Is poker becoming more difficult?

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is about choosing which games you play. I've found it more difficult recently, but that's becuase I've chose to play in more difficult environments. I'm sure there are still easy games out there, for tiny profits.

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't know but it's seems to have changed. Wierdly, when I read about poker, the advice seems the same as it always was but the play seems different and I have noticed that suited connectors (of any size and from any position, it seems) seems to be even more popular than high cards! I see more allins and large raises from them than from Ax (high kickers such as Q etc) and they also seem to win more often too! I don't yet have the guts for allins or to play them unless late unraised, but I see many, many others doing it. A new trend?

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course, making money in poker becomes more difficult every year as many tools for learning the game have appeared and players are progressing, but you can still do it, the main thing is not to stand still and also improve your game + more practice

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really, poker is your game just play it. Same as always, get a read on your opponent and maximise weaknesses, providing they have any. Are old school, new age player adjust accordingly.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't believe it's getting any more difficult, what's happening is that there are many more players and some more audacious

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker has become more difficult to go deep in tourneys due to players that get lucky with average hands or bad hands. It is just more of a difficult endeavor due to these all-in type players.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you guys have the impression that poker is becoming harder and harder? The level of the pokerplayers is increasing every year...
I would start by saying that the peak of the poker game, when there were a lot of players in any poker room and new players appeared every day, has passed a long time ago. There are less and less weak players who came for easy money every day. Poker strategies that were profitable back in 2005 are no longer effective. More and more players are playing according to mathematically verified strategies that bring, although minimal, but profit at the expense of those who came - lost and left forever, because they are not able to compete with them. The answer to your question is YES, poker has become much more difficult, it has become much more difficult to win, at above-average limits for sure. It's a pity, but the time when you could win a lot of money with the help of playing poker with minimal effort is gone and will never return, precious time has been lost forever.

MrrrRock

MrrrRock

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah bots are changing the games

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally like to see the level of players increase. Sure we may run into more re-occurring "tough" moments but it also opens the door to more opportunities. So I guess it's a blessing and a curse depending on how you look at it.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that over the years players become more skillfull and difficult to play against.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes definitely . players are getting better and are harder to beat than 10 years ago for example . this is just natural . since there is more and more information around and you can learn from old pros and players today are more aware of "mistakes" etc.

the best thing one can do is to always try to improve ones game further and further and learn from mistakes

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont find it has changed but the most difficult part is finding the time to play

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Information about poker in the public domain.
Who wants to learn how to play, he will learn

M

muleyy999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no such opinion. The fact that there are probably more players is possible, but I disagree about the quality of the players. Perhaps your comment is more appropriate for high stakes games.This is my opinion.
I think the pros are evolving though and they have to keep in mind what the trends are--but sure you still run into fish!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
poker has become harder to play due to the increasing aggressiveness of players, players who are impatient and more who want to win immediately

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In recent years, poker has become more difficult, there is a lot of poker material on the Internet, anyone can learn to play at a more or less acceptable level.

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For sure it has. Live play is still soft and very profitable. Online has become more difficult cuz of strategies and always feels like more bad beats happen, but considering the # of hands played vs live, it kinda works out but still feels like bad beats are the regular

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah it has gotten harder, but with the right practice you can make up for it.

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the level of poker is always the same, what has changed is the level of the players who are more and more rotten, those who do allin with trash even in tournaments at 5 dollars, the rotten level of the logarithm of the sites which is more and more abnormal, when you play correctly in position with a very good hand like AKs and you are called by a fish with 93o and it hits 993, it's rotten, and whatever you do you will always lose with a good hand, whereas before, we often won with AK for example,

I am hearing a lot of bad beats here :) ....Im sorry to say but if AK suited would be 100% winning hand,.... then what's the point of playing poker ? If fish can't win...how can we win ?
I like loosing with a powerful hand especially at the beginning of a tourney..... it gives me more probability when I really need it....
Just play !

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In recent years, poker has become more difficult, there is a lot of poker material on the Internet, anyone can learn to play at a more or less acceptable level.
I agree with you, when I learned about online poker 5 years ago there was not so much educational material, so now anyone who works on the game can become a successful player without leaving home.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes it has become more difficult its a lot harder to exploit people than it used to be 10 years ago

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Poker is not getting more difficult, but there are too many new players and too many fishs. In tournament you mignt loose because of that.
Good luck

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Yes it become much harder but you can be a good player after a lot of practice.

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is becoming more difficult due to the number of players and therefore the increase in variance:D

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Whether poker will become more difficult or not is not yet clear, but the fact that it will change - this can be stated unequivocally. The main thing is that officials do not interfere in the development of online poker, if they do not "poke their sticks in the wheels", then everything will be fine.