You can win a tournament without luck?

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely luck also plays an important role in the game, you can play a hand very well and win or you can play a bad hand and also win, but everything will depend on the decisions you and your opponent make, that will define the winner

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never won a tournament without at least winning a flip or two. In a large field it's really unlikely but in a small one probably possible.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that luck is first then inspiration and of course strategy has a role.

DanielSpaan

DanielSpaan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you have bad luck, you cant win ... Thats why i win sometimes from pro players ;)

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
you're not the only one who wants to know this. we all want to know. I really want to learn the secret of poker and win. it remains only to try. pretty try. the result will also be good

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, tournaments are not won without luck, you need to move several times from the bottom

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need luck to get far in the tournament. But sometimes you can go a long way by paying for a few fat bluffs.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As poker is based on receiving random cards. Surely it's all luck to some extent. (Unlike Chess and Go)

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning is luck! Just like in the lottery, a small percentage of people win. People may know the strategy in the same way (understanding may be different), but only one is more fortunate.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not a fan of tournament poker. Television has made tournament poker look glamorous and like a competition where skill prevails. However, the truth of the matter is that lucks plays a much larger factor in tournaments than in ring games. Think about this way: at a regular no-limit game, if you started with $ 2,000 what is the chance that you would end up with $ 2 million before the night was over? Zero. However, to win a tounament where awake player has 2k starting chips and 1,000 people enter, you would need to win two million in chips to win the tournament. Not an easy feat to do unless lady luck truly smiled upon that day!

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is a must. Also in poker. We always wish each other good luck and health.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think not, luck must be present. You still have to win a lot of coin flips.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not in my opinion, luck is a very big factor to get far in tournaments! Like bluffing at the right times.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Impossible to win anything without luck .. skill ofc is important as well but you cant win all the way without big luck as well

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If not needing good luck, then not getting hit with bad luck. You can do everything that looks right and still get it all in good and lose with the 3% on the river.

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say no ,, it is impossible for us to win a tournament, whatever it is, without the positive variance on our side ,, we call it luck ,, but no ,, when the game at a certain moment of the game we do not rhyme cards, patience is inespensable , wait for the variance on our side, be attentive because how long it is going to delay, we do not know those moments, but with discipline and patience, be focused, we discover the change in the positive variance and we have to take advantage of those moments because if we don't smell it, we can go again ,,, so luck or variance, we must know which moment is ideal to play our hands ,, luck, PASCIENCE, discipline, PERSEVERE and you will win ,,,,

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck is fundamental to poker ! let you be Negreanu with a pair of aces, but the fish comes ALL IN on 7 2 and the flop comes 7 7 2. xexe)

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not only can you win a tournament, only with luck you have to make good decisions to be able to enter the final table and make the most of the winning hands:D

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think no. Maybe you can win if it's a small tournament but the big ones are almost impossible.

michel valente

michel valente

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Can you win a tournament with no luck?

no, luck is essential, as technical knowledge of the game alone does not guarantee anything without luck.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
luck must necessarily be present, because even when you play by all the rules, you are never insured that your AA can be moved by a couple of 22

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never. Luck is the most important think in poker. U can play for 100 years, without luck u dont get nothing.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think not. Skill and mathematics, of course, are the basis. But without luck, too, nowhere.