Do you hate the very long late registration time?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know of any freerolls with long (or any) late reg periods. I don't like them in general though - the real poker doesn't start till the late reg is over and all the donks have left.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yeah, I don't know what freerolls have such a late registration. But speaking about late reg in tournaments in general, I'm not fond of it either. The maximum I can handle is about 2 hours (although it's already rough), rooms that have even longer late registration are unholy in my opinion lol

I'm really appreciating partypoker's efforts in this regard, as they made late reg in all the tournaments significantly shorter, in a lot of their tournaments it's less than an hour.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Some nice freerolll tournaments have a very late registration time, sometimes 180 minutes of late registration! You have to be very, very patient before you see the number of poker players drop in the tournament.I do not like this kind of freerolls, you too?

What freerolls have 180 minute late reg then ...
As far i know then some cardchat games have 15, some 30 min late reg ...
I believe jackpotfreeroll games usually have 60-120 mins late reg but i doubt that even they have it ~ 3h just like you described :dontknow:

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am neutral about late registration. If people do not want to play quietly with a comfortable stack, then they use late registration and just put all in.

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What freerolls have 180 minute late reg then ...
As far i know then some cardchat games have 15, some 30 min late reg ...
I believe jackpotfreeroll games usually have 60-120 mins late reg but i doubt that even they have it ~ 3h just like you described :dontknow:

For example intertops JP Freeroll has a late registration of 3 hours.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I really don't see the point in complaining about freerolls since it's free. Having a late-reg period in a freebuy makes a little sense 'cause the site is trying to make some $ to compensate the payout. Three hours is a little much, imo, but all in all I think late-reg should be no more than 90 mins. I remember when there was no late-reg, if you missed the start then you were just S.O.L. :eviltongu

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some nice freerolll tournaments have a very late registration time, sometimes 180 minutes of late registration! You have to be very, very patient before you see the number of poker players drop in the tournament.I do not like this kind of freerolls, you too?

I do not like the super long late reg periods.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like it either.
But it's difficult to complain because it is free.

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost all the tournaments I play have 1 and half to three hour reg window. Its fine and you should start late regging if you aren't able handle that.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There should never be any complaints in regards to freerolls

IzzyMoreno

IzzyMoreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate long tournaments and one with 2 hours late registration then takes five to six hours till the final tables.I like tournaments where you have a chance to get into the money after one or at least two hours.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I personally thing the late registration has gone past the point of reasonableness. I understand having one is nice and dont mind a small one but some of the tournaments I have played have closer 4 hours of late registration once you add in the breaks ect and its to much. I have actually played less in recent years due to this. Her poker sites, I have a freaking job. How about throwing in some freeze out or just make the late reg an hour or more preferable 1/2 hour at most. On the negative side some people wont like is the fact that guaranties would be lower but I am OK with that.

T

Tomo_Tomagio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree it's unnecessarily up to two three hours sometimes mainly when it comes to big tournaments I understand they want the tournament to pay but it's a long time 🤦 ♂️

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do not know freerolls with so much big late reg time . But , for normal tourneys , I like the late reg period to be not more than 2hours , even this makes me uncomfortable . But 3 hours , 4 hours , or more is kinda rediculous . You see how very slowly the blinds are raised at the beginning , you could play for 4 hours , then get busted by someone , who late registered at the last moment , and doubled his stack twice with good shove fold strategy . Playing 4 hours big stack for nothing . Maybe I shoukd also late reg all the time , llolI . Cause either way I can make a mistake , or be a victim to a bad beat , 20-15 blinds big decisions , shove or reraise and call , lol all the time . I play a tourney on ACR nowadays , lol , 4 hours late registration , I guess there are worse ....

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

I also don't like the tournament either:):):)

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know freerolls with so much big late reg time . But , for normal tourneys , I like the late reg period to be not more than 2hours , even this makes me uncomfortable . But 3 hours , 4 hours , or more is kinda rediculous . You see how very slowly the blinds are raised at the beginning , you could play for 4 hours , then get busted by someone , who late registered at the last moment , and doubled his stack twice with good shove fold strategy . Playing 4 hours big stack for nothing . Maybe I shoukd also late reg all the time , llolI . Cause either way I can make a mistake , or be a victim to a bad beat , 20-15 blinds big decisions , shove or reraise and call , lol all the time . I play a tourney on ACR nowadays , lol , 4 hours late registration , I guess there are worse ....

I think, it is not as bad as, it looks. I had plenty FT, could win 1 from that structure in the last half year. For me the negativity of these 4-4,5 hours late reg tourneys are very simple, and it is only my fault, sometimes I can't stop after 2 buyins, and forget it for that day, start or wait for the next tourney. And anyway, it is pretty unique, I do not know any similar tourney structure out there in any other room, so playing it regularly, can give you advantage against others, as you know what phases it has, probably most of the other players do not know.

Yes, sometimes I relegate early/mid late reg phase, rarely I relegate before money, but if I reach it, there is a good chance to go very deep in it. It is definitely tricky, as you must change usually many times how you play, and not only because of the structure.

Not my favorite on that site, but I still play that, makes small profit, too.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it’s above one hour then definitely yes, it’s harder to win, the tournament lasts ages and I get tired.

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
long late registrations in my opinion is give money to sharks

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate it with all my heart... :)I don't see the point in a freeroll either.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like late registration, especially if it's too long. I don’t understand its purpose on freerolls.