract chips, I will consider two situations: 1 passive table: in this case I'll just limp or 1.5 BB in order for the villain to 3bet and gain confidence. 2 aggressive table: in this case I already enter with 2BB or 2.5BB already knowing that I will possibly take a 3bet. of course, these are situations where I have an average amount of chips. below 10BB I go all-in as I will be paid often.

C

crabcruncher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never slow play pocket aces. Usually you will have a very difficult time getting away from this hand once a flop is seen and someone pushs all in on you. Best to narrow the field with a large preflop bet to weed out the six seven suited type hands which if they hit will crush you.

forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a hard decision for me. At that situation... I problably think they have another AXs or pocket pairs... and my equity will be around 40%... Surely I would fold at that time and try to win against the lucky villain. I think I would regret less the fold than loose against a bingo situation.

L

LynchCats

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen so many people slow play with aces and get burned by them. I will never, EVER slow play a big hand pre-flop. Better to win a small pot pre-flop with them, than lose a big pot because you slow played.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are at the final table WSOP, 4 players left including you. The 4 players have equal amounts of chips.
You are in the big blind , player 1 goes allin, player on the button goes allin and the player on small blind goes allin also.
You look : you have AA , What do you do?

I'd also have information on the players since four of us at the Final Table means I've been observing them for play/tells for at least since the start of the table with 9 players (longer if some played at my table before [which is likely]). However, all else equal, I'd probably shove All-in :) We have the best hand AA and I'm tempted to win the wsop Main Event with AA in this scenario; no one in history has yet to win the WSOP Main Event with AA as the last hand. We would be making history to take it down right there.

I feel like it depends on what your goal is for the tournament. Say you fold and you can get heads up but you'd be a big underdog with chip stacks. If you shove as well and win you are in great shape to win the tournament.

Goal to win tournament = Shove/Call
Goal to money ladder = Fold

+1 Folding is a major consideration - especially if you have a skill advantage against these players. However, I'm humble enough to realize that they might have a skill edge against me! Shoving AA makes more sense with this argument then :D

This is the World series of poker , unlike any other tournament so you are there not only for the money but also the glory and the prestige.
By the way in your comment you said (in great shape to win the tournamen) ,if you call and win : tournament is over :)

Win final hand with AA! Never been done for a WSOP Main Event, so that seems like a cool way to do it ;)

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get in pre flop, I am not taking it to the streets.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll go all in unless it's a streak of me getting bad cards at the flop turn and river and I notice another player that's all in that's been getting good flops and such then I'll fold in rare situations.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always being aggressive at the final table with AA. With this starting hand you have to play it to win .

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be more realistic,all have same amount of chips?? Ofc you call, you will finish as winner or chop money for 2nd, 3rd and 4th 3 way!

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on how many are left, if we are full I'll play them normal, more trappy the less players