Do you hate the very long late registration time?

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely it's OK for 30 40 minutes max but like 2-3 hours is absurdity. They definitely need to fix this but I feel they do this to keep the rebuys coming more than the people registering that late.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like late registration most times but sometimes I dont like when late registration is too much minutes only.I like that in start of late registration ALL in poker players are knocked out from the table and only players which dont go all in whole time have left on tables.

gigantbil

gigantbil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it's very exhausting because I want to play 3-4 hours there late, I'm only 2 hours, I think 30 minutes of late registration is quite normal

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Not really, I don't like it, quite normal 45-50 min, plus that too much.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I avoid tournaments where there is also late registration. 10-30 minutes can be acceptable. But when you’re there for a start, you wait three hours and you don’t get any usable cards and after that someone comes who gets the premium cards right away and triples its chips during a few minutes, downright disgusting and unfair. It is not about knowledge, but blind luck.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm convinced that the rules need to be edited, regarding the late reg. I find it horrible when I play in a tournament where you can still buy in after 3 hours, in my opinion totally excessive. I think 1 hour late rag makes sense , because everyone can be late, so it should be good

TheIpS

TheIpS

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the previous opinions about late registration. I consider the optimal late registration for one hour, a maximum of one and a half hours. But tournaments with late registration for more than 2 hours significantly lengthen the time of the tournament. It's very tiring. You can play for 3-4 hours and fly out before you get the prizes. It's always frustrating.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From one site its really annoying and can be frustrating but from the other site it can be also frustrating if you want to play this tournament but you are not home and no opportunity to register earlier. In that cases it makes sence for me

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I don't remember seeing any freeroll with such a long late registration but that information is out there and you have the option to decide whether to play from the beginning, the middle, the end or just not play it.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
Yes. I am of the same opinion, I do not like tournaments with a lot of late registration time as well as I do not like mass tournaments, it means deep stacks, a few days ago I was in a tournament for $ 2.20 I reached the top 30 of almost 2000 entries everyone had so many chips that the game lasted almost 5 hours longer. I like 3-5h tournaments and we are not going to finish longer.

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not the only thing they have to do is concentrate on their game and forget the rest

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Long late registration games used to be one of my favorite games.
When I was a fish, I would come in with 10bb - 15bb and just Nash chart my way to a 30bb stack before making the money.
Sure, I don't make many final tables since I have to win a lot of flips, but cashing 70-80% of my tournaments is fantastic.
All ins are frequently called too wide, therefore utilizing Nash is generally much more +ev than the chart implies. I can no longer enjoy extended late registration games because there are too many fish, who join and yolo all in with trash hands. :rolleyes::D

Last edited:
Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1-2 hours of late registration is ideal for me, I rarely play tournaments here with longer registrations, of course the prize pool also matters