Do you hate the very long late registration time?

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate it, a lot of extra players come in and immediately win the all-in on the lucky

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It drags out the game - that's right. Therefore, you must be set up for a long distance and enjoy the process. And don't take unnecessary risks.

M

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It doesn't bother me much that a tournament has a very long late registration, only when I win the entrance of some satellite and they register me automatically and I can't cancel the registration, but otherwise it doesn't bother me because I register later, especially if the tournament is slow

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I hate it. Unless it's me where I come in late because I was busy. Then I love it!

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind it. The players who register very late usually enjd up losing all the chips.

M

mp3player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i always join late because if i play early then i lose with a cooler i being to tilt and then i end up losing... On other hand if i join late then if i tilt i may still make some $$ in the money round right after the bubble. I guess its how a individual plays that will favour which is better

BlackIce

BlackIce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 3 hrs.' late reg is too much but the sites seem to like it because it makes the money flow more.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really like playing games with late registration, if you register too late it is a waste of money especially in knockout tournaments.

L

Lol1x1

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like long late registrations, I don't think there should be late registrations in tournaments. After all, tournaments take a long time, without late registration. I feel that if you are going to play in a tournament, you should play from the very beginning. To tournaments with a long late registration, you can add another 3-4 hours, which in my opinion is too long.
I just hate the long late check in period. For me, the best is 15 minutes.:mad:

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens differently when I myself sit from the very beginning, I think that they all go and go, and sometimes I myself go to late registration

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
1hour late is enough
more than that is a waist of time

albinas

albinas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yee i'dont like like long registration period. at all i mostly like Bounty hunter tournaments.

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate it when I start early... I like to jump in last 10 minutes if its a good opportunity though....
so it depends...:)

S

Stevoodoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Late reg

Wow hot topic. Late reg is good for the sites as they make more money but watch out for the late comers who are all in all the time. Some appear with seconds to go in the late reg period then also add on if it's available but overall 25 to 35 minutes is ample time over an hour is just overkill..

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Outside just speaking about freeroll, what I really don't like is the fact that there are almost no tournaments at all under 90 minutes late registration. Many of them have 3 hours of reg!!! I would play so many more tournaments than I do now if they offered tournaments with an hour or less. Almost every player agrees. The reason they do it this way is so they can have big guarantees and meet them. A decade ago this was unheard of and honestly would have not been tolerated, but when the guarantees started showing up more, people were tricked into thinking it was some kind of miracle, and early during this fad there were more overlays. Now there is hardly ever an overlay.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I understand it, if there is a long late registration, then the tournament itself goes on for a long time, on the contrary, it is better to have a long registration, because the blinds are growing, and the players enter the registration already with smaller stacks.

Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like late reg 1.5-2 h. I think it's optimal.

M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a big fan of late registration that I have a late registration system.

The site I play at with the micro tournaments that are 90 minutes late registration I think that's fair.

What alot of players don't realize is the longer the late registration the more players that are registered. Then the more players that finish in the money!

If your going to be a poker player and especially when you need to treat your poker and your bankroll as a business you have to learn to adapt to all situations plus learn every poker game possible as this is a chance to build your bankroll.

I've played in poker tournaments at the start, but I prefer late registration.

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Up to one hour is ok, more than that is too much in my opinion

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea I don't mind anymore, more 💰 at the end really but i do usually look at the late registration first and hopefully its just about up. I like sitting down right before it ends and its real then,meaning get knocked out, yr out. Good luck.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some of the smaller tournaments have ridiculously long late registration that make them a super grind to play from the very beginning. I am not sure why any tournaments outside of major events need more than an hour of late entry.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure if there are are any too long late-reg freeroll tournaments so I think you meant to say tournaments in general. Well there are benefits as well as drawbacks, the benefit is if you want to late reg & take advantage of it especially super stack MTTs. The drawback is the long time it takes to get ITM but that's your choice as you chose to register knowing it was a long duration late reg MTT ;)

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late registration

I’m not a fan of 2- hour late reg. I’m not a big fan of re-busy either. I think you should show up on time… or better yet- a few minutes early for a tournament. Maybe poker sites should try rewarding those players on time with a few extra chips. That might be a reasonable incentive to try out…