How to deal with anger after a bad beat?😡😡

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a short time out and accept that the luck component cannot be eliminated.

What also helps me personally is to keep in mind that you have already been lucky yourself and that it sometimes goes in one direction and sometimes in the other.

Throw some throwables on him and keep going ;)

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Guys, can you give me some advice how to deal with anger and frustration after loosing a hand that you were 100% sure that you would've won?

If I were going to get tilted every time I get a bad beat, I wouldn't play poker anymore, because I know it's going to happen all the time, no matter what kind of tournament you're playing.
A good example happened to me yesterday, at the Cardschat Freeroll tournament on Pokerstars, in the first hand I came out with AA in UTG, and I raised 2.2bb, only the bb called with K7, and on the flop it hit K39, I made a bet and villain called , on the turn it hit a 9, I made another raise and villain moved all-in and I called and guess what on the river villain's 7 and I fell out of the tournament. I turned off the PC and went to have a coffee and then I went to play with the dogs and the life that follows. Good luck to everyone at the tables.:)

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to be very hurt by bad bits. But then I realized that this is only part of the game. They happen to everyone. When you play a lot of tournaments, then at a certain point in the distance you begin to notice that everything in this game is repeated. You just start to feel better about it. If there are several bad beats in a row, and it doesn’t come out to calm down, I take a break or just stop playing.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yesterday I was in a tournament, was in the final 8, i was chip leader and the second got all in, had AK and called, he had AQ, the board opens two pairs of 7 and 6, we split, i was so mad i couldn't concentrate anymore, i keept thinking about how lucky he was and about all the chips I would've conquered if he had lost that hand, and then he won one, tow pots from me, a dead man getting my pots I was so mad. He ended getting me out of the tournament in 8, i was chip leader, well, probably i will take some days from poker, but will be back haha. I need help with tilt too, gonna read some tips from you guys :D

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've started to change how I talk to myself. When I got sucked out on I used to constantly say to myself "what an f'ing moron", regardless of if they did stupid things or not. What I try to do now is ask myself "could I imagine making the same choices?" If the answer is yes, it's hard to keep thinking "what a moron!". If it turns out that I think they actually are a moron, I do my best to make note of what brand of moron, so that I can exploit it in later hands.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What also helps me personally is to keep in mind that you have already been lucky yourself and that it sometimes goes in one direction and sometimes in the other.
That's the best advice, I think. You just have to go on!

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Well it's hard to advise you how to deal with your anger after a bad beat since we don't all have the same character and it's very hard not to get angry with a hand that you think is 100% won and you lose it. The only thing I can advise you is to be aware that this is going to happen many times and remember that no hand is won 100% until the last card is thrown. Greetings Don't let anything steal your inner peace

alison

alison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take a deep breath and avoid throwing too many hands to calm myself down.

NGHPB549492+8Ww060iCS2XdctZdI3GsECmb+HJoIX6x6EgDm+lURTH+YB7V9nAqE5WNme4YKuOiY6iMe6PaQxUUIuTbswgFVNJwA8sO3Bn6yR6bWZMSNtJwDtuWfHpQxaPx9C9zadil7jrCigbq6UXceNIVKTWUIqypm2ytJdTiNyNeXclF6GttOVfeDEc7qzjR23r3OMFqZKng1kw0mXGLrfibHTScOZWgGv9TdC6ROFeMTgwYiIxvJzMRWQbeGZUAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better to deal with a bad beat calmly, leave the game a little or if you are still playing playing less hands, because if you take a bad beat and go on tilt you can lose all your money in a short time

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Creo that anger depends a lot on whether you played the hand well or badly
If you played that hand well there is no reason to get angry, the bad beat is part of the game, and if you played that hand badly you have to take a deep breath and have a glass of something tasty and wait for a good hand, and if it happens again you break the pc and that's it hahahahaha

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Takes time, once a bad beat I need a cooling time period
Cash games dont bother me as much as I know that over time I will come out ahead than behind
But I have to expect to loss even with best odds like 80/20
Expect to lose AA sometimes

I think what gets me more is the tournament games when some yahoo who has a slightly more chips instead of folding marginal hand , takes a risk and calls and wins and takes me out of a tournament Its usually late in the tournament and cannot re buy

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BADMAN

I think I've told this to another comment elsewhere. It's clear that it's not mentally pleasing, but it's harder to accept in the final stages of tournaments. or of course in high-stakes cash games. I've had such bad beats including playing live poker in my city. I walked with a certain amount to myself in the evening, and in the morning I came home on foot.
no taxi or cigarette money I had, so bad went my game after that bad beat.
In conclusion, if you want to become a good poker player you must be able to control your emotions both for better or for worse.

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One tip to avoid emotional imbalance after a bad beat, you should not be tired. So avoid playing if you are tired or when too energitic :)

mircea_0

mircea_0

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
With a joint next to you, all the annoyances are gone!
Even the most important ones, such as bad beat! :eek::p:D:angel::icon_sant

Yum

Yum

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The most ideal thing is not to do it)) Ice on the forehead)

P

pontvadasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing is 100% certain. Everyone has a different way of relieving tension.
If I have the chance, I go for a long walk until I calm down. During the walk I think about what I did wrong, what I should have done differently. You learn the most from your mistakes.
I used to bang the keyboard, but that's more expensive and doesn't solve anything. :)

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Best advice would be to stop playing until your anger is gone, or you'll channel it into heavy gambling instead of a rational poker. Once you left the game, everyone deals with anger differently... drink, smoke, yell into a pillow :D

P

pariurisportive88

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes i hit my maus but he is strong and still working ,

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
With a joint next to you, all the annoyances are gone!
Even the most important ones, such as bad beat! :eek::p:D:angel::icon_sant
This advice doesn't do well for everybody ...
If I want to forget, or at least to "sugarcoat" an annoying memory, then alcohol is much better at this job then weed. It's also much cheaper.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It only remains to take a deep breath and continue, I see it as today it's my turn but tomorrow the villain's...