Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Do you guys have the impression that poker is becoming harder and harder? The level of the pokerplayers is increasing every year...

I think that the level of poker has not and will not change, but the level of the players and the value of the buy-in that make the game of poker more difficult.

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the level of poker has not and will not change, but the level of the players and the value of the buy-in that make the game of poker more difficult.
I totally agree with you guys as it's getting more difficult as we as more interesting and gives us opertunity to learn more deeply about poker.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
It is definitely different, but honestly in my experience the difficulties are kind of the same at the end of the day. At least for me.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you guys have the impression that poker is becoming harder and harder? The level of the pokerplayers is increasing every year...

Poker is evolving because every day new players are being formed with new techniques, it is incredible to imagine that this would be constant, but as everything is improving all the time, the difficult mode does not mean impossible, it just means that you have to put your heart into it.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Is poker getting harder? Yes it is. Players are learning the game more and to be fair poker is a evolving game. If you dont keep up with the changes you will be left behind.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, I totally agree, it has gotten alot harder in the past few years.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I totally agree with you guys as it's getting more difficult as we as more interesting and gives us opertunity to learn more deeply about poker.

Yes my friend , but some days, despite our attention and our poker strategies, we don't get good or strong hands to stay in the game, and we can't even reach the winning seats.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes my friend , but some days, despite our attention and our poker strategies, we don't get good or strong hands to stay in the game, and we can't even reach the winning seats.

yes for sure, some days we get some strong hands and yet seems the table doesn`t fit the hand.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I think this is partly true. Poker itself has become much more aggressive and faster.:jd4::):jd4:

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now poker has become more aggressive and dispersive. More loose players, more bluffs, more faith in draw combinations.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't think it's the game, that is getting harder, just the players are getting better, even Doyle Brunson admits that he has a hard time, sometimes to play against some younger Internet players, because the style of play is forever changing.
Many top Pro's now stay away from Holdem and prefer other variations like Short Deck and Omaha, luckily on-line you are able to try out new variations by using Fun chips to practice, before you start investing real cash, and I would recommend anyone wanting to try new variant's of Poker to practice this way first.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is getting harder every year for those who play high limits, as the competition there is constantly growing. For micro stakes players, nothing changes.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I am convinced, because online poker is becoming more difficult, I think the cause is that it is starting to be known and liked by many participants, of course it is known that beginners play all the cards almost what makes you think more before paying large pairs.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it becomes, just because lots of player become to play well. Right now i think you can find lots of information about how to play it well in the web. I think sometimes you even don,t need to pay something for it, it,s all free.
You just need to learn this videos. I know some people of old school still prefer poker books.
Anyway i remember many years ago there were lots of free no deposit bonuses and it was so easy to take money for free from the rooms.
Righ now lots of players, offers are not so good as it was something like 5-7 years ago. Right now as it looks like you need to deposit your own money.
For sure it,s still possible to make money playing poker, but right now lots of people can earn money from this.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, we can say that the level of poker players has increased. And it is not surprising that there are many coaches, a lot of special literature in the public domain, a lot of poker streamers. And already the basic knowledge of the main gaming audience is much higher than 7 years ago, or even 2 years.

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi bro! yes, these feelings are constantly there. Sometimes at the table I think that I got a pro-and he's just a fool who is lucky and I get pleasure when I punish a lucky player. Yes, poker becomes more difficult and more interesting. The brain is constantly training and becoming smarter.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes because I see some players that think good on the tables but not a lot of them there are still beatable games out there. You just have to game select.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
That's just evolution. Poker players are getting smart and smart. That is why the level increases on these platforms.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Small limits are easier to beat. The higher you get the more difficult to make a score.

M

muleyy999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I am convinced, because online poker is becoming more difficult, I think the cause is that it is starting to be known and liked by many participants, of course it is known that beginners play all the cards almost what makes you think more before paying large pairs.
I would say it is more difficult than 10 years ago and maybe everyday getting more difficult and I wonder if it is the tracking software people use that keeps it evolving --of course I am older and many new young players come in to beat me in long tourneys I suppose

V

vivili171

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not finding it more diddicult,but more professional ,many players are studying in groups or joining teams and with that they have an advantage over us who are recreational the team personnel have to study a lot before hand and make revisions and there are people just to correct mistakes

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't find it difficult it is just evolving, there are way more people playing then 10 to 15 years. The younger generation are studying and reading, more books or even online has so much information to study. Also have the tracking software ,that alot of people use to help improve their games. Younger generation is starting to dominate poker, with all studying they are just going to keep on excelling.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
- As the playerbase gets wider and wider, statistically there are more good players.
- Since everyone can access online learning materials, anyone can improve their game.
- There are lots of assisting software available.

These reasons can make poker success harder over time.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it is becoming more difficult. There are still many unexperienced players around, especially in the evening and on the weekend.