How to deal with anger after a bad beat?😡😡

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Success at poker requires more than a positive attitude. Any hand that is not the absolute nuts is not 100% certain to win & if the player holding the absolute nuts isn't paying attention or doesn't realize what he is holding & is persuaded to fold by a bet prior to showdown he loses with an unbeatable hand.
Might try posting a hand or two here that you were 100% sure you weren't losing with. The answers should provide you with some food for thought.
By the way a very large number of so called of bad beats were in fact not bad beats but poorly played hands.

So true. Great point.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just remind yourself that poker is a marathon not a sprint. In the long run a bad beat shouldn't make a difference. Infact if it's a bad beat it means you got your money in +Ev, this is a call for celebration.

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not possible to predict the outcome of a hand with 100% certainty. This is poker, for which we love it, but sometimes it drives us to a rage. On my own, I notice that the more often you play, the calmer you feel about bad beat. If you have to take a break, it’s hard to endure such situations again.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can get rid of anger after a bad beat by watching your favorite comedy.

tihomalko

tihomalko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to get over the hand as soon as possible.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally if you are getting angry at losing to a 1/2/outer or more - you need to look at that more - variance is part of poker and bad beats being part of that.
Dealing with emotions can be tough, especially when they may be a lot on the line but that in itself needs for you to look at your reasons for playing, your skillset and also whether you need to develop new ways to cope with the negative downswings of poker.
There is no unique and univeral method here, if there was, we would all pay good money to buy that book or hire that person.

I could cite lots of different ways to combat this but i think its covered well in a previous cardschat feature - here is that link below:

https://www.cardschat.com/tips-poker-bad-beats.php

Good Luck my friend.

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should just cool your head off in the heat of the moment.You must not let the anger get the better of you.Its a lot easier said than done,but it feels so good after you know you have the discipline.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
calmly continue to play further) during the break, you can shout a little) the main thing is not to lose concentration

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's something that happens to all of us, and it's something the we all do to others.

I've come to accept bad beats, because I've come to realize that I do it, too. It still makes me kick myself, though, because obviously, I was wrong in my 100% winning estimation.

Many players actually do not know the real definition of a "bad beat"...I'm sure that if you asked 100 players what hand constitutes a "bad beat", you'd get 90 different answers/

The most common definition that I've read is, a "bad beat" is if you lose a hand, holding four eights, or better.

Still doesn't matter, though. If you think that you can't lose a hand, invest a lot into, and lose, that's a bad beat.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smash your pc against the window glass ,believe me once you are through paying for all the damages ,you will keep your cool when you encounter another bad beat :)

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is the difference between professionals and amateurs, everyone has BETBITS, but the way you PASS THEM and determines YOUR level at the moment - breathe fresh air for a minute, smile at yourself, think positively, you will give, and time will come and return with interest. , faith works miracles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the difference between professionals and amateurs, everyone has BETBITS, but the way you PASS THEM and determines YOUR level at the moment - breathe fresh air for a minute, smile at yourself, think positively, you will give, and time will come and return with interest. , faith works miracles

basically not even remotely true...

where is the dislike button??? just one Helmuth's - still polite - reaction, only for a pot overbet call and falling flushdraw for river. from 7:30, and from 8:50 the best part... and that was just a single hand, not a days, weeks long online series... (and there are 100s "professional"s similar, often much worse reactions are out there.) He was mostly upset because that pot overbet loss never will return - not even without interest -, as you get a call for that once from 1000...

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just forget about it, there are no victories without defeats:)

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What ever you do in life especially games that involves luck, expect the worse and hope for the best. When you able to play tons of hands you - you can say " GG, next Game.:icon_sant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should not play poker if you are tilted! :deal: When your feelings get involved its time for a break.:D Remember officials are eyeing :cool: in live tourneys. Having fun then :eek: jail , well not my cup of tea.:jd4:

Tilt is when you lose, giving away extra money, make unforced mistakes because you are in a bad beat series... it is not about tilt, i dont tilt, but i get angry, upset by insane bad beats like everybody else... and the question was how you deal with it...

if you don't know what called tilt exactly, probably you shouldnt play poker, not me...

officials?:):):) you mean the loser, dumb legal criminals owned by the corrupt govs, corps, bankers, billionaires... those whose operates the stealing from everybody, everyday, and giving to their owners, that they could wash it clean in tax paradises, or through charities, fundations...:confused::confused::confused: f*ck all of them, too, like pretty much all hordes, their members out there!!!!!!! (especially if it is about poker with their double illegal taxation! what is pure stealing nothing else - based on their rules, laws, not mine - in the name of "law") they are only androids, useful slaves for system owners in the mass-murderer prison world system.

You were born in a jail and you are going to die in a jail, like everybody else... does it really make difference what you do? nope. rules for us not for them... so you can break all their rules, as they do it all the time....

the jails what you are talking about not that bad places, 80% common sensed people (funny you mentioned, they release all the real dangerous criminals from there pretty fast - if they put them there at all -, like child abusers, rapers, murderers, psychopaths etc. noone seems to notice, noone seems to care...) whose know how the system works + free accomodation, food, so they can't ruin your daily life, torture you in the rat race in the "free" open worldwide jail... anyway, whatever i do, they can't put me there, as i got it how the "system" works...

sweet dreams!!!!!:D

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With anger you can do sit ups or push ups and go again with calm)

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well i have been playing poker for many years and the worst thing you can do is get to a point where anger takes over if you reach this point it's time to take a break have a smoke a drink whatever calms you because you can not play poker mad trust me it won't work out good in the end!

The Riff_Raff :cool:

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fortunately I never get angry. Not even when a guy with K3 went all in when the board was 883 and I had a third 8 and then he bought KK.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Guys, can you give me some advice how to deal with anger and frustration after loosing a hand that you were 100% sure that you would've won?
First of all, it's not your fault.
Are you also getting angry about earthquakes, hurricanes and fire-spewing volcanoes which all wreck our shit up? No? That's my advice to you: Treat bad luck like a natural phenomenon: Accept it and move on.