Loans For Poker

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it seems to me that people who play in debt are mentally ill people.A healthy person will not play in debt.Investing money in the game you risk losing them.I never play in debt..I can give it to you after a good win.But I don't like people who ask for money.

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you have a pretty solid system implemented. That is very similar to the way financial institutions determine risk when giving loans. Keep doing what you’re doing.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lend and loan money

In my life I sometimes lent money... But that was before. I've never borrowed money from
people myself,let alone banks.I think it's best to stick to the status quo:when no one owes you,
and you certainly don't owe anyone! :cool:

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I am against any kind of gambling loan and even more when these people do not repay what they borrowed.[/COLOR]​

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DO NOT LEND AND DO NOT BORROW

Personally, I think this is a very bad habit to get into either way - no matter if you know there person IRL or just online.

While poker is fun, it is also gambling and can be very addictive.

You should only be playing poker if it is:
1. FREE
2. Your obligations are met and you can truly afford it

You should NEVER be borrowing money to play poker and you should NEVER lend anyone money to play poker.

These are very bad habits to get into and although at first it may seem like it isn't a big deal or that the arrangement is working; at some time it will stop working out and one of the parties involved will be pissed.

IMO - just avoid it at all times!!!

IcyPlayChips

IcyPlayChips

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awww. I personally hate giving out loans because I generally dont trust people. Its always easier to ask for one than give one out. And it feels bad to demand it back although you have all the right to do so. When it comes to asking money for poker I would never give someone loan for that. It's still gambling.

Potate4850

Potate4850

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I borrow money only to those with whom I personally know.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.I don´t like to give loans to anyone when I play online poker.First of all,you lose your concentration when they start asking for money..Second,you are not sure they are gonna pay you back.(in most of the cases they won´t).If they want to play for real money ,why don´t they deposit?.It takes time to build a bankroll ,so I try to avoid these people..

R

ristoc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am borrowing only from gangstas, they don't care if i play poker or what. Just kidding, never borrowed anything to play poker. But think about situation where you have received great bonus offer and don't have such money to deposit, but you know you are capable of turnover that cash?

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never loan money to a player that I don't know personally. Loaning a player money is actually doing a disservice to them because they need to feel the pain of loss in order to understand good bankroll management. If you can't afford to make a small deposit, you should NOT be playing. Now, if we're playing a friendly game at home with family/friends, that's a different story. These are games we are playing more for entertainment than for profit.

B

brazilpescador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already lent it, and I wouldn’t care to help anyone, a friend was made when I paid a few bucks the guy called me on a facebook group and asked and today he’s a regular player and has even paid for holidays with poker money. but I agree that there are many who do not remember how much they were helped

damkoMTK

damkoMTK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a saying back home
If you want to lose a friend, land him some money

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I only loan money that I am willing to give away. I do it expecting to never see it again. This way there is no hard feelings and its never an amount that matters to me.

HathelFoster

HathelFoster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all i would only lend money to a friend I've known for considerable time, if you have a good judge of their character i don't think its bad lending.

However if i knew it was for gambling purposes i most definitely would not give them my money to potentially lose, then they are in even deeper than previously which in hindsight isn't very helpful.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always had the notion that you should never lend money to anyone that you cannot afford to lose because you may not get it back. Also I never lend money to someone who is going to sit down at the same table or tournament that I'm playing, can't play against my own money.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Borrowing money to strangers online for playing poker, I think this is a bad idea. Interestingly, many of them returned your money to you? I wouldn’t lend a lot of money to my friends either, as there is a saying: “To lend, to lose friendship.” If my friends ask me for money to play poker, I usually give them money for free.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I submit its probably wise to play withing your means, when starting out .
build your skills and and manage your bankroll, if you feel you need a bit to get started , then keep it within a range that wont put you in a uncomfortable situation financially.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is complicated because you have to know who your friends really are, being one of them, I see no problem !! Luck to life partners.

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always lend money to other players when they need to,I to be very attentive when they call me to this end, or they send me messages, I like to help,but in many cases after receiving the money, they forget that it was only a loan
I consider helping, but I have many friends who ask me for help, I'm sure that those I have helped will return my money, I usually say that it's a chain, if I break a link in this chain, the flow will stop,Many tell me that money should not be lent when it will be used in games
Once, I had friends in my house, and we started playing poker, so one of them was out of money at the moment, but would like to participate, so i borrowed.
This friend ended up winning of everyone, including me, after this day I learned a lesson, we should not put another opponent on the table, when he will play with our own money
What do you think about these facts?

I usually have a book of notes
with these priorities

-he returned quickly
-took a while to return
-forgot and did not retur

after these notes follow these

- I can lend again, values up to 30us
- lend lower values up to 5us
- not allowed to loan to this player

the notes are Green, Blue and Red

Maybe I'm crazy, but it's a form of protection.:):):)

I think is not good idea to play money that is not mine. If you need to borrow money to play you are in a bad spot.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not lend money to friends for gambling. If they don’t have their money for the game, it means they lost it and will lose your money too. For friends, this will be an even worse option since they will go into debt. If you start demanding a refund and they cannot or do not want to give it back, then you will turn your friends into your enemies.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never borrow money to gamble. It's so much easier playing with someone elses money. I am sick of people begging online for a few cents. The same people who are always asking for the password for the tournaments here. If you can't afford to play, win money on freerolls or do play money

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't borrow money to play poker, and I don't lend it, and it won't do any good

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we have friendly games here so loaning money is fine as they will always buy back. Other then that, I never loan money to another player, it is not fair to the other players at the table.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never borrow money to gamble. It's so much easier playing with someone elses money. I am sick of people begging online for a few cents. The same people who are always asking for the password for the tournaments here. If you can't afford to play, win money on freerolls or do play money
I like to stake some other micro/low stakes grinders when i can afford to,no make-up is ever required so its not really a loan,just a freindly gesture to help people enjoy their day with the prospect of some good returns.
I try to scrape up one deposit a week after feeding myself and the dog but quite often freerolls get me up and running again. :) glgl