Cheating on ACR Suspected

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome

"When finished, players will be able to administer a captcha check on other players during play. While we continue to do our best to improve online poker and provide the fairest gaming experience, we also hope to hear from players with ideas of features that empower players to join us in this common goal."

I can't wait to Captcha a bot.

L

Luvulongtime99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joey has played so many hands of PLO that I would take his word for it. The downside of saying what he has that all the players that have been getting crushed now think they have been losing because of bots.. I just hope that ACR cleans stuff up so I feel better about putting money on there. I just don't understand why they have let the tournament loophole go for so long. That makes me a bit nervous that that has not been addressed by them right away. Been a problem for sometime.

B

BadluckBubba

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree 100%. ACR has announced some planned changes in another forum:
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=53475458&postcount=1

There is much more that ACR can and should do to proactively identify and prevent cheating, but even these steps show that these videos have had a positive effect.

These guys didnt want to hear it until it started costing them money. Now amazingly they want players to help police the cheating only after shunning one of their biggest supporters when he tried to help?

Is there a such thing as a skunk flavored fish? Reeks of both.

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it

These guys didnt want to hear it until it started costing them money. Now amazingly they want players to help police the cheating only after shunning one of their biggest supporters when he tried to help?

Is there a such thing as a skunk flavored fish? Reeks of both.

Would you rather just keep faith in their security department???

I love the idea of being able to captcha a bot. The thought of someone thinking I was a bot and captchaing me sounds very honoring. :rock:

A

aodat2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Does ACR Cheat?

Hi guys,

I've recently watched Joey Ingram's Youtube stuff and it seems that he's going on and on and on about ACR cheating it's players and etc.

Do you guys have any comment on that?

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never seen any evidence of it.

B

BigSlick20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just contact ACR and see what they say.

B

BadluckBubba

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you rather just keep faith in their security department???

I love the idea of being able to captcha a bot. The thought of someone thinking I was a bot and captchaing me sounds very honoring. :rock:

I have zero faith in their security, as in I dont believe it exists.

Im with you though on the caption thingy......if it works........or if they respond to it. Sounds like a good idea in theory. Still takes them to be a willing partner on the other side though and that is where my faith falls short.

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He just bla bla bla... But nothing proves or even gets close to prove there are bots on ACR.

K

koskesh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regardless of this guy’s social network status or how popular he is etc, or anyone else for that matter, irrefutable evidence should be provided if you have it. What’s the point of saying you have hours of evidence without actually providing it?

supermoto

supermoto

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and that is being done frequently on all platforms you have to be very careful at the tables.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well that was 18 minutes of my life that I'm never getting back (I only watched the first one). I have little doubt that cheating is rampant in online poker. It's the only conclusion that makes any sense. I hope that ownership is doing everything it can to fight this, but that's a pipe dream. I hope this video, this guy, and others like him help to push the powers that be in the right direction. That doesn't excuse this video for being a piece of crap from an information, watchability, or entertainment perspective. This video, and thousands like it are why I don't watch YouTube. At about the 13 minute mark, I started thinking "Sasquatch" in my head whenever he said "'Bot". That made it interesting for a few seconds: "they're out there, but they're NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!".

"In this simple example it's more than 99% chance of ITM, but in reality numbers are diferent and you dont know exactly the final numbers thus the estimate of 80% ITM chance is still reasonable."

* you can get a 100% ITM if you are the 291st registered and only 63 players left/ 63 players paid

* you can get ~ 75% chance when you are 60 players left /45 players paid; i.e not enough players late join to jump to 63 paid

* sometimes during weekend more than expected players late-reg and you have 90 left / 63 paid (<75% theoretical chance of ITM)

So the 80% figure is an approximate combination of the above scenarios.

Joey Ingram told me that you think like a 'Bot. Are you Eastern European??? :viking:

I been so dry on ACR for about a yr if not longer...its been pretty dry run

You are obviously not a 'Bot. Unless that's what you want us to think, hmm...... :icon_scra

W

wilywiles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GOOD LOOKIN OUT

Just started playing at ACR and thats a much obliged heads up! thanks for the video

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The site makes money either way, so why would they address it and lose a bunch of money.. unless they had to.

J

jt2oux

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for starting this thread. Has been a good read.

L

Luvulongtime99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joey has played a ungodly amount of online poker hands. Hell once he played 50,000 hands in 24 hours. If anyone would be able to notice something shady it would be him. I am pretty sure everyone is aware of the tourney loop hole thats been going on forever. I just hope ACR at some point soon steps up to the plate so I feel better about sending them money on there site. Most of the bots where in High stakes PLO I have seen some talk about bots in low stakes. Sorry when there are accounts that never stop playing or playing 75% of the day something is up.. Also there have been accounts that where 60-70% ITM in tourneys which is just not real. Once again tourney loophole.. I think sites that catch bots should ban those people for life. Harsher punishment is needed for these guys so internet poker is not ruined or looses trust with us players.

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joey has played a ungodly amount of online poker hands. Hell once he played 50,000 hands in 24 hours. If anyone would be able to notice something shady it would be him. I am pretty sure everyone is aware of the tourney loop hole thats been going on forever. I just hope ACR at some point soon steps up to the plate so I feel better about sending them money on there site. Most of the bots where in High stakes PLO I have seen some talk about bots in low stakes. Sorry when there are accounts that never stop playing or playing 75% of the day something is up.. Also there have been accounts that where 60-70% ITM in tourneys which is just not real. Once again tourney loophole.. I think sites that catch bots should ban those people for life. Harsher punishment is needed for these guys so internet poker is not ruined or looses trust with us players.

This is very well put.

I will never make a deposit there. Even if they "fix" their problems they cannot be trusted, The attitude his CEO has taken against Joey says it all, he fukkin new all along.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there is always going to be cheaters at poker, especially on poker online, but its up to players to try to stop them. If you play with real money you need to keep track of who you play with, to try to avoid being cheated, if you notice something suspicious and think you are being cheated stop playing with those players and report it to customer service so they can investigate and stop those players from cheating other players. If you notice you're being cheated and you don't report them then they'll keep cheating other players and get away with it.

K

koskesh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is always going to be cheaters at poker, especially on poker online, but its up to players to try to stop them. If you play with real money you need to keep track of who you play with, to try to avoid being cheated, if you notice something suspicious and think you are being cheated stop playing with those players and report it to customer service so they can investigate and stop those players from cheating other players. If you notice you're being cheated and you don't report them then they'll keep cheating other players and get away with it.

Only in a utopia, reporting cheaters would result in serious action. Only an insider whistle blower will bring on any serious action.

There are many examples of the heads of many other companies in other industries who knew of wrongdoings within their company for years and did nothing. Recent examples that come to mind are Volkswagen’s fake emission results to pass environmental requirements, or Wells Fargo’s fake account scandal. Human greed is a powerful innate force and will almost always be the winner in the moral battles between right and wrong.

The best thing anyone can do to fight this, is simply stop playing at any suspected cheating sites. Accusations and weak short time frame evidence will do nothing to these guys. We need to hit them where it hurts the most: their pockets. Enough people stop playing at these sites=less traffic=less rake=less profits=dead company.

nobodysf00l

nobodysf00l

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i played the omaha hi/lo tables for a while. became suspicious when i would see, day in and day out, the same 2 players at multiple tables and very suspect betting practices

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR / WPN seems to have made some positive changes to late registration, and players have reported that they are having to complete Captcha-style tests recently to prove that they are not a bot.

But WPN has said very little publicly about allegations of widespread cheating. Due to this lack of responsiveness, another poker forum has decided to close WPN's sponsored sub-forum, and stop running ads from WPN skins. The decision is presented in this Publisher's Note:

https://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/issue159/

I don't have any inside information about this situation. But it's never a good sign when reputable businesses decide they don't want your money anymore.

WPN's lack of communication with players and poker media about this issue is puzzling and troubling. I wonder if this could this also lead to changes in CardsChat's relationship with WPN.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
joey knows what he is taking about he cares about the game so much acr will fix it hopefully