Is poker becoming more difficult?

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are just many player that play as others as everyone learns by the same influencers and Pros

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
it's getting harder cause:
- there are lots of online ways to learn poker and perfect your game
- there is a much wider base of new players since poker went online. From a wider base more players will rise to be good players

In the same time, since there are so many online poker beginners, you can easily find tables for your level and grind some money.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Do you guys have the impression that poker is becoming harder and harder? The level of the pokerplayers is increasing every year...
No just players study more their playing.Less fish

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that poker is changing. So to speak - the evolution of poker.
This is because there are more and more complex programs that calculate the game, which is why game strategies have changed so much over the past 15 years. And also there was a lot of teaching material.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Do you guys have the impression that poker is becoming harder and harder? The level of the pokerplayers is increasing every year...
For sure. Players are studying the game and using solvers and charts. Negraunu , one of the best players in the world, whor studies and keeps up with the game, just lost over a million playing in over 45 events with no real good results.

Alex Okhr

Alex Okhr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think yes. Every year we have incoming so many new player, but in same time older players have already learned the game - we all learning and as a result we recive more high experiences player in game. As for me it was muck easier to play like 10 years ago when i start to play poker!

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it's the natural evolution of the game, the more popular it becomes, the more well-prepared people there will be to play.

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's getting harder. I've been playing poker for a long time, and as I've noticed, poker used to be more formulaic. That is, people tried to stick to certain patterns. And then there's a lot of new players coming in, a lot more loose and passive types, whose logic is impossible to understand at all. So it's definitely harder to play poker now.