Is poker luck or skill?

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had the great maturity to classify poker as a game of strategies, that without a doubt luck plays a very important role in the game, however it is learning to play with it ,,, Luck is in paying or linking hands with ranges strong and having control of knowing how to fold when he touches ,,, that we would call it, control over the game, if the luck in one hand is not helping us, simply having patience, control, perseverance, discipline and knowing how to wait, when he touches , touch ,, we never pay to lose and if we lose, nothing happens life continues, in short it is a game of strategies and wait until luck comes to us ,,, let us know when to wait or when we should not pay ,, more mental than luck , if we implement what we have learned ,, luck and patience, luck comes to all of us, let us know when ,,,

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess???

Poker is an analitical game. Is chess luck or skill?
There is no doubt that poker is a combination of Luck, Skill and of course timing. On the other hand CHESS is 100% skill. there is no such thing as luck in chess..:):):)

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me 80% luck and 20% skill, with luck it doesn't even take much skill.

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

there are players who are very lucky, but at some point luck leaves them

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

W

wallace781

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is neither... its actually any two cards at the right time....come now how many times have we all played tight waiting for pocket pairs and make a nice push for it and someone calls u with the worst two cards and takes the pot.? Sickening

Dakker67

Dakker67

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Любой, кто говорит, что покер - это чистая удача или мастерство, не понимает, о чем они говорят. Покер по-прежнему остается формой азартной игры, и есть лучшие руки, которые вам могут дать, чем другие, что является аспектом удачи наряду с тем, что приходит на терне и ривере на флопе. Тем не менее, этот навык пригодится, когда дело доходит до того, как вы делаете вэлью-бет, блефуете, играете в позиции и вне позиции и разыгрываете свою стартовую руку.

and I have the same opinion

Dakker67

Dakker67

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Нет сомнений в том, что покер - это комбинация Удачи, Навыка и, конечно же, тайминга. С другой стороны, ШАХМАТЫ - это 100% навык. в шахматах не бывает удачи .. :):):)

и я того же мнения

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Short-Term: Luck
Long-Term: Skill

funkymoney

funkymoney

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you need both. most important if you no patience then poker is not for you

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowledge doesn’t hurt, but you can be any professional, if your opponent is lucky you can’t win.
I find that serenity is more important in poker than knowledge.

JohnWayne329

JohnWayne329

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think depends on limit ur play. Honestly, the attitude is matter too. As for me it is mixed.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't win without skill and you can't win without luck. I'm talking tournaments here

Cash games, I think skill is the main wining factor.

D

degrootyo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is definitely a game of skill and knowledge, nothing to do with luck.:D

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker in the long run becomes a game of skill in which you must maintain your concentration in order to force your opponent to fall for your strategy and win their chips, yes there is such a thing as luck in poker as players win even when they make the slightest effort to win, but that form of poker has its advantages and disadvantages.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Both of them. But in online poker when you play a lot, you have more chance to win, it is not a question, I guess. Only money speaks, like everywhere.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More skill then luck. Otherwise there would be no pro's.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, skill. Played poker today. The result is a broken keyboard, broken fists and zero in the account. Peace to everyone.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It would surely be nice if it was skill. In track a player can go 3 years or more before someone can go faster or they retire. Edwin Moses won 114 races in a row. Now was it questionable if Edwin Moses wins were based on luck or skill. Imagine your bankroll in poker, to not lose 114 tournaments in a row. Everyone playing for 2nd.

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're lucky if you've figured out cheat on line is logging your HUD and putting u into situations where you'll lose quick so you play another game, imo. It's sad to go to showdown and have villain beat 90 percent of the time only to actually take the chips about 30 percent of the time. What company hasn't figured out how to screw you with bad beats so that you say, "Darn, at least I 'got it in good'" and give them $3.50 more.

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a very deep philosophical question. one cannot exist without the other, by definition. I think 70% to 30% skill is for luck.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just as we call it Spacetime in physics, we can call it Skilluck in poker.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There are elements of both skill and luck in Poker, as there is in all card games, no one can know whether a hand is going to improve on the flop, turn or river, only the Poker Gods have that inside knowledge, the skill come's when you can convince your opponents that you are holding the best hand, even when you are drawing dead.
Even if your pocket pair hit's Trips on the flop, it does not guarantee you winning a hand, as the turn and river can snatch that away from you, in an instant, that is what makes Poker an exciting and interesting game, playing Poker for fun can improve your game play as you realise different ways that hands can evolve and change during a hand.
Take 3 hands for example 10/J, 8/8, and 7/9, with a flop of 7/8/9, all three hands have improved to a straight for 10/J, three of a kind for 8/8, and two pair for the 7/9, anything can happen with the next two cards on the turn and river so who would you back to win?
I know this is a cruel example but I have seen this happen a few times in the years I have been playing and I have been fortunate to win some time's and unfortunate to lose with the same frequency.
The main thing is that if you can smile at your own defeats, and win with a little dignity towards your opponents, then Poker can be a fun game.

When the fun Stops, STOP!