Cheating on ACR Suspected

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Old news about an old topic,,,,and as to why he would do this,simple.You get cash for views,subscriptions,tweets,adds.He`s getting alot of attention for this,isn`t he?,,,, :icon_scra Stay tuned!

Sure... He's doing this for the little money he would get from this video, with all the connections he has within ACR. I think he'd rather analyse some highstakes cash game hand which would get about the same viewer amount. He would totally accuse players for no reason. Those scammers still get a lot of action, so i don't think its old news/old topic. Its spreading awareness.

Darsno

Darsno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always collusion, but...

There is always going to be collusion, but ultimately it is up to the people who run the site to put in place systems to detect and neutralize scammers. We as players can only collate so much proof, so much hard evidence. We simply don't have enough access to the inner workings of the program to catch these guys, and its sad when the people you are counting on to protect you don't make enough of an effort.

Darsno

Darsno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The ONE thing that stuck with me thru last night and to now is that the guy is wearing a wrist band.

I noticed the same thing, right off. But... Did it seem like he was showcasing his band on purpose, perhaps to make himself seem more interesting, different? It could possibly a cheap gimmick to engender more hits. :confused:

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely disgusting you'd think he would do this for attention with his wristband or question it. So you're saying speculating about a scam like this to raise awareness is wrong and its 0 effidence but you come up with statements like this that he's doing it for money and using things like his wristband for attention? Double standards if you ask me. You should be questioning the potential scammers, attacking him for making this video is wrong imo.

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not like I should

This sounds pretty unscientific. I have to admit, I'm a bit skeptical when I hear someone seriously talking about some ineffable ability that allows them to derive information that doesn't exist outside of our 5 senses. Curious, do you track your results?

It comes from having a lot of Theta Brainwaves, I've been trying to figure out the source and ways to improve gut instincts for the past year. I'll probably share most of my findings soon.
Have you ever played with Asian Lary at Mohegan? He's the only person I've met with stronger live instincts. A lot of pros have the instincts too, if you watch the show High Stakes you will notice that garbage hands win more often then not when they are played.

As far as results go, I started a year ago and live play I've grossed ~25k (not including buy ins) but netted <5k. I just switched to tournaments in September and only tried online for the first time a month ago.
A year ago my Bipolar ex stole 100k and created some insane drama. The emotional roller coaster has been the largest factor in my performance. I expect a lot of big personal wins soon, which should lead to impressive poker earnings.

I could upload some hands if you want.
I noticed your from mass, do you ever play in Keene or at Mohegan?

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It comes from having a lot of Theta Brainwaves, I've been trying to figure out the source and ways to improve gut instincts for the past year. I'll probably share most of my findings soon.
Right theta brainwaves. I'm on board now.

I could upload some hands if you want.
No, that's okay. I'm not one of those assholes who demand to see someones stats whenever they claim to have great results. I was just curious if you were actually keeping track. People tend to over estimate their success if left to memory alone. Dunning Kruger effect. If you say you track I believe you.

I noticed your from mass, do you ever play in Keene or at Mohegan?
I am from Mass. and I have played at both Mohegan and Keene which is only about 40 minutes away. It's a little too small for me and they close up at like 1AM. I like to play all night. I haven't played at Mohegan in a couple of years but think I do know Asian Larry. Tall red headed guy with freckles? I stick mostly to Foxwoods.

Good luck sir. Maybe we'll run into eachother.
:)

Darsno

Darsno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not attacking him for making t◙e vid. WHO doesn't take off their hospital bracelet while dishing out sensationalist, wild-eyed, rants about vague conspiracies? And most importantly, why? How unbelievably disgusting of me for pointing this out... ugh.

Are you always so hyperbolic when being a white-knight thersitical traducer?

Last edited:
A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's fine for Joey to say he's lost confidence in the network's ability to provide a fair game, and to call out WPN's lack of responsiveness to concerns about cheating.

A quick Google search shows that bots are widely available and are almost certainly in use.

Collusion, and multi-accounting at one table, is profitable and easy to conceal. If you are caught (especially on a gray market site like WPN) you are almost certainly not going to be prosecuted or sued. So I assume it occurs. Where there are profits to be made, people will try to cheat. Especially since the cheating is easy to do, hard to detect, and the potential penalty for being caught is just being banned and having funds confiscated.

Calling out specific users without providing evidence is not okay. It only undermines Joey's credibility.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
horrible people cheat i hate them so much ruins the game

A

Andy3B

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am now adding to my notes to players, the date they started to play in ACR.
My experience: Be careful with new players (4 months and younger)

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No ACR rep to reply or look into this? Very interesting but hard proof is needed.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very concerning. And really one of the first major respected pros to call out not only a specific site but also specific user names. Bots have always been an issue in online poker but talks of collusion and super users is extremely concerning.

My current challenge is being done on an WPN skin and I've noticed in past few days a lot more players on the site. A week or two ago you'd be hard pressed to find more than one 2c/5c FR game going and now you're seeing 3-4 of these games going at once out of the blue. And lots of new user names.

Not saying it's conclusive but something smells off here and it's on ACR/WPN to address it.

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well

hummm....kk....maybe enough maybe not

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought the big issue for online play is multiple accounts under control of one player.

At a PLO game that would be a lot of information w 2 or 3 accounts at a table.

Same as a sit and go?

The advantage of heads-up is that at least you know you are playing one opponent.

Your thoughts ?

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing in that vid tells me anything useful.

I agree. Glad I am not the only one.

He didn't make any sense, so little that I shut the video off at about 2 minutes in.

Dude looks as if he smoked a fatty before making the video, his eyes are so glossy and bloodshot, no wonder he didn't make much sense.:)

P

PapesOnlyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea that figures....this isn't the 1st time a poker site has been caught doing this

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need more evidence. This is not enough.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Joey posted a new follow up video today discussing an exploit in the tournaments there , banned accounts, sharkscope screenshots, alleged multi-accounting/connected users and alleged conversations with some of ACR/WPN's top brass:

From what I can glean from Joey's video here, his concern isn't that users aren't getting banned but rather that WPN does not seem to care about fixing issues/addressing possible other accounts that might be working together and wondering if there's much more going on that they aren't fixing/monitoring. While I do disagree with Joey that some of these sharkscope stats definitely mean something (very small sample sizes on a few), I think the alleged WPN response thus far is what is really bothering me.

A lot of folks are demanding more evidence of these things Joey is claiming but for me I know that based on these videos, other users expressing concerns, and the WPN rep on 2+2's dismissiveness if not rudeness towards concerned players is enough for me to strongly recommend stopping play on WPN skins most likely.

Last edited:
A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry but that video is just clickbait for views. Nothing proved any sort of cheating going on.

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not to sure about that, in PLO I have called some pretty stupid preflop allins just because it is PLO you never truly know what is good or not.

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This video is much better than the first one.

Joey's presentation is scattershot, and some of the arguments he uses don't make much sense. I don't think anything has been proven yet. But he has presented real evidence that needs to be looked at closely and methodically.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But he has presented real evidence that needs to be looked at closely and methodically.

At least one of the bots he talks about has already been proven to be a real human. You can even watch that guy play live on his twitch channel... I checked sharkscope for others and I dont see anything fishy about their stats. And sharkscope tracks their play over months and not some hours like Joey has done....

Sorry, but the fact that Joey is not capable of typing a username into google before accusing him to be a bot is enough reason for me to stop listening to what he says...

If he wants my attention he must deliver more than just a fact-free, non-researched conspiracy theory about evil forces being respoinsible for his losses....

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is collusion and bot use, thats not debatable, what i found out is that most cheaters will always be ahead of the rules.

C

concoman710

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugh this is definitely disturbing to watch considering the volume I put in on ACR. Joey Ingram is a high profile player so it's hard to take this information with a grain of salt considering his evidence.

44Bars and ICreateMyOwnEnergy have been at the top of many MTT lobbies and to hear that they arte cheating makes me sick.

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same thing with BetOnline! That`s why I play only freerolls there. Also I have realized that there are players with almost the same screen-names at the high-stakes final tables.