Do you hate the very long late registration time?

T

TomCj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Annoying

The long Late-registration periods are very annoying to me

They make the game quite a bit more difficult
because you have to outplay a continuous stream of newcomers into the game

That's why I prefer the freeze-out format

I believe the poker sites provide these long registrations
because it increases their revenues
from the buy-in fees as well as the rebuys and add-ons

I'm sure those increased player pools
add up to a hefty sum by the end of the day

But I think it is ridiculous to have more than an hour of late registration

TC

M

Marcos1315

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I register for a $0.12 tournament. I didn't pay much attention to the late registration. FOUR HOURS. I mean, unbelievable. It would take forever. I assume it takes you (at least) 6 hours to complete the tournament. I felt extremely stupid for not looking at it. Lucky it was the cheapest tournament.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems that registration time is not too long. I don't mind it if it is too long but I don't see it go too long.

Beatlebug

alan222lomax

alan222lomax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
with free-rolls you take whatever you are given, after all its "free" and you have little say on registration times etc. True, it can be annoying, but not as annoying as that one guy at the table who............

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not just the free ones. Basically all ACR tournaments are like this! I hate their structure, because with 5 minutes left to close, hundreds of players come in looking to double the buy-in quickly, as the chances are high that this will happen due to the ACR tournament structure. I think it should go down. There are tournaments that have 6 hours late is absurd!

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freerolls you can't really complain, but I don't like them too long in m
paying tourneys even micro. I agree with the comment regarding partypoker, they seem to be reasonable there by and large

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
late check-in sometimes pushes, but tolerably

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes i think it's ok but sometimes it's very difficult to keep your stack at the end of late registration

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate it but I understand it is not avoidable if you want to play in higher payout games. Who wants to sponsor a game if they can not cover the payout. I think it should be 45 min Late Reg and only payout what was but in, no guarantees as to what the max is.

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Later players are at a disadvantage, if you play well early the odds are you will build your stack. I like that, but I don’t like freerolls that take too long. Ideally a dollar a player and two and a half hours or less for first place, though perfection is rare and you need stamina.

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
It take a long time to finish and it's difficult to win with money people playing.

E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
RakeTheRake freeroll on ACR is an example of what I call "the tournament that WILL NOT END".

The tournament structure is actually good (2500 starting stack, 10min blinds) and has good payout ($250 guaranteed).

But 120 minutes of registration period? fuhgedaboutit.

Even when you have a medium-sized stack (e.g. 30bb) and there are 20 severely short-stacked players left (<5bb) before the bubble burst, people keep registering in with their 3bb stack and start shoving over each other. More people got busted, right? Nope. More players registering. More all-in wars. The bubble just will not burst.

There are freerolls, and then there are these LR freerolls. Totally different animal altogether.

D

DollarDonJon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You say it the way it is. I enjoy your view point on the matter. It gets really frustrating with the all-in machine people use to acquire chips. I loathe the fact that variance allows poor play to be successful at a higher rate than a live table. So, many times I see the right reads go sour like bad milk in a tourney, because the guy comes in late to a tourney and disrupts your flow. You have to play conservative and makes it hard to get that chip count where it needs to be to make that final table push,

A

acenit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind it, sometimes it's easier to cash

E

ender0713

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind super long late registrations for tournaments, as long as it's a high value tournament, with alot of players, and a large percentage of the player field is payed! :)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The very long late registration time in a mtt, generally is useless, because the blinds will eliminate the tiny starting stack. The freerolls you say maybe they are a promotion kind, so they want to play as many players as possible.

blef121

blef121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, I don’t like it, it annoys me, at least the maximum would be 30 minutes, it’s normal, and when more than 30 minutes, it’s annoying, I don’t like it very much

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like such tournaments with late registration, but if I still decide to play in them, I myself register as late as possible to save time.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like the long registrations. I think 1 hour is more than enough. But the rebuys are how they get the guarantees. So I usually register when Ill have about 20 to 30 big blinds.

G

Genep66

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I don’t like the long late registration time and I usually avoid them if possible.

L

LOOPY

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Betonline have tournaments that have up to a 3 hour registration and rebuy in window.
I don't care for it, but I realize the tournament has to have enough entries to be able to make the guarenteed payout.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No, I don't like the long late registrations myself. I don't mind 1/2-1 hour max but the ones that are 2+ hours don't make sense to me.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't like late registration, rebuys and add-on. But the site has to make more money right?

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some nice freerolll tournaments have a very late registration time, sometimes 180 minutes of late registration! You have to be very, very patient before you see the number of poker players drop in the tournament.I do not like this kind of freerolls, you too?

I despise it!! Especially the unlimited rebuys and 4hrs+ late registration like common are you kidding me.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some players only play from late registration. This forum has a player challenge that turned late registration into a winning strategy.