QQ all-in preflop

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.QQ on preflop, this is a whole problem.on the one hand, a large pair and a player are lost for joy and go all in with confidence.but this pair of devious,why in Olin poker often loses to aces.so I would not advise you to be very happy with this card, and especially not to go all-in, only if my Bank is higher than the opponent's Bank and I have studied the players well.

If my friend the best thing is to let the flop come to see what it brings as it would be dangerous an A and a K.

m_v_a

m_v_a

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stack and number of players

It all depends on how many players behind you have not yet put up bids and what your bankroll is

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always give all in with QQ, because a few times I took one against two pairs either 10 and J 8 so I learned to give all in no matter what the situation.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not easy to throw QQ preflop, but it will be a good decision if you clearly feel that by the nature of the bets, the opponent is most likely holding KK or AA.

A

andrzejaa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the opponent whether I play QQ all in pre flop. If it's tight, I'll think about it, but I'm really a fish and can't fold such cards.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket QQ is the third best starting hand. Therefore, every time I want to invest money with her in a bank, I have to raise or re-raise. In the case of open raise I use sizing in 3bb. If it comes to 3-betting, then sizing here will depend on my position relative to the initial raiser. If I have a position on the open raiser, then I should 3-bet 3x on the opponent's opening size. If I am out of position, then 4x sizing will be a great choice.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, excitement is drawn to throwing a coin) But you need to correctly analyze the situation at the table) Although I sometimes even play AA in a call or raise to confuse opponents)

W

Wellingtonaakkk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for sure, but depending on the game situation if it comes close to reaching a bubble of a mtt i would think twice before pushing all in. think first about the guaranteed prize pool for placing in the tournament.

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ is a premium hand. Worst case scenario you are losing against AA and KK, fliping against AK. After that you DOMINATE all other hands.
Easy all in with 10bb!

J

jorgejarapy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but it is a movement that also depends on you having to know how the opponents are playing

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes all in but, there's always a but :) if several players are all in before me and cover me and some of them are tight and I feel I'm going to be up against AA or KK I would consider folding. I'd probably only consider it then shove ha ha.The thing is, if your opponents have AK AQ or JJ you are ahead and if not you might get lucky and hit a Q. Then you scoop a big pot & you'll be in a great position to win so I say go for it. :)

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes in this situation it's good idea to go all in !! But for me if you have big stack and the tournament it's close to the final table it's good don't go all in Pre flop !! Sometimes it's better to see first the flop and then go all in !!

E

emisalvo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With that hand you have a good chance of winning! I would accept or upload any raise they make me and I would reach an all in without hesitation! But it also depends on the moment of the tournament and other situations!

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ

Yes that exact same scenario has happened to me, more often than I care to remember. But, you know what? More often than not I had the best hand going into the flop, and sometimes won a huge pot. And made it to the final table.

I remember Daniel Negreanu talking to the commentator after being eliminated from a World Poker Tour tournament. The commentator said, "You had more than twice as many chips as anyone else. What happened?"

He answered, "I was well on my way to winning this tournament, and then I was out. That's what happened." And he said it with a smile.

Geez, the guy is a legend. If it could happen to him then it could happen to anyone.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you always have to play in the best way, always there if it comes clean.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on position....But it is not the cards I would choose normally. Now yes...low on chips or down to 4-6 players at the table. Now you are talking. Always a good hand...for sure!

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ

If I am on the button or in one of the blinds almost definitely. If we are raised and reraised at a table without big preflop raisers I might fold instead. Other than that, I want everyone who called to give me their money. Someone with AK might call my all in and win, but if I raised two or three units I wouldn’t know for sure if the ace on the flop had hit them, and would probably bet to find out, so I have 5 bu left, better to make A8 fold and hope for no AK.

Under the gun, probably not. I need to win more than two blinds before getting blinded out myself. Probably I will just raise one B.U.

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are very close to the final table in a $ 300 Mtt CardsChat tournament in pokerstars your cards are QQ Preflop and you only have a Stack of 10BB would you play all-in?

Probably due to the situation of my chips I would move all-in and see what would happen, but it is complicated, QQ is a propitious hand to lose in these situations, if the opponent calls with AK the chance is practically equal.

S

Showbizin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it doesn't matter how close you are to a final table. What will you do at final table with 10bbs (or less)? You have to shove. But I'm not sure that you'll get such a strong hand again.

You could fold and wait until other players out and you get pay jumps, but if you want to win you should shove. Don't forget: the less your stack the more people will call your all-in.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
24 hours ago I played so I went all-in with QQ preflop and my rival had KK and was out of the tournament.
Yeah but most of the time he'll not hold KK pre-flop. When short stacked you're in PUSH/FOLD mode. Push with any pair, any Ace, Any faces cards.

C

C_mac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah but most of the time he'll not hold KK pre-flop. When short stacked you're in PUSH/FOLD mode. Push with any pair, any Ace, Any faces cards.

Especially if your short handed. I think I was playing to tight when it got down to 3 handed. Lately I've tried to play more lose seems to be working a bit better.

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it doesn't matter how close you are to a final table. What will you do at final table with 10bbs (or less)? You have to shove. But I'm not sure that you'll get such a strong hand again.

You could fold and wait until other players out and you get pay jumps, but if you want to win you should shove. Don't forget: the less your stack the more people will call your all-in.

There is a lot of reason that I can do with only 10bb at a final table, the best thing would be to play all-in and try to double my chips.

S

Showbizin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a lot of reason that I can do with only 10bb at a final table, the best thing would be to play all-in and try to double my chips.

Yes, of course. It's your choice what to do.
It was my opinion. And I would rather shove QQ when I'm close to the final table instead of not to shove and probably reach the final table but with very low stack which becomes lower and lower as I'm waiting some hand to shove.
So trying to double up with QQ is the best decision for me. :)

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are very close to the final table of the Mtt CardsChat tournament with a buy-in of $ 300 in poker stars, your cards are QQ Preflop and you only have a 10BB stack, would you play all-in?

With a stack of 10BB I’ll go all in. Even with 1010+ I’ll go all in. To try to double your stack