Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lot of people seem to think you cannot win without luck
And that’s just wrong,
sure it’s a factor and sometimes your survival comes down to a flip,
BUT good players win regularly because of skill, patience and a deeper understanding of the game than most people have
You can have all the luck in the world but you still won’t win a tourney if you’re constantly making bad choices throughout the game, whereas an unlucky player who makes proper decisions will still win more!

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is the card chat password

read the rules

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! :) I think, Luck is an one from the other many necessary conditions at Poker...:rolleyes::deal:
And same too in the our Life by the way...:cool: And therefore Good Luck Everybody,
especially in the Right Moment! ;):joyman::)

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You cant, sooner or later you just have to win some flips.
But its big difference if you need to win e.g. 2 out of 4 flips, or if you need to win 9 out of 10.

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the more player in the field the more luck you will need. The less player on the field the more skill you will need

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody can win a tournament without luck. After all, without a part of luck in the game in any way.

E

ejsch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck

I have won several tournament and I know there were better players than me playing , so I got lucky end if story.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won all-in with pocket jacks at the same time against pocket AA and QQ, but that wasn't enough to win the tournament. Either there should be more luck or skill is not enough.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A very difficult thing for people to understand is how poker can have a practically constant curve over the long term, even though inside the tables we observe that absurd variance that exists in a tournament. That God help us, bad beat happening everywhere... The truth is that since the long term is a set of short term events, it is difficult for our brains to understand how the two things are connected. Scenarios that frustrate us directly affect our emotions and this clouds the brain's ability to interpret facts rationally. You see, the way in which mathematics manifests itself is curious. If we think that our chances of winning a top pair versus bottom pair situation three times in a row are the same as those of winning a coin flip (50%/50%), we can see more easily how lucky we are. we need to win a tournament. I see people talking about having to win a lot of disadvantages to win a tournament, but the hole is much lower. If we only win the most advantageous situations, combined in sequence, that makes us immensely lucky in the short term.
Along these lines, we need to lose a lot when we are favorites so that in a given tournament we can hold all of these scenarios, win a few more from the bottom, connect the boards when we play post-flop and then finally reach our biggest goal: victory.:angel: That's how math works flawlessly in the long run. It's no wonder that short-term graphics are seesaws, while long-term graphics present an accurate picture of how much that player prevails over his opponents.:icon_bigs This understanding also helps a lot in dealing with bad beats, as it will make you see each one of them as an investment that will lead to the long-awaited spike. As if it were a bank, with each bad beat suffered you accumulate credits. When your credits reach a certain balance, you finally stake the tournament. If you haven't accumulated a lot of bad beats, it's a sign that the spike isn't being built. Think about it and notice how your relationship with the game will harmonize and naturally you'll improve both in the way you play and in relating to the game's variance — which is pretty high in the short term. If you want to do an interesting exercise, you can check out the history of hands you played in a tournament that you won. Count how many times you won an all-in preflop and how many you lost. You will clearly notice that the scale was off balance. To level this, you will have to lose a lot of all-ins in other tournaments. That's how math becomes perfect in the long run.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are a good player, luck only can take as much as 25% of your stack.
If you are one of those kind of player who tends to push or call pushes lightly, yeah sure, you CANT WIN without it luck

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
No matter how much you are Negreanu, it is impossible to win poker without luck 100%:D

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it's hard to win without luck in poker, luck is always a factor in the game, I've won some tournaments and I recognize that the luck factor was present in some hands that helped me to win

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that practically everyone who wins a tournament can recall at least one hand in which they were fortunate, and if they hadn't been fortunate, they would have either busted out or not won the tournament. I recall winning a few single table tournaments and thinking to myself, Afterwad, "I won because I was never unlucky. Throughout the competition, no one sucked on me." But I've never won a multi-table tournament without getting lucky on at least one hand. :eek:

N

nishiii22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You need the luck to win a tourney because the most important is win the all ins

N

nishiii22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As

You need the luck to win a tourney because the most important is win the all ins

N

nishiii22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you need the luck to win because if you dont have luck in the all Ins you cant stack

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You definitely have to be lucky. Even more important than that, you have to manage to not be unlucky lol.

D

donaldb2010

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is a factor

I have seen stats on pro players and watch them play. I have to say luck is a huge part. Seen players win for a few years. Then lose for a few. Cards get cold sometimes for years. I learned to watch for my upswings and down swings.

miskaapo62

miskaapo62

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to get to the final table, luck, at the final table, knowledge dominates in addition to the set!

shnaidier

shnaidier

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is a right decision made at the right moment...

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck

I have played a lot of games and i find that luck is the answer

AndryxaDovolen

AndryxaDovolen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's possible! We are not obligated to call maximum bets even if we have an AA pocket. Of course, it's hard to part with them, but there will be another moment where you can catch your opponent.) Even when the heads-up and blinds are as high as possible, you can also play tight and choose there. BUT THIS IS IN THEORY))) but in general LUCK is very important!

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the luck factor plays a huge role in poker, not a single major tournament is won without luck, so a lot is decided in a coin flip + if you exclude the luck factor, then amateurs will have practically no chances in the game against professionals