B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
take a deep breath and play the next hand

The good thing when you play poker is that you don't have enough time to worry or express it, the next hand is coming. Lol

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, it's not your fault.
Are you also getting angry about earthquakes, hurricanes and fire-spewing volcanoes which all wreck our shit up? No? That's my advice to you: Treat bad luck like a natural phenomenon: Accept it and move on.

Very good advice. Thank you!

A

Azambeck

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As we say in Russia: "He who does not take risks, he does not drink champagne !!!":D

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you've played the game for a long time, such as I have, you come to accept it as part of the game.

Let's face it, over time, you do it to just as many as do it to you, though I'm sure it doesn't seems like it.

Most site consider a bad beat as being beat when you hold a hand of four eights, or higher. If that's not the case, it's technically not a bad beat, and if a prize is awarded for a bad beat, you wouldn't qualify. (I don't know of any sites, now that even do that.)

However, what I just said above, really doesn't matter, if you feel that you've lost a for sure winner, and put all your cash/chips into it. It's a really frustrating thing, but, like I said, it happens to everyone, and you do it to everyone.

I have a cardinal rule that I use that helps me avoid that situation. "Never go all-in against someone who has more chips than you." You won't win the hand, but you won't be out fo the game, either.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well i have been playing poker for many years and the worst thing you can do is get to a point where anger takes over if you reach this point it's time to take a break have a smoke a drink whatever calms you because you can not play poker mad trust me it won't work out good in the end!

The Riff_Raff :cool:

I totally agree and i have more than two month that I'm staying off, i will stay this way till june!

A

Acadien07

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not good playing angry !

I totally agree and i have more than two month that I'm staying off, i will stay this way till june!
This is suppose to be a game you should not play angry same thing as golf, hockey, soccer or else you will do bad move you could be frustrate but not angry LOL !:D

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is suppose to be a game you should not play angry same thing as golf, hockey, soccer or else you will do bad move you could be frustrate but not angry LOL !:D

No matter what you play, when you loose money, anger will be there waiting for you. Lol

P

pockerman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My God, so many tips, I even got confused in them. In my opinion, everything is simple, with time understanding will come. Understanding the game, understanding that, poker is a game where there are 2 main things. Win and lose. And no matter how you twist it, you will always feel negative emotions when you lose, regardless of whether you were 100% sure of victory or only 10%
In general, only time and experience will help you deal with anger after a loss in the future, and awareness. The fact that this happens regularly in poker, I mean losses with winning cards
But you can always sign up for an anger management course. That should help too.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

The best thing is stand up take a deep breath and a good beer and go for another game
Rgds

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys, can you give me some advice how to deal with anger and frustration after loosing a hand that you were 100% sure that you would've won?

If it is a stupid play on my part I have a punching bag close to my computer and I go punch and kick the hell out of it while cursing (sometimes I have to curse quietly because the kids are asleep...lol). Then I take some deep breaths and re-focus and go back to it and try to play better.

If it is something where they played badly and ended up winning, then I can laugh to myself and try to catch them again later.

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone above mentioned, never go all in against someone with more chips than you. So true.

J

Jonex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a special pillow for this kind of situation - I just drown my face on that pillow and shout out as loud as I can, all the swear words I can ever imagine :mad::mad::mad:

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It is a hard situation but if you would be an excellent pokerplayer you must handle this situation in a calm way. This sounds hard but it is also easy bad beats are includes in poker like fishes. In this situations you have a plus ev but sometimes the variance is hitting the wrong side. If your play after a badbeat is not different as bedore this bad hand you are in good shape.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Anger is a negative emotion. Learn from your mistakes, leave anger out of your considerations.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fortunately, I don't get angry after a bad beat, so I don't have to deal with that. I just say to myself that that's poker for you. That's what makes the game more interesting.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Sit out. Drink three beers, smoke two joints and come back renewed.

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In all lost hands, I always blame only one person! Not a random number generator, not the administration of this or that poker room, not an opponent! Always only myself and my inattention and thoughtless actions are to blame! That's the whole truth.

M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anger anger a bad beat

Bad beats happen and this morning I had 2 of them.

Getting mad about it only hurts your game and quite possibly your bankroll as for example if you get a bad beat in a poker tournament.

Players might drastically go away from there bankroll standards and as Mike Caro says you have to treat your poker and bankroll as a business.

If I'm effected by the bad beat or bad tournament result I will take a breather away from poker tournaments 1-3 days and if needed I will take longer.

It's just like any poker player.
They have good days there getting the cards and then there is bad days bad cards and can't catch a break.

Just remember lots of poker players deal with this roller coaster of events in poker tournaments and cash games.

Last edited:
Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Numb

If you play this game long enough you will become numb to the bad beat. I would get upset when I first started to play this game but after years and of course countless bad beats I have become numb to them all. Now I usually shake my head and laugh.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's very frustrating to take a bad turn in a tournament where you're focused 100% and you're playing right and with great care and deflection it seems that the game comes and takes you out of the game out of nowhere, and much more very bad I once even discussed it with my wife because of a tournament that I was almost reaching the final table and the prize pool was good and suddenly PokerStars takes me out of the tournament with a bad of AA to 88 I cursed more cursed this site and my wife went to ask I stopped yelling in the house and I ended up yelling at him, and then I stopped to think that it's not worth it that it's the game even if we're not just going to win and that the game is like that he gives you and then takes you away, so I'd rather he give it to me at the end than at the beginning of a tournament!

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very frustrating to lose a hand that at the beginning or in the middle of the hand you have won with a high percentage of getting everything, but as more cards are shown your chances of winning decrease until you lose everything, but well, life goes on and this it is poker where luck also influences a lot, other times you will be the person to whom poker smiles and you win with little odds. That a hand does not define the tournament you will have new hands where you can take advantage, good luck at the tables.

S

Schijtlijster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is my absolute weakness. Getting mad after losing a hand that I should have won. The thing for me to work on.