Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think yes

It's like chess, now we have more advanced programs to analyse, more training sites, a lot of HUD's that helps a lot, but to me the game loses a bit of it's soul.

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Res

who thinks pokerstar freeroll games are similar to bingo because they have re-entry. and who thinks that re-entry should be after an hour of tournament. how to open a flop/ with al-in in every hand.

C

CrushAce8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. I think that almost universal access to poker related information and playing itself makes fairing/winning in poker more difficult nowadays as more and more players are around.

The poker itself hasn’t changed: same rules, same cards, same hands

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd like to hear thoughts of people who is constant live poker player. Many commenting here are online players either from freerolls or micro stakes. Players of this sector can't decide it really. I've watched famous TV cash games/tournaments from early 2000s, and still following today's games. It's a bit different but not much imo, poker is not same as other games or sports. Theory and stuffs, yeah there'll be new strategies so on.. but whatever you do to improve the game, unfortunately it won't effect enough as in the other game fields. There's one specific thing will be the same as before - it's luck factor.

It's difficult or not, I can't be sure. People think it was easier back then, but how? For whom? It's natural that many regular player already understands the basic terms of game like positional plays, hand ranges or betting patterns. That might be only plus and difficulity this new generation has in poker.

Last edited:
tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Nowadays poker has notably increased the number of players but much more online and it has become more difficult because today there are tools that help you perfect your game and for free that were not seen so easily before, apart from that online there are too many recreational players who play it in the comfort of their home and also because of the freerolls that are found in the different sites that exist. In live poker, the number of players has also increased, but with a smaller number compared to the increase online and live, players have expanded the range of cards with which they play much more compared to the range with which they played many years ago and also having all the facilities to study probabilities and techniques to identify what type of player you are facing makes things a little more difficult. Remember that the odds are true and the more players there are the lower the odds but for good players it increases a little but many times the variance betrays us. Greetings.....

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't think that the game itself is getting harder, I think the level of competition is getting better. Before, the size of the competition pool was moderate and you knew all the big names, now poker is on a global scale and the competition has increased.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In stars poker definitely becomes more and more difficult due to the increasing number of players and constantly changing rules.

P

Pessoa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so, the rules never changed. Players come and go learning the game. I think it's still the same.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think poker is the same
What changed is the players, now there are many more players and there are many more tools that help in the game
So you find good players everywhere and in greater quantity

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
overall i dont think the difficulty has changed, maybe players attituge has

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's because the players are getting better

L

Luisma231

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

Poker does not change but there are more and more people who play a different poker for having money hehe

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think because of saturation, poker is becoming more and more popular so sometimes I see plays and players doing some stuff incoherent with what we usually know, there is its cons and pros but you feel uncomfortable sometimes...

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I DO NOT THINK that she is a shark and there is a shark in the sea --- just a lot of fish and the water has become cloudy,,, if you follow the tactics, the water will calm down and become transparent and there will be less fish

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes my friend , but some days, despite our attention and our poker strategies, we don't get good or strong hands to stay in the game, and we can't even reach the winning seats.

yes for sure, some days we get some strong hands and yet seems the table doesn`t fit the hand.
When we talk about "poker" getting harder, it's important to define what type of poker we're talking about. Recreational players like me don't have the time or resources to play thousands of tournaments and shave off our portion of the slim margins. My game relies mostly on getting reasonable hands and reasonable draws at least a few times an hour, and then actually winning some of those. When that doesn't happen I may as well not be there. These days most folks at the micro levels seem to all play the same way. So it becomes a race to see who can get a good hand every once in while. That's when "skill", or how you play that good hand, becomes an advantage.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Big Game

I dont see any diference

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not more difficult

Poker is not more difficult, winning is. Smarter players, bingo players and poor players have flooded the poker rooms. Odds are stacked against me.

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah every few years gamestule change

emejota23

emejota23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, that it doesn't happen, there are a lot more tools, and more information, and more videos, and a lot more information, and programs, which allows us to improve the game much more :D

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that doesn't happen, there are many more tools, and more information, and more videos, and much more information, and programs, which allows us to improve the game much more. :D[/APPOINTMENT]

I totally agree with you, there is a lot of information and what happens is that every day it is easier to learn and have a higher level of poker... so the tournaments are more even... there are fewer crazy people and fish :cool:

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say yes. There are many reasons but i will give just one simple: i remember back 2010 i played in party poker and there were freerolls every 3 hours. Now iam happy if i can enter 2 freerolls a week. And this only if you are member in some poker forum. What i want to say is that people get more access to strategy and many information so they get more carefull.
All the fishes we are searching for you can still find but the big companys know how to keep them away from good players. For example ggpoker does massive marketing and still doesnt have S&Gs. They mostly let this fishes gamble in short "flip & goes" and other similar stuff.
But as i said, there are alot of reasons and i just added some. Hope it was helpfull.

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well naturally after playing so many times and seeing that you don't generate many profits you will think that the game is extremely difficult but on the contrary the more experience you have in the game, the more prepared you will be against the opponents but also think about this you will not only progress but that others will do the same and will have good chances to win, just enjoy the game and the rewards will come when you least expect it.

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I think poker is more difficult, poker is just having a big increase in the number of players, this makes the probability of winning decrease, but this is relative, I believe that for a player to have consistency in winnings, the same you will need a lot of knowledge and dedication to the game, knowing how to control your emotions is the key to constancy.

In addition, to acquire good profits, the player needs to know how to control his own bankroll and discover his own style of play, cash or mtt..

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone willing to study poker can obtain many quality learning materials quite easily, and some players are putting lots of efforts into it,I think that's reason why poker is becoming more and more difficult.