Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If a player need's to borrow money from someone to gamble, then they have a problem, and you are not helping them by loaning them money they cannot afford to lose. I have in the past lent players money in a live game in order to re-buy back into the game, but in retrospect it has never helped them, only caused them to play for a few more hands before they make the same mistakes again.
If I lose, and cannot afford to re-buy, I simply don't play. It's that simple, I would never approach another player begging for a loan, because the way I look at it is, If I borrowed money, lets say $100 to play Poker and lost that, then I would have to work and earn $200 to be able to pay them back, and recoup the money I lost that wasn't mine in the first place.
Borrowing money when you have a problem is a slippery slope that only gets steeper the more you borrow.

Just Don't Do It!

Tomash7788

Tomash7788

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I think there was a saying something like "If you don't want to be friend with someone (and see him again) lend him money"

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I understand your concerns and your experiences with lending money to other players in gambling situations. It's important to be supportive and help your friends when they need it, but it's also essential to set boundaries and protect your own interests.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Congratulations to you the world needs more people like this attitude, who are wrong and who have acquired and don't pay! Loan is not a donation

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
credits are a very bad story friend you don't need to borrow money and spend it on a game it's better to have a small amount of money, but for that it's your money and if you lose, you won't worry about your money because you earned it yourself and spend it as you want, so I advise you not to do things like borrow anymore

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I know many people who are in big debts because they play poker and lose everything, they try to play again, borrow money and get into even bigger debts

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Helping is very good, it will positively affect your karma, to get something you must first give away,,, you are just a sponsor, a benefactor, and not a banker who gives money at interest

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Helping (in real life situation) is a good thing, loaning money online for someone's fun or addiction is not. That's my oppinion.

One should gamble only the money he affords to lose, that's essential.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It's good that you want to help someone. But be careful because sometimes people can take advantage of that.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only lend money you never expect to see again....

Lending money to gamblers..... what are you thinking..... LOL

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
only bet money u can afford to lose begambleaware

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Really interesting notes! hope it works for you.

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always lend money to other players when they need to,I to be very attentive when they call me to this end, or they send me messages, I like to help,but in many cases after receiving the money, they forget that it was only a loan
I consider helping, but I have many friends who ask me for help, I'm sure that those I have helped will return my money, I usually say that it's a chain, if I break a link in this chain, the flow will stop,Many tell me that money should not be lent when it will be used in games
Once, I had friends in my house, and we started playing poker, so one of them was out of money at the moment, but would like to participate, so i borrowed.
This friend ended up winning of everyone, including me, after this day I learned a lesson, we should not put another opponent on the table, when he will play with our own money
What do you think about these facts?

I usually have a book of notes
with these priorities

-he returned quickly
-took a while to return
-forgot and did not retur

after these notes follow these

- I can lend again, values up to 30us
- lend lower values up to 5us
- not allowed to loan to this player

the notes are Green, Blue and Red

Maybe I'm crazy, but it's a form of protection.:):):)
damn, back to poker
I played the game a while ago because I had time, I want to play again and I saw your post and I was interested, what should I do?

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don’t know how it is in other languages, but in Ukrainian/Russian there is a great saying: “If you want to lose a friend, lend him money.” Yes, it may sound categorical, but you must agree that there is too much truth in it.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's always good to help people you know so you can bid with confidence, sometimes they want to start and spend time studying the game, that's good.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello everyone. I've read several pages of comments and I want to share my opinion. I try not to ask for loans, but I won't refuse help. I remember the saying that if you want to quarrel with a friend, lend him money. Sometimes I lend money myself, but I don't expect it back. For some reason, I can't remind a friend or someone I lent money to that they owe me. At the moment, I'm building my own bankroll without any help.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I wouldn't lend money for games. In your case, most of your friends haven't returned the money, so I wouldn't lend to them again.

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I never regret my actions, let it be very clear, what I wanted to put is the fact that people borrow you and do not honor the combination, would not be better to ask for a sponsorship without having to return the money ???
I would definitely do anything to help in the same way, after all it will not be some dollars that made me richer, or poorer:):):):)
I agree with your opinion

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
You should not ask for loans to play poker if you do not play with our own income or money, because by asking for loans we are conditioning ourselves to win no matter what and if we lose we will feel worse and we will not be able to play well if we are not worried about money.

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
Giving is a good thing. Making friends who will be supportive in poker is also good. When i win something i give him, when he wins something he gives me, its a very good thing. I do not like being greedy, nor refusing to help anyone, because the same help someone needs is the very same i will need also. Life is a like a tire, it keeps on rotating, the one who doesnt have nothing is the one who will be rich tommorow.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
try to not loan people money it could be an issue ofcourse some people will return but poker could be an adiction and gambling issues are real so in your best case escenario u will have your money back. Maybe only a close friend that i know he will return but thats it. U probably do because ur a nice guy and wants to help it could hurt you so do it with precaution.
But is your money so u can do what you want

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
depends on how good i know the person and their play history