QQ all-in preflop

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are very close to the final table in a $ 300 Mtt CardsChat tournament in pokerstars your cards are QQ Preflop and you only have a Stack of 10BB would you play all-in?

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course! I would play All-in with cards 1010+ and AK

24 hours ago I played so I went all-in with QQ preflop and my rival had KK and was out of the tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
We are very close to the final table in a $ 300 Mtt CardsChat tournament in pokerstars your cards are QQ Preflop and you only have a Stack of 10BB would you play all-in?

It depends if another player was close to going out. if not id go all in. watch the cards flip over and see the other guys q6 and watch the donkey reward system give them a straight
and then see that the player was, of course, a russian .

I went out quite early yesterday, flopped the second nut flush draw, two overs and a straight draw, of course, none of them hit I only had like 20 outs to his 1 lol ..

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going allin. This is a very strong hand, especially on the final table where many play aggressively. Often we get an answer only with pairs or A. Often we will be ahead. It is right.

M

Mercurius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At 10BB you're shoving a pretty big range (unless on the edge of a significant pay jump). Stealing blinds / dead money from limpers makes a material impact to your stack and if your stack gets much lower you're getting multiple callers with any two cards which destroys your equity.

You clearly will get knocked out quite a lot in this spot but you're probably already the short stack and going out anyway if you're just waiting for monsters.

100% shove, sucks about the outcome but that's life

H3kf

H3kf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a short stack it’s good idea

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what else you would do other than shove. You call for what, 2 0r 3 bbs? Now what do you do after the flop...fold to a raise and have almost no chips left while you wait for something better than QQ? You probably should have shoved before you reached this low a stack. Players often tighten up near the bubble or the final table so you should have considered shoving if the table folded to you in one of the late positions. Your cards wouldn't matter.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ol in. ordinary mathematics. chances to win over 70

Highscoregodx

Highscoregodx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This chance is usually not to be missed, a very strong hand at this stage of the game. Another thing is if someone else destroys your hand even stronger, and this is the quintessence of failure

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, with 10bb, your push is correct, especially in a freeroll, in a real money tournament, of 10 dollars, for example, I have seen regs open with QQ, KK and AA, but in microlimites and freerolls, no slow play is a good idea.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes this is an easy all in with QQ and only 10bbs deep.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ allin preflop

10 BB Shove the chips all in.

Been unlucky cards for me Twice my QQ ran into KK AND AA.

It's all part of the fun:driver:

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Probably. That's a pretty strong hand.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
easy shove all in with QQ. you may lose but this time but more often than not you will win.

tazzmaster62

tazzmaster62

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
had this hand 3 days ago went all in and got beat bye aces. its a chance you take . ill take it on top pair any time

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

What was your position, I wouldn't hesitate to jam QQ in mid to late position when first in. I normally live and die by position, that being said with only 10 BB left your choices are very limited.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

24 hours ago I played so I went all-in with QQ preflop and my rival had KK and was out of the tournament.

That's going to happen some of the time. You made the right play in this situation, sometimes people are going to have it.

Easy jam, unfortunate results.

Yep, this is a no brainer spot in this particular tournament. You double up, you have 20+ bbs (after other dead money in the pot) and you give yourself a better chance to win the tournament. The big money is at the top and if you're not taking those spots where you can chip up big, you decrease your odds of winning. The play was fine, the results are what they are. Just go on to the next one.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, I love these questions) on the flop easily appear K, A without problems) all in preflop QQ is 50% victory! For a 50-50 risk to study the opponents, because if there are 3-4 players in the game and you, the chances will be about 30% to win... 10BB is not a small pot, and the Bank really hold to find the best opponent to play all in! Good luck ;)

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove. Shove and shove again every time with qq

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering the stack size of 10 bb. Its the right time to go all in with QQ. No other play for QQ if you have 10 bb left. Just shove and good luck.

O

ocl07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion it's definitely all-in. The goal in mtt and sng-mtt tournament is 1st place, not 8th or 9th. It's obvious because 1st place get ~20% prize pool and 8th or 9th ~2%. So you can all-in because only AA and KK are better and against AK is 50%. In many situation you have 70-80 % in shove situation. So it's profitable play.