Final Table with AA: What would you do?

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are at the final table WSOP, 4 players left including you. The 4 players have equal amounts of chips.
You are in the big blind , player 1 goes allin, player on the button goes allin and the player on small blind goes allin also.
You look : you have AA , What do you do?
hi hi korbal!!!
coach tell me is only two - 2 - rules of play a poker hand
1. never fold a royal straight
2. never fold AA before the flop

i go all in
if you no going play with AA, what you goin play with.. & play to win right?

\
blond.jpg

Last edited:
el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: I bet everything, without fear if I lose badly, what am I going to do? I don't bet, neither 3 blinds nor 4 forced is all or nothing, pair of aces is played like this.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
final table. 4 players. As my practice shows, they play widely in the final. Call. Victory.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tried to think a little about this:

1. Prize money for remaining seats (history 2018, Event #8) first 965,475 second596,703 third421,157 fourth303,479
2. I would expect my All-in decision if I would have not less than 55% average equity. Taking in consideration Event/Players level, I tend to think I do not have with :ad4::ah4:.

3. So, I would FOLD (and will probably fight heads-up).

Hope to see you there:smile:
:fight:

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA ??

You are at the final table WSOP, 4 players left including you. The 4 players have equal amounts of chips.
You are in the big blind , player 1 goes allin, player on the button goes allin and the player on small blind goes allin also.
Not much decision making here. all in unless you are in total need of a higher prize. however if you don't play AA what will you play???:):):)

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I would fold!

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go all in (and of course lose), but if I folded, I wouldn’t have much of a chance either, as whoever wins the pot would already have 3 times the amount of chips that would be hard to win against.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would get all the chips in at some point

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends if I have more chips than the other players, if I have more chips than two of the players I pay.

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do the 4 players have equal amounts of chips?! I fold!

But I suppose I am short on the BB, and if I get AA in a multiway pot, by the logic of ICM and SPR I call all-in!

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am already at the final table so I think I would pay, even if AA can easily be cracked with so many opponents.
I would not like to have regrets if I fold...

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm thinking that I'm at the final table and I have the best starting hand in poker. Since I'm at the final table apparently I'm playing good poker so to keep it going I'm going to shove too...let the chips go to who they may.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My previous thoughts was fold. But, now I have a new approach, and I guess it's a better one. AA on the FT and shove coming, I can't fold. Shove too!

meagain00

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do not exactly understand why some people would like to fold here , guess it's these ICM calculatuons that I need to know more and better , lol . Anyway , for me it's a call , favor to win preflop , if I lose I might not get the last place but better than 4rth , if I win it's awesome . If I fold then probably I would have to fight HU with a stack x3 than mine , not so cool .

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1-Common sense, call or allin.
2-Logic, fold.
Why is it better to fold?
You are guaranteed a huge pay jump, anything can happen post flop, the best case scenario is gettig another A or an even better AA, but what are the chances of that happening with two outs Preflop? For all you know the original aggressor has +TT, the caller +QQ so it leaves you with less odds to hit an Ace and 2/3 times someone will hit a set while 1/3 you will lead. So logically, better fold and live to play another hand against 3 players, have a pay jump, and you can even get into second or first place, final table is about the streets, not your hand.
Common sense tells you to always go allin with AA because they are the best PF cards you can be dealt. You call, if the flop cant help you, you will atleast beat one other player but your tournament will end right there. At least you are guaranteed a 3rd place.
if you call and lose you will feel butterflies in your stomach. if you call and lose, you will have em too. if you call and win, you will be the chip leader, less likely you ll chop the pot with another player.
so 2.5/4 times you will have those butterflies, so embrace em and wait for the next hand. Oftentimes, tournament were won with garbage hands. 92o-Q5s-58o and so on.

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It also depends on how much attachment I have, where I sit from the octagon But I would definitely raise 13 big blinds at home I don't think I'd push in because that's why the chip is Peter It's also important

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honest answer? No Idea.

Never been to a wsop and I know I have played differently live than I do online. But the amount of money at stake here is life changing heck even 4th place would be great. I would like to say I would shove the Aces, but I can also envision looking at second place as a worthwhile ladder up, with an outside chance of running it up.

Ultimately I would like to be put in this situation and see what I actually do in that particular moment.

My gut tells me I would shove, but I have also looked at my hand histories in the past and wondered wtf I was doing in situations that I thought (after the fact) that was a clear raise or call why the F did I fold!

F

fouspoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold AA .... best answer of course.
But i can also imagine a situation where you fold Aa if you are eg 4 left in tournament against raise ... re raise all in re raise all in..e.g. in tournament where you still have 2 Bb and 3 others have all 3 > 100 BB ..... wouldn't be really smart of no 2. and 3 but theoretically possible.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finals like this will go down in poker history and hundreds of poker fans will see it, I wouldn't want to be remembered as a coward who only cares about money. With a couple AA's all in

C

ChapmanLad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only real option is to go all in. You'll be ahead pre flop. Likelihood is they'll be rocking pocket Js, Qs or Ks. Possibly AKs. In the last four you've got to think if you'll get a better opportunity than AA.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I'll go All in too. I would never fold AA preflop