How to deal with anger after a bad beat?😡😡

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am very angry, I try to finish playing open tournaments and then close the poker room.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
bad beat or flip ??

It is not a spin and goes, they have to see the stacks to realize it.

bad beat or flip ?? Final table, 500 dls tournament, in my opinion it's a flip, but at the time I thought it was a bad beat, I really cried hahaha

Images

97.7 vs 2.3 before the river, I think I can cry calmly haha

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys, can you give me some advice how to deal with anger and frustration after loosing a hand that you were 100% sure that you would've won?
You merely continue to play :joyman:, because the bad beats is a hard reality :eek: of Poker, and they will to meet and in the future :deal:,
and for each player...:rolleyes: Or get a break on time :), that after this again to continue...:cool::joyman:

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jMm921VAGI

It is not a spin and goes, they have to see the stacks to realize it.

bad beat or flip ?? Final table, 500 dls tournament, in my opinion it's a flip, but at the time I thought it was a bad beat, I really cried hahaha

View attachment 295016

97.7 vs 2.3 before the river, I think I can cry calmly haha
Bad beat, flip and bad luck in one hand. Lol

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I wait for better cards. Patiently. And for better luck. If I play it with reason, it's O.K. no matter what happens.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Guys, can you give me some advice how to deal with anger and frustration after loosing a hand that you were 100% sure that you would've won?

The most important thing is that you don't try to get your money or chips back quickly. Take the time to regain your focus and calm, discover your mistake and learn from it, sometimes we have no other choice when our hand is stronger at the flop and then comes the turn and the river what we don't want

A

Afshin2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop playing with anger

My advice is that if you cant manage your behaviour and reaction after a bad beat you should stop playing because if you loose your mind you lose your money

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
you feel angry after playing poker, you need to fix it as it is probably unhealthy and will most likely cost you money. The easiest solution would be to just take a break if .

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think assuming that the person who put the bad beat on you *wants* you to get angry and off your game makes it easier not to.

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do not have control over your emotions and you do not know how to handle them, it is possible that poker is not your thing, I advise you that when you play, do it with the music that you like, that you play more for fun, while working on your game, because if not you PC will most likely fly out the window greetings.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I always are talking to my self, that it was just tournament, I will win next one :D But , losing at bad beat hurts. That is Poker, you win some and lose some.

L

lhmove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take a deep breath and think of the lucky hands you won before ...

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Wow this hurts a lot, but what do you do?
It's part of the game and when that happens I stop playing and only come back the next day.

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Overcoming yourself and moving forward, new games are to come, with the number of players on LINE sometimes making it impossible to win every tournament played...

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just get a snack or a drink and move on.

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 questions you need to ask yourself whenever this happens,

Was I playing within my allowed BRM parameters??

Could I played the hand any better given opp. ranges etc??

if you answered yes to both then why get upset? Think about it.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Familiarize yourself as much as you can, it is frustrating and even more so if it occurs after more than 2 hours of play. but that's how poker is. sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.
Cheers

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are angry like that I would just take a break as tilt will not help you.

J

johnadams1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Making some push-ups usually work for me. Or punching boxing bag.

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn off poker if you are playing online, try to quickly switch to something else, for example, to clean your apartment), in such cases I am looking for some good movie on the internet in order to empathize with its heroes there, and thereby stop worrying about poker unsuccessful hands.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even consider it to be poker anymore. I expect the hand with the lower odds to win especially if its from someone who doesn't have a clue what they are doing or is uber aggressive. All about the rake on these sites, just disguising generating more wealth for themselves with virtual cards. I don't think there is a bad beat when that's all you constantly see.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it happens to get angry over a hand, always know when to stop

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Basically I take it in stride. It happens so often, that i barelly give it more than a moment of anger. It is part of poker. You have to live with it and not let it affect your game.