Loans For Poker

M

MrDunga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is about the education of the person

Borrowing to a friend i don't think it's a problem, but begging for money to a stranger, that is a problem

C

Coherent16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly lend friends money and ask for a return on investment back. Such as profit give me 40%

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Obviously, it is not right to lend money to your opponents, even if they are your friends. Sometimes I lend money to friends, but that money is not for poker.
Good luck.

D

dayontour

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A loan to friends

A loan to friends should be seen and treated like gambling, “ Only Lend what you can afford to Lose”

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are so right! You shouldbe playing poker only if you are sure you can leave without the amount of money you are playing with.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Find myself wondering if the OP ever had the historic debts repayed, predating Sept' 2017...

Definitely not the smartest play to bankroll an opponent...

Even Shakespeare advises 'neither lender nor borrower be'.

Probably best avoided but if you do lend money, follow a similar guideline to gambling, if you can't afford to lose it...

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've loaned small amounts for guys that I've trusted and few hundred few times to the same guy and once he wanted few thousand with a good reason and believed it. I haven't see the money and now I know he owns a lot for many poker players so I'm not loaning for anyone anymore.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you lose your money in poker and take out a loan, you are a passionate person! You can’t do this! Poker is an activity related to gambling. Therefore, it is extremely important to invest your money in it. It will be extremely difficult to win, but lose-in an instant!

B2199707

B2199707

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't trust loaning cash out to someone I don't know I won't support your gambling addiction

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you borrow money to someone that plays against you make sure you include intrest in case that happens. e.g. If you win I want double back. But to online friend I would keep it small and must be able to afford it.

Talalaew

Talalaew

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking credit for poker is the last thing, I think so. It is better to spend a loan for a family. And to play only for the money that you do not mind spending, just a pleasure. When a game brings pleasure, it will bring results.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I loan money to friends. Some pay back when the session is over, some take longer. If the don't pay back the next time i see them I don't loan again. They have always payed back. I've never borrowed money to play poker.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no problems in lending when I can and that of not adding an opponent with our money because he can win us I do not see it well, let him play, we must beat everyone to be the best, that is our goal, to win, if someone else is a winner good for him. In general, when I borrow, I divide the tournament winnings, that is, I almost always return more than the borrowed money.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

diago726

diago726

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never asked for money to play if I did not have it, I do not play and that's it, once I borrow they never gave me back I never lent again.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to agree. If you don't have it, don't do it.

I got myself into a whole pile of trouble when I was younger.

Now, after many years of hard work, I'm debt free.

I cringe when I see credit card commercials, and all the "deals" they offer.

Guys...try and stay from debt, of any kind, but ESPECIALLY gambling debt.

B

barags

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you ask for money to gamble, you definitelt have a problem, period.

DTaboada

DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree this is not a healthy thing to do.

DanyDiablo

DanyDiablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never borrow to play poker ... I am one of those who believes that you gamble with money that is left over and not with what is missing. Good hands.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think I should lend money to play poker, I’ve heard of cases of people who asked for money to play, won and never revealed it.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never lend me to poker, always look to win in the hands that I had or with the little money that I got working online in free lanzer

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HI There

Fully agree
You must play with any excess of money you can make
Thats it
Rgds

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As Phil Ivey says...many wins you see, the player is only getting about 8% of prize..I’m still completely clueless how players end up in such situations lol

Last edited:
Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have leant money a handful of times. Won’t do it again It’s not healthy for the lender or the borrower

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't lend and I don't borrow. I think it is bad practice to get into for many reasons. I have staked before for single cash sessions and just eat losses when player has a bad session and take a higher percentage of profits in exchange for that.