ACR 10 dollar on demand freerolls-BOTS

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good thought-provoking points you made. I think the one I thought of that instantly came to mind was that if they didn't want to draw attention. I applaud Rogue Rivered for taking time to investigate this. I hope ACR takes this seriously & takes them off of the site. I further hope that when ACR's CEO does his Q/A segment that he shows what a bot looks like & how a bot reacts so that more people can look for/find them & root them out of our game.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Neither nor. I dont know for sure but is so hard to get to the final 10 in those ACR $10 free rolls, that I am ready to buy any theory. And they keep them running all day so is very strange. :angel:

They keep them running all day because that's their way of getting traffic onto their site, and it's worked. Also, its always hard to get to the final 10 in any tournament, no matter what the stakes. That's called tournament variance.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Neither nor. I dont know for sure but is so hard to get to the final 10 in those ACR $10 free rolls, that I am ready to buy any theory. And they keep them running all day so is very strange. :angel:

So you're "ready to buy any theory" because its difficult to place in the top10 of a freeroll? Do you place in the Top10 regularly in other tournaments that have large number of entrants?

OP, I have a solution for you. DEPOSIT some $'s onto the site & learn how to play some poker! It's a fun game and if you put the time into learing how to play, you might even win a few bucks while doing so. Its not an easy go though because all of the others on your tables are basically hoping to do something somewhat simliar (although people play for different reasons but am pretty sure that most prefer to win a bit over losing)

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No - because if someone had the skills to put bots in a poker game the likelihood they would have them sitting in a $10 sng is pretty close to zero. :)

All I'm asking is you watch one of those final tables for 10 minutes. And then check the sharkscope of these same players. You'll see. Why they do it, I have no idea. But why a human player would play 3000 of these things in less than a year, makes you wonder even more. That kind of volume with little to no reward is not normal.

I can't believe OP actually sat around watching and taking notes in these freerolls for hours, even days.

Believe me, it didn't take days or hours. All it took was watching one final table and checking the SharkScope. If you actually pay attention to what's happening with the interaction between the obviously human players and the obvious non-human players, taking into account their statistics from SharkScope, I guarantee you will see it in just a few minutes.

Where it's hard to notice is in the middle of the tournament, where most people get knocked out. Like you said, who actually sticks around and watches the final table?

Here's just one example for you: two players on the final table had exactly the same join date, exactly the same number of tournaments played (several thousand!), exactly the same stats as far as how they do in tournaments (early, middle, late, etc). And a lot of the other final tables players or final two tables, had almost the same percentages in their stats but joined on different dates. They played the exact same last 10 tournaments, including one 10 cent buy-in to go along with all the freerolls.

I'm telling you, just watch for a few minutes (ACR $10 freerolls). You will see very unnatural behavior. I wouldn't have believed it either, but I got curious after reading a few other threads on here about bots, which I laughed off at first, too.

So you're "ready to buy any theory" because its difficult to place in the top10 of a freeroll? Do you place in the Top10 regularly in other tournaments that have large number of entrants?

OP, I have a solution for you. DEPOSIT some $'s onto the site & learn how to play some poker! It's a fun game and if you put the time into learing how to play, you might even win a few bucks while doing so. Its not an easy go though because all of the others on your tables are basically hoping to do something somewhat simliar (although people play for different reasons but am pretty sure that most prefer to win a bit over losing)

Don't worry, I know how to play poker. I'm probably not that good, but I have studied a lot, read every book, and never had any problem beating the lower levels. I built bankrolls on every site I've ever played at from nothing. I accumulated a decent sized database on PS (200K hands) before BF. I just came back to poker last month and was hoping to build from nothing like last time. Actually, I'm building quite well on BOL so far, but ACR is really, really hard. And now I know why. I'm just anxious to get back into the cash games at ACR because they are starting to get PS-like volume and I like to multi-table. :)

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are hundreds of them on ACR. I just went through several tables and counted up 112 and there were a lot more tables to go. It's easy to tell because when you double-click on their name they never have a city or country listed. I just watched one table for 3 to 5 minutes where there were a few sitouts, and the rest were all fake players. It's so funny. They all folded to the SB, who sat and thought for several seconds, and then folded to someone in the BB who was sitting out! No way that's human. :p

Ivan Basic

Ivan Basic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are hundreds of them on ACR. I just went through several tables and counted up 112 and there were a lot more tables to go. It's easy to tell because when you double-click on their name they never have a city or country listed. I just watched one table for 3 to 5 minutes where there were a few sitouts, and the rest were all fake players. It's so funny. They all folded to the SB, who sat and thought for several seconds, and then folded to someone in the BB who was sitting out! No way that's human. :p

Hmm, is there an actuall proof there are bots playing poker??
This is not proof.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rogue,
I play on ACR and I want to personally thank you. Not sure why people are getting nasty??? I watched the same thing happen, SB thought for a while then folded to BB who was sitting out! I thought WTF???

Just to clear up the freeroll mystery. The freeroll tournament board leaders at ACR get satelite tickets to some major tournaments worth $$$. The top board leader gets a ticket for $220 to a 100k tournament on a weekly basis!!

Would you please throw up some names on this post of players you strongly suspect to be bots, Im playing on ACR all the time. thanks. dont see how that would hurt anything. have you tried chatting with any of them?

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I think I have enough proof to convince those that have an open mind. All you really need to do is watch some final tables for a few minutes, and it's pretty blatant.

I asked an admin if I was allowed to post names -- I'm waiting to hear back -- it was just a few hours ago. If I can't find someone to run the names through Sharkscope for me, I'll probably just subscribe myself. I'd like to make a spreadsheet showing the stats and opening some eyes! I haven't bothered to try to chat because I know no one is there, but I have heard stories from those that tried to no avail.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8 of 16 at the end of tournament number 4850973 going on right now are bots!

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
18 of the final 25 of tournament 4851217 are bots, too.

A

allamericanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought you were crazy until I started recording hands.
Back to back 6 hands a suspected bot went all in with hands such as 3/6, 2/7, etc...
I thought this could be a huge fluke only to pull aces. Flop comes A 4 J . Turn J, River...
You guessed it. Jack....
He flips J/rag. Within the first 20 hands this guy is nearly 20k deep.

Of course taking advantage of the early all in pushers has been a strategy for old guys like myself, but are the poker sites trying to eliminate skilled play at the low/micro/freeroll levels?
.....The poker sites do not have to eliminate skilled play at the low/freeroll levels as skilled players make up a very very small percentage of the player pool . I personally classify the majority of these as GDCs .

noodletheriver

noodletheriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone thinks I am crazy about a lot of things . confirmation bias is human nature

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think these bots are from the pokersite itself

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THIS is just depressing. I dont know If I will load there. Just play freerolls I guess. Theres no place like home..I mean pokerstars!

A

allamericanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw an article about Bovada and a cheating scandal recently, not sure if it was talked about on this forum. https://medium.com/@dataminepoker/r...nline-poker-in-danger-adf904952c41#.ktki8aua4

Also, some malware that affects Pokerstars and Fulltilt users, allowing a user to see their cards by taking screenshots. http://www.eset.com/int/about/press...rs-and-full-tilt-poker-users-odds-of-winning/

Not sure how true either of them are, and I am in USA so can't play on FTP or PS, but anywhere there is money to be made, con artists/scammers or whatever will try to get a piece of it somehow. I'd always assumed a sites security could weed it out, though.. at least on the more well known sites.

This is one reason we need some sort of regulation in the US. Hopefully ACR or BCP catches these bots, that OP is talking about, if it is true.
...... Cardschat seems to have pertinent information gathered by its users ,who are better than any reporters.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR Bots Invasion: Found in low buy-in GTD tournaments

For those asking why the bots play freerolls, a few of us have found the answer. Not only are there special prizes for winning the freeroll leaderboard, they also take their small winnings and enter low buy-in GTD tournaments on ACR.

Believe it or not, most of the players signed up for today's $100 GTD that starts at 7:15 PM Eastern time are bots.

They are also entered into the 25 cent buy-in OSS tournament at 8 pm Eastern.

They are NOT entered into the 50 cent buy-in that's playing right now. It's a Turbo tournament, and they seem to avoid those.

See for yourselves!

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, this is kind of nice. They have all entered the GTD tournaments a couple of hours in advance, so there it is! A nice long list of the culprits. Much easier to pick out now than having to spot them in the freerolls.

The admin didn't want me to publish their screen names, but now I don't have to! Just take a look at the registrants of the 10 cent and 25 cent GTD tournaments starting in about 2 hours on ACR. That's them!

SteaknEggz

SteaknEggz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are for sure bots in those acr freerolls...they take the same amount of time to take a turn every single time..pretty easy giveaway what human player take 6 seconds every single time they take a turn. even someone trying to do that would mess it up eventually

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MY table right now has three players who acct was created today!

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if you post this under the ACR thread, if the rep would look into it. They have to block these IP addresses or they can just create new accounts.
Yesterday I was at a table, where three players created their accounts that day, and two more that week. What are the odds.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, maybe I should do that, although I have received replies in this section of the forum from the ACR rep, but not in several days.

Here's another one going on: 3 of 5 final players are bots -- it's really easy for me to tell now.
https://gyazo.com/61f94ece70daf022eae734133e7f24fa

I feel like I have to be a crusader in this movement to get them taken down. I hope a lot more people are like you and join the cause.

Aceplayer55

Aceplayer55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your proof that they are bots?

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello buddy,

We will look into the accounts and take the proper actions if these players are indeed using Bots to play at our tables. If a player tried to use this kind of software in our tables, his account and all accounts associated with his will be closed automatically and immediately.

Regards

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys,

The fact that the accounts were recently created does not mean ANYTHING, the fact that the player has no information does not mean ANYTHING... The player who has not accessed the cashier will not have his/her address registered...

We are highly confident of our security system and we currently have a monitoring area that is constantly looking into all the tables and tournaments finding collusion or fraud. Also our security system is the most sophisticated in the online poker community.

However, there will always be players who want to take advantage and are always trying to cheat the system, this is not for only for the gaming industry but it happens all around the world.

If a player tried to use this kind of software in our tables, his account and all accounts associated with his will be closed automatically and immediately.

It is very simple, send an email to Security@AmericasCardroom.eu if you see any suspicious activity and we will be more than glad to review on it and take the proper actions if these players are indeed using Bots to play at our tables.

Thanks

Freeroll Passwords