F

Forkliftgu22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mainly luck online

Live poker and higher stakes online requires skill and some luck maybe 70/30
In my opinion lower stakes and freerolls are mainly luck.

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it possible that one could just be a lucky person and not a skillful poker player? After looking at my poker career and all the hands I have made, the two bad beat jackpots I’ve won, the rare events, the royal flushes/straight flushes/quads after it all....it makes me stop and look at my life and I see it all over again, born with gifts other adore, been put in situations which others only dream off. After it all... I ask....am I just lucky?
hello to all fans of poker and intelligent games! 60% of success in poker is luck, someone is lucky more, someone is less. In difficult moments, someone makes 92o against KK and at that very moment wins 92. How? luck. There is a time for everything.

W

Wtfimdoin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck it's only a math probability, so ask if poker is skill or maths.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In the short distance, it's more luck than skill. But on a long it is a skill and only a skill

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Number one you have to get the hands. From there you need to manage your stack. Knowing when to fold is also a very big factor.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe it is both. You need a little luck when it comes to cards but a lot of skill when you don’t get the cards.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
online poker is settled alghoritmic system. Sometimes pay to win, most of the times still they take all the rakes, fees stuff you know then as if it's not enough for those criminals, they will put their bots into every tourneys to take some top prizes. If you lost money there before, no matter how sh*t player you're, there will be times you'll be extremely lucky to take down some good money (around your loses, maybe lesser or a bit more) so they make sure you win something. This way you won't quit, they will keep you there playing. If you take money but don't deposit single penny, then as like me you'll be card dead for months without even hitting single flop. When you hit, certainly you're trapped. This thing is real, if anyone denies it or challenge me for my abilities, then I'm up for any live headsups. If I had chance I'd invite ''pro'' player and let them to play with my account.
Of course it's all cool and fine when you play highrollers, giving 25000 dollars and playing with well known 30-50 players. Forced robberies are on the lower limit games. It's ridicilous how unbelievable runouts I faced in a short time. You face all those cancer - one in a thousands cooler hands regularly happening there in half an hour back to back even. Beyond the math or luck. Noone could be that unlucky.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

There can be no single answer to this question. Too little input. Let's say it's online poker or offline? Or, what kind of poker discipline is meant.

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Poker is both: skill and luck.

But in poker you can't rely just on luck. Luck can be very benefitial (or lethal) for you in the short term. You can have luck on some tournaments, but you can't have it constantly. Skill is what you need to be long term successful in poker. Without skill you can't make a long term profit in poker, luck can't be on your side that much.

If you are not satisfied with your long term results in poker don't blame it on a bad luck. That only means that you have to change your game style, that is, you have to improve your skill.

Skill is something we can improve over time, but as far as luck is concerned we can do nothing.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I would say a little of both, leaning toward luck mostly. You need to have a game plan but if the cards aren't there it doesn't really matter what strategy you have.

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is fickle. Today she is with you, and tomorrow too, but then she is not with you for a month and you lose a lot of money.

M

Marcos1315

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The larger your sample, the more the skill becomes important.

And luck, for me, influences only few hands.
For instance, I can't see someone going all-in in a whole orbit (full-ring) and win all of them.

If you think of a tournament, luck has less of an influence as the difference between players' skills increases.
And for 1000 tournaments, luck has no influence.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can be between the best every time.

I think that is skill and no lucky.

If you can study and can to creat a good strategy to win, yes, this is skill.

But of corse you can’t win all the times. For this is very good, all person have chance for win, inclusive with lucky.

As football, the best can lose.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is the luck of skill, that is, the ability to separate chance from painstaking work.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skill and not running like chit

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a combination of luck and skill, in any case, you need to make decisions and not tilt even if you are not lucky, then the result will be in the distance anyway

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in modern online poker it's only luck and once again luck there are very few players left who can't play at least at the average level so the role of skill is minimal

blef121

blef121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, this and that, for example, I don’t believe in luck, but if someone believes for him and luck, you can take 1 million dollars, and for those who believe, this and that is important, but for me patience and a cold mind without excitement are important

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play long term it is skill - and a big part of that skill is choosing limits, tables, and opponents. Of course the results of any given hand are largely chance, and if you occassionally play for stakes you can’t afford so may your results be.

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can have the luck but poker is a game of skill specially in the long run game.