D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you have a lot of bad beats then you are the better player
What I mean is that you are statistically odds favorite so you should be ahead most of the time
SO it should be reassuring that you put in the money on good
But I know it make me anger that get unlucky and still lose enough though we are the favorite
( cannot win 100% of the time is what I say to myself)

The other option is getting the money in bad as the under dog and try to get lucky by the river which might might you happy but chronic loser most times

L

Luvs2Flopnutz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Step One.
First, Google "Negativity Bias".
Read about and understand why it happens.

Step Two.
Now Google "Negativity Bias Poker".
Now read about that and understand why it happens.

Step Three.
Go and play some poker.
If you are still getting frustrated and upset, go back to Step One. Note, do not go to Step Four.

Step Four.
Enjoy your poker.

Note:- If you have got to Step Four and are still getting frustrated, best advice I can give is, go back to Step One and spend the next month trying to understand Negativity Bias. Until you do understand, you will always be upset when you lose a hand you thought you should have won.

I hope that helps. Good luck with your poker.
I have googled "how to control..." Enter anything anger and losing related. Nothing good. Breathe. Count to 10. Play easier games. Worst generic advice ever. Repeated over and over.

Negativity bias is the answer I was looking for.

Thank you.

D

delightme321

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Step One.
First, Google "Negativity Bias".
Read about and understand why it happens.

Step Two.
Now Google "Negativity Bias Poker".
Now read about that and understand why it happens.

Step Three.
Go and play some poker.
If you are still getting frustrated and upset, go back to Step One. Note, do not go to Step Four.

Step Four.
Enjoy your poker.

Note:- If you have got to Step Four and are still getting frustrated, best advice I can give is, go back to Step One and spend the next month trying to understand Negativity Bias. Until you do understand, you will always be upset when you lose a hand you thought you should have won.

I hope that helps. Good luck with your poker.
Ty...this was VERY helpful and enlightening.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You've just got to believe the bad beats even out and come back as your good fortune. I imagine all the big blinds I just unfairly lost going into a gold cauldron to rain down on me when it is filled to the rim ha ha!

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mostly play freerolls, and its just a part of online poker life.. Just poker life in general really. I make bad beats pretty much as I get burned lol

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Всем привет! Да, советов много, но что делать, если вы очень эмоциональный человек? Прочитал почти всю страницу, только из-за стола (3 турнира и все без призовых), допустил свои ошибки и карта была плохая (много мусорных рук) - но я зашел на страницу CC почитал и стало легче немного, сейчас медитирую и настраиваюсь на следующий день и следующие турниры. Надо снять стресс, но сломать что-то – не выход, а вот заняться спортом и рубить дрова гораздо эффективнее и полезнее.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I suffer a bad beat, I usually take a short break from the table and walk around to let off the steam and adrenaline. When I feel calmer, I will think about the actions in the hand and if it was really a bad beat or if I should have bet bigger to get them off the hand.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When you get a bad beat just go for an ice cream.

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Breathe deeply and count to ten before reacting. This will help you relieve the initial tension and avoid rash actions.:cool:

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
drink a sedative))) and treat defeat as an obligatory part of the game) it’s not always to win

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I'm trying to figure it out, maybe I get less angry now, I understand that it can happen at any time

Trismegisto

Trismegisto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No hand is 100% garanteed, learn that and you will be a better player

simon307

simon307

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Buy again in the tournament or start a new tournament. That's why I don't play cash.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
The advice is very simple, but effective. You just need to stop the game and take a break, at least for a few hours. A good option is to go for a walk, and I'm sure it will help you.

Tanamita

Tanamita

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
do not be sad, I am no longer angry because this works both against me and for

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
After a bad beat, it's better to do another thing you love and not think about bad things.

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
Bad beat goes both ways. Accept it or do not play.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
You will win in the long run,the player that won in your bat beat will loose in the long run.

T

tchinhakrlh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Pessoal, vocês podem me dar alguns conselhos sobre como lidar com a raiva e a frustração depois de perder uma mão que vocês tinham 100% de certeza de que ganhariam?
Take a few deep breaths and breathe out slowly, these things happen. Poker is a game of strategy, but it's also a game of luck.