willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not

It is not difficult to start in poker, my advice is that you learn to value the hands and play a lot of real money hands and start playing for real money at low value tables:)

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you guys have the impression that poker is becoming harder and harder? The level of the pokerplayers is increasing every year...

I absolutely agree with you, but this is normal and natural and inevitable)

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I think due to the game's greater popularity and access to study materials, this has caused more players to show up.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think it's more difficult. However, it is more diffused, people are playing more poker, with that, they study more and learn more about the game, soon they become better players, making it difficult for all those who play consequently.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These days there is much more good materials freely available in internet so that everybody who has the will can improve their game. Also with the online poker becoming more and more popular players play much more hands per hour which also helps to become better player quicker. Generally this leads to bigger amount of good players hence more difficult game. This is especially true for the high stakes games where if you compare pre black friday game with current one at similar stakes the evolution of the game is clearly visible.

P

plusssev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably it is till we won't back all american players.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, maybe poker has changed over the years, I can say with confidence that I am definitely changing for the better, more understanding of the game, more success, more victories.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, it does. The number of players has hugely increased. That makes the smart games encounters more times against luck.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with you. I notice that there has been an increase in poker players and that they are studying new techniques to win the game. lately what I lack most is patience.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree. But there are still enough fools. There is no time to be bored.:)

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say yes. Nowadays there are so many pros streaming, so many online courses and information in general.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The further into the forest, the less firewood.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Many ways to study and evolve, soon more and more people are learning

DiamondDixie

DiamondDixie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you guys have the impression that poker is becoming harder and harder? The level of the pokerplayers is increasing every year...

I just got back from the WPT at Choctaw and most of the play was pretty awful. People seem to be pretty rusty since Covid. I don't play online as much as I used to but from what I see there online play has become hyper-aggressive but not necessarily better.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
poker players are getting bigger and bigger after the pandemic because of this it is getting harder

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker players are getting bigger and bigger after the pandemic because of this it is getting harder
It was getting harder way before pandemic. Its getting harder all the time. Franckly pandemic might have done even opposite effect bringing more players and making overall the field weaker.

Poker getting tougher cause of all the education materials, streamers solvers and stuff.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I only partially agree. The level of poker players is growing, but we are not standing still either. In addition, new players appear every day, which actually offsets the growing level of others. Obviously, everything is relative.
Good luck.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, so many players now and the new young players are very
aggressive.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that poker is becoming more difficult because people have more information about training, there are more poker streamers that help people sort out some moments in poker, there are more forums like CardsChat where people find the right information for themselves! In general, people began to progress faster and therefore it becomes more difficult to compete with them! You just need to work more on the game and make the right decisions that will bear fruit at a distance! I wish you strong nerves and good luck at the tables!

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more I know, the more I realize that I know nothing.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
it really became very difficult to play. any fight can lead to unpredictable consequences.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The level of poker players is depending from the level of each player. Each player is starting from amateur level and is evolving, and is evolving easier, because every player has more tools to help him. The level of the poker players generally today is higher because of this plethora of tools!

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is evolving there is a new breed of shark and the old habits of years ago about how to play poker are in the past, there are new types and styles of players that are more risky and expand their range of hands at the moment to play, now talking about online poker there are many help programs that are being used in the game and that makes those who do not use it at a disadvantage, some platforms do not accept it but they are very few, even in the large rooms of the game. online poker players continue to use such materials or aid programs to play.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that Hold Em' is a different game because of the popularity and more people playing. I don't believe it has become more difficult. I prefer the other poker games, because strategy and skill seem to play into the games more -- it isn't a game of showdown like so many Hold Em' games can be.