You can win a tournament without luck?

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is of great importance, but you still need to make the right decisions.

D

Donken87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you can outplay people later on, and in beginning just playing tight and getting reads for later on use.

T

TomCj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's always a factor

Card games are inherently games of chance
and, as such, Luck is always a factor when playing.

especially when you are playing games controlled by programing algorithms,
which I, personally, don't believe are as random as an actual deck of cards

But, as I have stated elsewhere on the forum, poker is a combination of luck AND Skill (which has actually been statistically proven)

So train and learn to play with Skill and you will be a winner

TC

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely cannot win a tournament without luck.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck

I think getting lucky is part of being able to win. Granted not playing "bingo" as some do but knowing the odds and playing accordingly being lucky for sure helps. As I have heard some say "I'd rather be lucky then think I am good " LOL

GL ALL:D

Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning the tournament is impossible without luck. More people in tournament =more luck you need .

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no way you can win without lots of luck

M

misiomick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is as important as skills in poker, only both factors combined can take you through the tourney. My latest experience - I got AA two hands in a row in the same tourney and lost them both, first hand - few guys called my preflop allin and the winner had Q5... (two 5s appeared), very next hand I pushed allin again and my AA and guy with 22 won as he got 2...

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's hard to win a tournament without luck) luck is necessary to win)

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think without luck it is impossible to win the tournament. Skill is certainly good, but there is always an element of luck in poker.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Can you win a tournament without luck, luck typically wont take you from the start of a tournament to heads up and then a win but is sure can help along the way.
Luck may be that 20% factor but it takes skill to consistently make final tables and actually take a win.

J

Justcall529

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is very little chance to reach the end of a big tournament without luck and skill. i see all the time, a guy gets super lucky a couple times in a row and has a monster stack after an hour or two in a big tournament. But then the same guy invariably has the odds catch up with him and busts as the day wears on. You have to have enough gamble to get the chips but enough survival to keep them. Its a delicate balance.

PockerGod

PockerGod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
You need both but everyone gets lucky, it matters how you play without luck on your side.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion there are 3 factors to consider: luck, bad luck, skill.

Luck:
You have TT and go all-in. Ai discovers that the villain has a JJ,QQ, KK or AA.
Then the burgundy comes 9 T 8 - 6 and 3.

Bad luck:
You have QQ. Then burgundy comes QAA - 9 6. Villain goes all-in you call and finds he has AA.

Skill:
Only one of the two above can sit next to you to accompany you in the game. Skill is being able to prevent bad luck from sitting on you or getting up if it has already sat down.

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion there are 3 factors to consider: luck, bad luck, skill.

Luck:
You have TT and go all-in. Ai discovers that the villain has a JJ,QQ, KK or AA.
Then the burgundy comes 9 T 8 - 6 and 3.

Bad luck:
You have QQ. Then burgundy comes QAA - 9 6. Villain goes all-in you call and finds he has AA.

Skill:
Only one of the two above can sit next to you to accompany you in the game. Skill is being able to prevent bad luck from sitting on you or getting up if it has already sat down.

great examples! especially in large tournaments (1000+ participants) they are cyclical and repeat from increase to increase in blinds!

T

Theproone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
great examples! especially in large tournaments (1000+ participants) they are cyclical and repeat from increase to increase in blinds!
What time the luck comes in is if you go all in and they're still cards to be turned over like you go all in before the flop or after the flop that's the only time luck is really involved I think cuz if you're skilled enough you know when to push a man out of the pot and how to do it

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nah you must have a luck in lot of tournaments

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think soo , but maybe if you play a lot of post flop but you need luck to win all ins

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You cant win Poker with just skills, you need to be lucky as well, but the more math you know the more luck you have!

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in poker luck is 10%, the rest will be how prepared you are to play, that's why to start playing poker and be a winning player you need three things, first study hard, be consistent and disciplined, the results will come by themselves, answering your question, in a tournament you will always see the luck factor to win it, but what you should focus on is to give your best game, to apply what you have studied and learned at the tables, that way you will get the results you want, and remember that in poker the results are always long term.

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that winning the tournament is impossible without luck.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is part of the game and without luck you can't win even a little bit but you still need it. With all the poker science, if you're not lucky, it's useless.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you gotta run good in tournaments to win..run bad= lose