Cheating on ACR Suspected

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's exactly what he should do is make vidoes to warn people they have had plenty of time to take care of this. so warn people and now they can be aware in the mean time if ACR does anything at all. This is a pretty big deal and can definitely keep a winning player from winning. maybe not all the time but sit at a table with me and let me have 5 spots at the table and you have just one and you would lose almost every time

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all day

these site are making lots of money to not take care of and protect there players

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I knew it all along... site is 100% corrupt

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he should address his concerns with WPN/ACR not make videos trashing the site. He has no idea what they are or are not doing to address bots collusion and the rest, And for his statements about ACR being non-responsive. They are not at his beck and call. Make your accusations let them investigate and come up with a plan to address any issues they find and I am sure they will make some announcement about the issues they discover at some point not necessarily all the fixes they implement. Trashing the site and hurting their business when you can't even be sure if a bot is a bot and the rest of your accusations you provide no real proof of. After the second video I started asking myself about other motives for these videos. I came up with some but I am not going to start hurling accusations with no proof.

To be fair he addressed in the videos that he did reach out to ACR/WPN before making the videos.

B

BadluckBubba

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he should address his concerns with WPN/ACR not make videos trashing the site. He has no idea what they are or are not doing to address bots collusion and the rest, And for his statements about ACR being non-responsive. They are not at his beck and call. Make your accusations let them investigate and come up with a plan to address any issues they find and I am sure they will make some announcement about the issues they discover at some point not necessarily all the fixes they implement. Trashing the site and hurting their business when you can't even be sure if a bot is a bot and the rest of your accusations you provide no real proof of. After the second video I started asking myself about other motives for these videos. I came up with some but I am not going to start hurling accusations with no proof.

He did voice his concerns. And nothing got done. Once he made the video, quite a few of the accused accounts are nowhere to be seen. Did the accused decide to hide out a while and if so, why if they are doing nothing wrong? Or did they get banned and if so,why did it take a video to get the ball rolling instead of ACR finding it themselves? Or at least addressing the video maker in the contacts before the video was made?

Sucks either way you look at it but asking what motives does the video maker have when he stands to lose more making them than gaining with views on youtube, then dont we also have to ask what motives acr might have for looking the other way when cheating occurs because it makes them more money? Or at the very least ask what motives they have for doing something after the video comes out?

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does someone know how to delete an account there?

J

JRNorris95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You seem to be justifying your claims by the fact that you are losing to these individuals. I'm sure you are a great player, but it's just too easy to accuse people of cheating. Nothing in your video is fact, really just opinions. I appreciate that you are trying to prevent others from losing money, but your claims are just to wild to put faith in without any evidence.

Maybe instead of talking about who you think is cheating or why, show specific hands where you believe cheating occurred and try and justify why you think so.

Animylgamer

Animylgamer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night I was playing in the MDS MEGA freeroll on ACR. A player started the hand with around 300, went all in, and then won a 677 pot.
That player then started the next hand with 3677, as if he double re-bought. The player
was weak and didn't get close to the money, so it seems unlikely to be cheating...

When a MDS MEGA freeroll ($0 buy-in, for example) starts and the first hand is dealt, once the dealer button is shown on the table the game is "now live". At ANY time your stack is AT or below the 3000 starting chip stack (again, $0 buy-in for example) ANYONE at the table can click the re-buy button in the upper right corner of the table at any time and top their chip stack with a SINGLE re-buy for $.50 :flute:

Even if you don't play the first hand (and have 3000 in chips) you can still do this and at the start of the second hand your chip stack will top off giving you a stack of 6000 chips.:D

I've been playing on Winning Poker Network skins (Black Chip Poker mainly) for a good 4-5 years now and it's always been like that; just be happy they don't allow the double re-buy option for topping off their stack.

Besides, it's effective to use when you get an over aggressive donk on the table that's known to shove all in pre-flop on the first hand with garbage cards if they win the hand and then challenge them on the second to shut them down, and even sometimes fun for a third hand (though it could be costly if he is on a donkey roll), if you get dealt a prime starting hand.

Last edited:
E

eanishimimi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i m one of the players banned recently from wpn for having 80%+ itm in MTTs

Did not cheat nor done anything illegal. I just late reg for MTTs where i think I have 80% chance itm.

For example a 11$ MTT is in late reg with 1 minute left

280 entries/ 55 players left/ 45 players paid

If 10+ players join last minute, we will have

291+ entries/~65 players left/ 63 players paid

In this simple example it's more than 99% chance of ITM, but in reality numbers are diferent and you dont know exactly the final numbers thus the estimate of 80% ITM chance is still reasonable.

80% ITM is not really a big deal when most of these ITMs are mincash. you need mincash to be higher than 1.2x the buyin+mtt fee to be profitable.

Using the previous example, if mincash is14$, you are barely breakeven ($14*80%-11$). So your profit will be eventually from those times when you get lucky and do more than mincash.

I hope this helps put some perspective on the subject.

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did not cheat nor done anything illegal. I just late reg for MTTs where i think I have 80% chance itm.

For example a 11$ MTT is in late reg with 1 minute left

280 entries/ 55 players left/ 45 players paid

If 10+ players join last minute, we will have

291+ entries/~65 players left/ 63 players paid

In this simple example it's more than 99% chance of ITM, but in reality numbers are diferent and you dont know exactly the final numbers thus the estimate of 80% ITM chance is still reasonable.

80% ITM is not really a big deal when most of these ITMs are mincash. you need mincash to be higher than 1.2x the buyin+mtt fee to be profitable.

Using the previous example, if mincash is14$, you are barely breakeven ($14*80%-11$). So your profit will be eventually from those times when you get lucky and do more than mincash.

I hope this helps put some perspective on the subject.

Your example makes sense.

But for this to work, a large enough number of players need to join at the last minute to bring the number of registered players to 291 or higher.

Are you joining with friends? If not, how can you be confident that enough other players will join?

E

eanishimimi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"In this simple example it's more than 99% chance of ITM, but in reality numbers are diferent and you dont know exactly the final numbers thus the estimate of 80% ITM chance is still reasonable."

* you can get a 100% ITM if you are the 291st registered and only 63 players left/ 63 players paid

* you can get ~ 75% chance when you are 60 players left /45 players paid; i.e not enough players late join to jump to 63 paid

* sometimes during weekend more than expected players late-reg and you have 90 left / 63 paid (<75% theoretical chance of ITM)

So the 80% figure is an approximate combination of the above scenarios.

E

eanishimimi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your example makes sense.

Are you joining with friends? If not, how can you be confident that enough other players will join?

In many games you see the same players late-registering, they might be using the same conservative (late-reg, mincash) strategy as you. The way WPN software seats late-registered, and players registered during breaks) on the same table needs to be addressed imo.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any news in the case of acr?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A vid. with a series of specific Hand History examples would be nice.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need to refine my first statement. The ONE thing that stuck with me thru last night and to now is that the guy is wearing a wrist band. The kind you find in hospitals! Including mental hospitals! Not saying this guy is nuts, but on drugs is a very real possibility!

The fact that this guy is trying real hard to convince you he has a clue, suggests to me he doesn't.

So, this guy needs a new path in life. It should be how to present a case to make others understand, and then believe him. Law school maybe.

Oh Man are you guys serious?? You do not know who Joey Ingram is?? He is not a losing player, he was SuperNovaElite on pokerstars, he has the biggest poker podcast. Read 2+2 forums?? Do you guys not know about 2+2?? This is not just Joey, people are sending him info and he is posting the videos because he has an audience. ACR has banned some accounts. the bot teams are just opening new accounts. He showed how tournament and SitnGo accounts have 80% cash rates on sharkscope he has done 2 or 3 videos with more to come. If you guys are depositing money on these sites how can you not stay informed??

As for definite hard proof, how do you get that?? Only ACR has access to its backdoor to really monitor accounts. He is asking everyone to be aware and play at your own risk. To dismiss an online pro who has made his living from online poker for 10 years and has associations with all the top online pros, to dismiss him as just 1 player who lost is silly. Just check the info on 2+2 forums. You will see many many people calling out accounts.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All hail Joey! :adore:

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought the big issue for online play is multiple accounts under control of one player.

At a PLO game that would be a lot of information w 2 or 3 accounts at a table.

Same as a sit and go?

The advantage of heads-up is that at least you know you are playing one opponent.

Your thoughts ?

Yes, one of the biggest issues right now. One of the things they are doing is late regging some of ACR's 5 hour late reg tourneys and if you can sit with 5 or 6 accounts at the same time and then you can time down to very easily make it into the money. "Bots" the term is sometimes used to refer to many types of online cheating. Of course there are actual bots that are sitting all limits in cash and playing 10-12 shifts and they are better than the bots that first showed up years ago. The multi-tabling and collusion is the worst (IMO).

I know most people on this site are just dismissing this but I like to be informed. I am still playing on the site but I really table select and if I sit a cash table with accounts that I have a bad feeling about I leave and look for other tables and I definitely do not play 6-9 single table SnG's because there are guys playing in teams for sure. I built my bankroll playing $3 n $5 9 man SnG's . After the team play started I notified ACR with accounts screenshots of chip dumping and they never said anything except we are looking into it.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Just 1 other point he knows the CEO of ACR, personally. He has made videos for ACR, He asked Phil N. (CEO) to discuss all of this before he posted the videos. He began "talking about these issues months ago and ACR did not "do" anything. And they really have little reason to "do" anything. US players are not supposed to be playing...but ACR wants to grow and Phil N. promised everyone that he was going to do the most of any site to stop cheating, when in reality it appears he has turned a "blind" eye.

B

Brian11580

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I been so dry on ACR for about a yr if not longer...its been pretty dry run

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This did not provide one piece of evidence. Just going on a rant. Show proof if you make claims [emoji52]

K

koskesh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah seeing some hard evidence of these allegations would be nice to settle this once and for all.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clearly this raised awareness inside of ACR and sort of put ACR under pressure. There have been accounts banned because of those video's. So don't you think he's atleast right in some points? Yes i get it still, calling out big high stakes players without showing hard evidence can be wrong, but he did a right thing for poker. A bunch of cheaters are stopped. And perhaps more in the future as the investigation goes forward. If he called out some people wrongly this will be clear in the future and i bet he will appologize.

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clearly this raised awareness inside of ACR and sort of put ACR under pressure. There have been accounts banned because of those video's. So don't you think he's atleast right in some points? Yes i get it still, calling out big high stakes players without showing hard evidence can be wrong, but he did a right thing for poker. A bunch of cheaters are stopped. And perhaps more in the future as the investigation goes forward. If he called out some people wrongly this will be clear in the future and i bet he will appologize.

I agree 100%. ACR has announced some planned changes in another forum:
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=53475458&postcount=1

There is much more that ACR can and should do to proactively identify and prevent cheating, but even these steps show that these videos have had a positive effect.