QQ all-in preflop

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are very close to the final table in a $ 300 Mtt CardsChat tournament in pokerstars your cards are QQ Preflop and you only have a Stack of 10BB would you play all-in?

Yeah, I don’t generally like to go all in with any hand, but of course when your stack starts forcing you to make a move ...I would be happy to see QQ and make my decision easier.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Might consider going all in depending on opponents ..if it's a free roll then definitely yes..

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with a stack of 10 BB, you can play all in with a much worse hand than the ladies. it all depends on the position. but with the ladies, you can even equalize a double all-in.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.QQ on preflop, this is a whole problem.on the one hand, a large pair and a player are lost for joy and go all in with confidence.but this pair of devious,why in Olin poker often loses to aces.so I would not advise you to be very happy with this card, and especially not to go all-in, only if my Bank is higher than the opponent's Bank and I have studied the players well.

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me personally, I would play all in, there is not much to wait for, watch the flop, for someone to go on stupid cards and turn out to be stupid ... all in, and see what will happen :):p:p:p

Nirametal

Nirametal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early position, little raise, if re-raise - i`m all-in. Late position, if more than one player goes all-in - i`m fold.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was lucky to be all-in against pocket queen's in a live tourney, I was dealt rockets on the very first hand UTG. I raised 6 X the big blind which was 50 so in the pot with 300 chips I thought a large raise like this would put most players off, I got re-raised from the next player to 600 and he got 3 callers, SB and BB folded so it was back to me, I looked around the table for a few seconds and then announced all-in.
I was literally shaking, and the next player who had raised me said "it's the first hand"and I replied "yes I know but I do not want to see the flop"
Going on further I explained my action "we start with 5K in chips, I raised from UTG and you showed no respect to my raise and re-raised, you got 3 callers so already there is close to 3K in that pot, and they are all mine".
"Call or fold, I don't care, but my chips are all-in" He asked me "will you show if I fold?"
"Sure" I said "I am not shy and I am not going anywhere"
After a couple of minutes he folded saying "I don't want to go out first hand"
The next player looked at me and asked if I was holding Rockets and I actually smiled at him "call or fold, I will show" I repeated. "Call" he said. the other players folded and I turned my rockets, He turned the QQ and the original player who had re-raised me said "well I am sorry to have to tell you but I folded AQ suited"
"Great!" I said "with only one Ace and one Queen left in the deck I am odds on favorite, He has to hit, I don't"
The flop bricked for both of us so my Aces held then the instigator to all this said " Damn! I would have made the flush" and I just said "you have to follow your gut"

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What other options can there be with a pair of ladies and a 100bb stack? Just push!

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

At the preflop it is dangerous to have a 50-50% chance of winning rather raise to a big bet.

If it is not worth taking the risk, you can go all preflop with QQ only if your chip stack is 10 BB, otherwise, raising to see the flop is the best.

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looking at who is sitting at the table! in 85% of cases it is all-in

Yes, but it is a move that where you have to know how our opponents play. and I lost all-in having AA with a par of 3.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thin that QQ isnt always a good all in preflop! If you have a short stack is good idea go all in :D

Sorry for my english :)

A

AppleJuice

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At the preflop it is dangerous to have a 50-50% chance of winning rather raise to a big bet.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, its always good to try.. you never know ... even if he had KK... or AA...your never know when your Queens gonna come out.. sometimes u will have a badrun...:(:confused::mad:.unfortunately... and sometimes u gonna eat them all like a big whiteShark.:cool::D;):p:bebored:

furnitura47

furnitura47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deffenatly a good time to go all-in with such a strong pair as QQ. All the chances of doubling up prior to final table. Making your opponents sure that you are ready to push your cards, as well as showing them that you push big pair not some 2 7 shocker, that will make them think of you as of strong player during next hands:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt go all in preflop with QQ particularly depending on your stack size. If you have alot of chips you are only gonna get called by better or Ax and you have to fade an A on the board. If you are playing a small stack and you can still get people to fold preflop then you may want to shove preflop so you are hoping to isolate and get called by middle pair and double up your small stack. But normally I would see a flop with QQ before shoving. Make sure their is no K or A on the flop.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove

I must say I shove more often than not with QQ, but chip count definitely comes into play if somebody shoves all in before me. If I'm in danger of blinding out then I call, but if I have a strong stack and the person who shoves in before me has an equal or stronger stack, and the other stacks are low or critical which gives me a high probability of winning, then I'll even fold AA before taking a chance of being eliminated.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with QQ I would raise the bet immediately in the blind and if they roll all inn I would pay. after the first three cards are discovered without manifesting a Q and visualizing A or K I would start to worry. In live tournaments I would be much safer with JJ, QQ, KK but in online poker, everything is unpredictable or rather, any madness could happen.

Yeah I dont know about all the "Madness" I think it is very against natural variance to always lose your hand before the money to a ridiculous two outer. What I mean is the majority of time I play I do well at the start and then have a decent chip stack and should make the money. And instead I have a couple of small stacks go all in when I have a good hand and beat me by the river. Then with a marginal chip stack someone gets me in a position where I have to call all in and I lose to some stupid 2 outer. And this is a pattern that should not repeatedly happen before the money in tournaments. This is the madness you speak of and I agree but variance should work for you just as often as it works against you. And more importantly these ridiculous hands where you lose to a 2 outer should not always happen when you are all in. They should happen sometimes when your life in the tourney is not at stake. This makes me think online poker is rigged to give high amount of action so you are overall losing more than you are winning. The reason I say this is because I have been trying to play professionally for a while now and the above is the overall pattern I have noticed. Dont get me wrong I am not expecting to go deep or win every tourney I play in but by now my skill level and adjustments i make during a game my ability to read a player and my studying should have enabled me to cash most tourneys I play in or at least a high enough percentage that I am a winning poker player by now.

SSchattat

SSchattat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm no expert, but mathematically speaking you have a very strong hand

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is a pretty strong hand. I really dont know very , many people who would fold QQs pre flop . I think I would be one of those potential victims.

C

C_mac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play them 3 different ways. If I'm chip leader and have second covered 2-1, I'll go all in or if I'm low stacked and time is running out. Beginning to middle stages, I raise about 1/3 my stack if I hit trips or no king or ace on the board I go all in. If King or Ace on flop, I'm super careful and try and get read if my oponents hit ace or king.

Poker_Player77

Poker_Player77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would. QQ is a pretty strong starting hand, especially if already short stacked. Might not get a better hand to push with before being blinded out. 🤷*♀️

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We are very close to the final table in a $ 300 Mtt CardsChat tournament in pokerstars your cards are QQ Preflop and you only have a Stack of 10BB would you play all-in?

Of course! QQ is a very strong pre-flop hand and your Stack should already be dissolving by the high blinds. So it was only a matter of time before you fell. At the end of the tournaments, players play in order to preserve their Stacks so by pushing, you would possibly take potential winners out of the hand by folding. If you had a high stack it was something else. You could give Raise to try to raise the pot and observe the reactions and community cards.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me personally, I would play all in, there is not much to wait for, watch the flop, for someone to go on stupid cards and turn out to be stupid ... all in, and see what will happen :):p:p:p

You betcha! Time and place ... time and place

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I dont know about all the "Madness" I think it is very against natural variance to always lose your hand before the money to a ridiculous two outer. What I mean is the majority of time I play I do well at the start and then have a decent chip stack and should make the money. And instead I have a couple of small stacks go all in when I have a good hand and beat me by the river. Then with a marginal chip stack someone gets me in a position where I have to call all in and I lose to some stupid 2 outer. And this is a pattern that should not repeatedly happen before the money in tournaments. This is the madness you speak of and I agree but variance should work for you just as often as it works against you. And more importantly these ridiculous hands where you lose to a 2 outer should not always happen when you are all in. They should happen sometimes when your life in the tourney is not at stake. This makes me think online poker is rigged to give high amount of action so you are overall losing more than you are winning. The reason I say this is because I have been trying to play professionally for a while now and the above is the overall pattern I have noticed. Dont get me wrong I am not expecting to go deep or win every tourney I play in but by now my skill level and adjustments i make during a game my ability to read a player and my studying should have enabled me to cash most tourneys I play in or at least a high enough percentage that I am a winning poker player by now.
I do not misinterpret you at all, quite the contrary, I think your comment is correct

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u r playing to win this is all in .. being so short ppl will think they r well ahead of a 10bb shoving range and u could get called and be in good shape hands like AQ KQ AT AJ QJ u r frav to win against theese .. u r super infront of any under pair and flipping with AK so QQ is easy jam for me.
If u run into AA or KK then so be it but this is unlikely.. i know it has happend before but u gotta go with the hunniez