Is poker becoming more difficult?

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no such opinion. The fact that there are probably more players is possible, but I disagree about the quality of the players. Perhaps your comment is more appropriate for high stakes games.This is my opinion.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that poker is changing. So to speak - the evolution of poker.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I can't confirm that poker has gotten better among players and I don't understand what your question is based on.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is dying
bots, programs
don't see poker as work

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you guys have the impression that poker is becoming harder and harder? The level of the pokerplayers is increasing every year...

In part, I also agree with you. But apparently in general it is quite a subjective assessment, because on different sites and in different tournaments, players are completely different.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The interesting thing about poker is that, in the long run, it levels the players. What can lead an amateur to beat a professional. Want a more interesting democracy than this one? Poker is highly democratic, which allows everyone to succeed and become true champions, but as long as they study and prepare for achievements.

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are more players everyday. I’m discovering more discussions on the topic of ranges. Even Negreanu is doing videos about poker play in the past vs today.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it's gotten tougher over the years. Especially at higher stakes. Micros are still pretty soft though.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the popularity of poker is growing dynamically, and therefore the level of play of players is growing. I think all we can do in this case is improve our own game and our skills.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

if the complexity of the game is even greater with the game mechanisms that have been invented with probabilities and percentages, training courses and videos ... it makes poker even more interesting !!

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the level of poker is always the same, what has changed is the level of the players who are more and more rotten, those who do allin with trash even in tournaments at 5 dollars, the rotten level of the logarithm of the sites which is more and more abnormal, when you play correctly in position with a very good hand like AKs and you are called by a fish with 93o and it hits 993, it's rotten, and whatever you do you will always lose with a good hand, whereas before, we often won with AK for example,

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'd tend to agree with that assumption.

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's just evolution.The poker players are getting smart and smart.The level is increasing automatically.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The evolution of the game can be seen and this is due a lot to the help programs, what will happen next?

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the average level of the poker players has increased because this game has becomed very popular.
So now you can find recent players ( or beginners) trying to improve their skills by learning and I think it’s something good for poker.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that the majority of players (80-90%) play at their level and continue to complain that their AA-KK lost again against Q10 or J9 and at the same time continue to play without making any analysis of their game and no conclusions)))

MarlonCanada

MarlonCanada

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the level of poker is always the same, what has changed is the level of the players who are more and more rotten, those who do allin with trash even in tournaments at 5 dollars, the rotten level of the logarithm of the sites which is more and more abnormal, when you play correctly in position with a very good hand like AKs and you are called by a fish with 93o and it hits 993, it's rotten, and whatever you do you will always lose with a good hand, whereas before, we often won with AK for example,

Seems to be some truth to this at pokerstars at least. Just started at 888Poker and will see if it is different.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure lots of players right now can play really good. There are lots of free information about poker and how to improve your game, you just need to google it and i think you can find lots of information for free at all.
Of course sometimes some people offer you to buy something from them. Maybe this information can be usefull, but i don,t know to be honest, because usually they are asking to pay for it.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think so, I think it's getting easier as advertisements increase and more amateurs enter the market.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think so, I think it's getting easier as advertisements increase and more amateurs enter the market.
Ha ha ha , I'm sorry but how on earth can you believe that it's getting easier. That has Made me laugh [emoji1787]

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is a growing popularity
and the players every day seek to learn and grow.
that leads to a better level.

E

etouu1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although everything is in continuous change and growth, I understand that there are a greater number of players every day but I do not see that it is becoming more difficult although it may happen over time

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think yes. When I started playing poker, they played much worse. In 2012, $ 7 sng played like now 0.25

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The game of poker may been getting harder because there are so many new players coming on board that just play haphazardly. When I started I di a number of those courses offered by Poker School on the PokerStars site. They told you things like when to bid and what card combinations were good or bad for starters. However, no matter how hard you try to follow those guidelines there always those bimbos who fly by the seat of their pants. You play with AA or KK as starters and they go with 3 n 8 off or 2 n 7 off etc. They keep hanging around no matter how aggressively you bet. Then by the time the river comes they hook 2 pair or better and you are still sitting with your starters. So much for poker strategy !!!!!!!!!!