Loans For Poker

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually lend it to some people, they've always returned me to this day. I like to help how much I have. By the way, I need it until I make a deposit. Can I borrow it? Hehehe...

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually lend it to some people, they've always returned me to this day. I like to help how much I have. By the way, I need it until I make a deposit. Can I borrow it? Hehehe...

Regarding the loan in the post above is a joke, I want to make it very clear that so that there are no disagreements. Big hug everyone and meet at the poker tables.

P

panaloto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always lend money to other players when they need to,I to be very attentive when they call me to this end, or they send me messages, I like to help,but in many cases after receiving the money, they forget that it was only a loan
I consider helping, but I have many friends who ask me for help, I'm sure that those I have helped will return my money, I usually say that it's a chain, if I break a link in this chain, the flow will stop,Many tell me that money should not be lent when it will be used in games
Once, I had friends in my house, and we started playing poker, so one of them was out of money at the moment, but would like to participate, so i borrowed.
This friend ended up winning of everyone, including me, after this day I learned a lesson, we should not put another opponent on the table, when he will play with our own money
What do you think about these facts?

I usually have a book of notes
with these priorities

-he returned quickly
-took a while to return
-forgot and did not retur

after these notes follow these

- I can lend again, values up to 30us
- lend lower values up to 5us
- not allowed to loan to this player

the notes are Green, Blue and Red

Maybe I'm crazy, but it's a form of protection.:):):)

Hahaha. This post made my day!

Thank you.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when it comes to gambling i think you should not give money . you can give money for food or hospital but not gambling

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Do not make loans to strangers even if you think he or she is a friend ... avoid online loans

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never borrow and i lend only to people who are my good friends and i know them very well.

M

Movi84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think u should never borrow money for playing games, it makes you not to feel the actual problems u might get in if u dont lose your actual money and u think that you will always find a way to escape the actual situation. I think you need to estabilish a budget u cand spend like on any other hobby.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I will never borrow money for the purpose of gambling in any game of chance, I look at it this way, If I borrowed £50 to play in a cash game, and lost the lot, then in reality I am £100 down because I have to find another £50 to repay my loan.
This simply does not make sense to me and before you know it you are already on a slippery slope.
Also I would never lend money to another player sat at the same table as me as I am giving him the chance of taking more money off me in the game.

When the Fun Stop's, STOP!

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the environment of any person there are always people who ask for money on credit.
If you give a person money, you are doing him a disservice.:) He will not have an incentive to win himself, he will know that if he loses, he will turn to you and you will give.
Even Shakespeare wrote "Do not lend and do not borrow, you risk losing both your debt and your friend." This is the principle I adhere to. True, this principle does not apply to close friends.

Vampduk

Vampduk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Giving a loan for poker or any gambling is a bad idea. You should always try to follow "gamble only what you can afford to lose," if you need to borrow it, you can't afford it. Potentially borrowing more than you can afford is the onset of a problem.

Gifting an entry is different, I guess, you are giving a chance to play a level the person otherwise isn't playing at, but if someone needs £350, then £350 is probably an amount they shouldn't be losing, it obviously is a more significant amount to them than you. No wonder if they struggle to pay it back.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is an expression: the more you give ,the more you get...Can I borrow it?(joke)

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
First of all <3
Asking people for money may be prohibited here Damian, You may wanna check that before you proceed.
Now the original question, should you get a loan for poker...hell NO!
If you do not have it, it is not a game for you to play. Period <3 that is not something you want to mess with. You lose your loan, how do you pay it back? How much interested did that loan cost? Put money aside, do it the longer way <3

G

goozfrahbah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't lend anyone money for poker unless it was a close friend/poker buddy of mine and i knew for sure they were good for it

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Loaning $'s to Someone For Gambling?

Generally speaking not a good idea...

I have done so many times in the past and have some good stories and some bad stories, luckily not that huge... but hundreds of dollars, nonetheless...

Let's be positive, I will focus on a couple good stories:

1. Loaned a buddy (who had an excellent credit rating with me) $100 at the racetrack. I incorrectly assumed this would last him the rest of the evening, and I would buy the beers for the rest of the night.) He immediately ran to the window and bet the $100 on a random 8-1 horse at a random track. By some miracle, the 8-1 shot won, and 10 minutes later I had my $100 back plus $100 interest and he bought beers the rest of the night!
  2. An acquaintance of mine (no credit rating with me) was getting heavily harassed at the track by a Multimillionaire Guy for $100 that he had not paid back as promised from a week earlier. I got so tired of listening to this abuse, that I paid the guy the $100 and told him to leave the guy alone. A few weeks later, the guy that I had paid the debt for comes up and taps me on the shoulder, says "5 min to post, the 4 horse is 10-1 and cannot lose, here is your hundred, go put it on him to win!". Being happy to get paid back, but skeptical of the "tip", I put $20 on the horse and it won easy.
Best of Luck at the Tables (and track if you dare),

CheezeWiz

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The house always win, not a good idea to take out a loan, call gamblers anonymous.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always lend money to other players when they need to,I to be very attentive when they call me to this end, or they send me messages, I like to help,but in many cases after receiving the money, they forget that it was only a loan
I consider helping, but I have many friends who ask me for help, I'm sure that those I have helped will return my money, I usually say that it's a chain, if I break a link in this chain, the flow will stop,Many tell me that money should not be lent when it will be used in games
Once, I had friends in my house, and we started playing poker, so one of them was out of money at the moment, but would like to participate, so i borrowed.
This friend ended up winning of everyone, including me, after this day I learned a lesson, we should not put another opponent on the table, when he will play with our own money
What do you think about these facts?

I usually have a book of notes
with these priorities

-he returned quickly
-took a while to return
-forgot and did not retur

after these notes follow these

- I can lend again, values up to 30us
- lend lower values up to 5us
- not allowed to loan to this player

the notes are Green, Blue and Red

Maybe I'm crazy, but it's a form of protection.:):):)

This is personal. If you can borrow. If you like it, then what's the problem? Do they give everything on time? If not, you won't borrow any more. The person who won did it honestly I don't understand what the problem is - it was his good day.

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I don't think you should ever lend money to a gambler, or lend money to gamble.
If you can't afford to play, don't play.

In the end, money will always destroy friendships.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loaning money for gambling

Loaning money for gambling is ridiculous, that is like the loan shark in the military. One hundred for two hundred end of month and the same troops every month standing in line to pay back the shark. This is the same with gambling, I have a budget and I have never gone a stray with this and will never loan someone money for gambling it could be some ones meals next week for a school lunch. When it comes too money do not trust anyone because the wolf will take everything you have. Capo1014

O

over_big

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only loan money you are willing to never see again.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned my lesson, spent more time chasing people down than the money was worth.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think you have to earn it to know if you dont have money, you can play...

S

sexbobomb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned my lesson, spent more time chasing people down than the money was worth.

You need to get other people who owe you money to chase down the people who aren't paying.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that lending money to the player for the game is not the best option, they are unlikely to return to you.:cool:

R

richardpro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you're right, it happened to me, i helped and he doesn't answer me anymore

P

pvenditto88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you loan money to poker players it is risky and be prepared to not get it back.......