Is poker luck or skill?

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is an analitical game. Is chess luck or skill?

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill puts you in the position to get the luck.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
There is no doubt that luck in poker is one of the main ingredients for success.:)

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker

Id say luck especially when I see 2 5 off suit win a lot.

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we need luck and intelligence in the skill case

J

JOHNNYROD143

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both

Anyone that says that poker is pure luck or skill does not know what they are talking about. Poker is still a form of gamboling and there are better hands that you can be given than others which is the luck aspect along with what comes on the flop turn and river. However, the skill comes into place when it comes to how you value bet, bluff, play in and out of position and play your starting hand.

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can be a professional player or a very good player, but if you are not lucky with the cards, a lot cannot be done ... that's why I think it is 70 skill and 30 luck

AlexsandrM36

AlexsandrM36

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can be a professional player or a very good player, but if you are unlucky with the cards, there is not much that can be done ... so I think it is 70 skills and 30 luck
I agree completely! Exactly 70% is knowledge of poker, But 30% is definitely LUCK. Good luck to everyone in the game !!!

AlexsandrM36

AlexsandrM36

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Colleagues, what are you talking about ??? !!!!! What luck can be in poker rooms. The owners of these websites earn from Our passion. Look at your statistics on Shark Scope and you will understand everything at once. Luck can only be in live poker and only some))). So learn better chess theory and train your memory. It's much cheaper))))). Good luck to everyone in the game !!!

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can be lucrative with this 70% of knowledge

So I think it’s more easy you can be lucrative with tournament against cash game or spin& go.

Because of the multi table, time of the game and strategy for play.

Clash game to be desonest and spin it’s very fast…

I agree completely! Exactly 70% is knowledge of poker, But 30% is definitely LUCK. Good luck to everyone in the game !!!

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Big Game

individual skill and what defines a tournament champion:deal:

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both, there are players with more luck than skill, and other players with more skill than luck.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are skillfull and u understand different types of brains and types then you can do good. Plus if you are lucky than it can become a profession. That being said I rather be lucky than skillfull. Luck comes from above. Skill it depends on your discipline. If you are both then its good.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is definitely more skill than luck but luck does play a big factor, especially in the short term. You have to run good. You have to win flips. All these things involve luck.

A

aviatorsam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now i think it's more skill than luck

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For MTTs,. It is luck in the short term and skill in the long term/

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u need both to won a big tournament, skill can give more chances, lucky too
but a lucky fish vs lucky pro (with skill) = lucky pro winner
lucky u cant choose, but skill u can choose study a lot, so...
GL to luckers...

S

Stickyfish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it possible that one could just be a lucky person and not a skillful poker player? After looking at my poker career and all the hands I have made, the two bad beat jackpots I’ve won, the rare events, the royal flushes/straight flushes/quads after it all....it makes me stop and look at my life and I see it all over again, born with gifts other adore, been put in situations which others only dream off. After it all... I ask....am I just lucky?
If you are playing poker for fun and is not your primary source of income, you can say poker is luck. But if you are playing poker to make money and is your income source, you can't even think of luck.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi

Hello friend, everything is probability and that does not say that you are going to win, remember that you have to take into account the discarded cards, and those are the ones that are difficult to know.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Four words...stats work, luck helps.

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing poker for fun and is not your primary source of income, you can say poker is luck. But if you are playing poker to make money and is your income source, you can't even think of luck.

I like your answer, well
Put and keep it up

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more I play, the more I tend to think that luck decides more. Unfortunately :)