A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good day Guys,

If you suspect of any bots, you can send an email to Security@AmericasCardroom.eu in order to remove them and block their access.
As we mentioned before players will always try to abuse of promotions and free money at any online site.

At Winning Poker Network we always try hard to mitigate promotion abuse as much as possible. Americas Card Room promotions will not be canceled due to players that are violating promotional terms & conditions, however, all players that engage in unfair play will be subject to investigation that could lead to being banned from all skins on the Winning Poker Network.

Regards

T

Terrell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Acr rep. Def need to stay on top of that!

P

Poker247

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would hope ACR (and any other decent sites) would immediately jump on any obvious bot play...it sounds like they did above. You can lose a lot of traffic (translate $) in a hurry if that went on for any length of time. A lot of regulars and recreational players like to play the freerolls for extra tables/fun and bots ruins it for everyone.

H

hkoch7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's moderately easy to get a return from these freerolls by entering in volumes. However, the return is usually not worth it. Still one of the best freeroll programs for US online players

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw an article about Bovada and a cheating scandal recently, not sure if it was talked about on this forum. https://medium.com/@dataminepoker/r...nline-poker-in-danger-adf904952c41#.ktki8aua4

Also, some malware that affects pokerstars and Fulltilt users, allowing a user to see their cards by taking screenshots. http://www.eset.com/int/about/press...rs-and-full-tilt-poker-users-odds-of-winning/

Not sure how true either of them are, and I am in USA so can't play on FTP or PS, but anywhere there is money to be made, con artists/scammers or whatever will try to get a piece of it somehow. I'd always assumed a sites security could weed it out, though.. at least on the more well known sites.

This is one reason we need some sort of regulation in the US. Hopefully ACR or BCP catches these bots, that OP is talking about, if it is true.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there are bots there's just a lot of really lucky flops and whatnot. I place in them every now and then solely because of the extreme amount of luck I just happened to earn

B

bengemen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi jrbobdobbs64 ,are these leaderboards for free? how can i take a part in them?

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi jrbobdobbs64 ,are these leaderboards for free? how can i take a part in them?

Yes the leaderboard for the On Demand Freerolls is free, place in the top 10 to earn points.

Jrbobdobbs64

Jrbobdobbs64

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was going to let this subject rest. But I just wanted to let ya'll know almost anyone I suspected was a bot or the ones I had tagged as house bots have not played at all during the 2 week stretch on PLO. Obviously they are not programmed to play PLO.
ACR Rep, I am not going to mince words anymore. ACR was running and continues to run bots in the on demand freerolls and lowstakes tourneys. I have their playstyle pegged now and spot them instantly. You can post here that you are looking into it(wink wink). BS-Don't look into what you are doing yourselves.
And BTW The random number generator at acr is so crooked its obvious. I am not the type to record and take hand historys but it is so tempting to do a study and blow the whistle on this.

noodletheriver

noodletheriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FTFY

Ya lets face it. There are TONS of people running their own bots on all low limit holdem games up to the .5./.10 NL and MTT games not just ACR but every online site. They never talk, they are entered in every one. They all play like NITs with nothing better to do. Ultra low vpips, Never speculate early to try to build a stack. Never sit out for a bathroom break or other little emergency. same old tired BOT routines being run by people. The real players go whacko sometimes in freerolls. Either we have been invaded by impoverished Vulcans or people are running their own bots.

NOTE: They do not run on stakes over 10NL or over .50 MTT or SNG and they do not run PLO or PLO8 at least that I have seen. This is not just an ACR problem as they are on every site and every site does nothing about them unless they are confronted with names. Every site could spot them if they wanted to to as it ony takes a few 1000 hands to notice that there is a player pool at the same stakes with the exact VPIP/PFR and aggression factors and about the the exact same win rate which should be about break even as these things are just there to win small amount and collect rake back. Online sites do not actively police these because they provide a steady rake at these limits and to get rid of them would mean spending money to make changes and then the bots would change with them ending in an expensive cat and mouse game that the sites would ultimately lose in. This is has been going on for years and years. Yes the the bots can be beat but often there are several of them at your table . They are NITs and exploitable but normally at these stake so are the new players learning poker so they play NITTY also and are not going to know how to play a different style and shouldn't until they have the fundamentals down. ACR is not the problem. The problem is a financial one . It would be nice for a poker site to take a stance on this this but it is not in their financial interest so for many reasons some which I stated so I do not see bots going away any time soon. I coach micro stakes off and on and I am always surprised that players with 35K plus hands do not know this.

TLDR; If you do not want to play a computer(BOT) then don't play below holdem at stakes below .5 BB or MTT below .50 buy in.

D

dontquit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am very happy to see the ACR rep taking this serious. I will be putting my $$ here. I have been complaining about the same on bovada. They do not have a rep on here and do not seem to care. I think that is a huge red flag about a site.

D

Darkelf53

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
about bots

Are bots a common problem ? Since reading several posts about them , I still struggle to see them . thx for the insight

Jrbobdobbs64

Jrbobdobbs64

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like noodle said they are easily exploitable. They are no problem for an observant player with a solid preflop game.

T

theevildub

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i see people on youtube advertising their poker bots. What a bunch of Donkeys.

How many times have you read about someone getting rich off poker using a BOT ?? Seriously ?? A Tesla with autopilot can turn left or right, but it cant slam on the brakes when a little kid runs into the street to get their ball.

i wouldnt even sweat the bots. Theyre just boring players. Consider it free money.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How many bots does it take to screw in a light bulb? How many freerolls does it take to buy a light bulb?

T

Teetah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have cashed several times in the 10$ demands

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hah! Got me curious now....LOL! I'm gonna play one of these freerolls just to see what the fuss is all about. I used to always make the leader board in them but have scaled up and stopped playing the freerolls! Now, I just want to catch me some bots...if they're there....which I doubt....but I am open minded enough to investigate it!

J

johnnygadget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you kidding me? You seriously doubt that bots are on these sites? Idk how someone could miss them. And they're not just in the freerolls either.

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played in a couple of these but really i lack motivation because its only a $10 tournament, and at best youd get $0.55 for the few spots in the top or a little more than that. As for making the leaderboard thats a huge time commitment for me, so im not playing in the $10 on demand freerolls.

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you kidding me? You seriously doubt that bots are on these sites? Idk how someone could miss them. And they're not just in the freerolls either.

Maybe I should have phrased that differently....I know there are bots out there but bots such as the one's described in this thread seem a little far fetched. I cannot see how a group of bots could get away with dominating the leader board of a freeroll competition, nor can I understand why they would want to risk the exposure. But, like I stated....it's got me curious enough to investigate it further. IMHO, Bots can't play tournament poker....

Here's a cool article: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/14/science/14poker.html?_r=0

Freeroll Passwords