Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Re-entries, 'rebuys', 'add ons', these all may damage your bankroll, but I don't criticize as they're an option, by the way, the players know (or don't know) what to do with their own 'bankroll' and that's nobody business.
The fact is, we must beaware of these tourneys formats for they're far more loose, then, affecting deeply our game strategies at very least during the early stages.
Keep in mind that many players may play very loose, during the 'rebuys' and 'add ons' periods, coming back for more and, conversely, start to play solid and better (deceiving), advancing and sometimes even reaching the final table. It all depends on the players will to risk their bankroll or chips. If a player don't like playing this tournaments formats, he or she'd better stay away :ciao:from it.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is profitable if it is a bigger tournament with a consistent win not like some of 50 euros or 100 and re-entry is given 4 5 times and the first place win is 15 euros and the entry is 1 euro. In my opinion.

Sword

Sword

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re-entries, rebuys, addons, this is of course good, allows you to continue the game, but as late registration reduces your chances of winning.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've won tournaments by re buying. sometimes even 3xs, it depends but it works. I wont rebuy on a tournament if I get bad beat. ill go to another one.

girts87

girts87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im tryon to avoid rebuy unlimited ... but anyone can find differend games good , depending on many factors ..
sometimes you want slow , long poker tournoment .
and not allways poker player should be versatile . find your best game, and best mood to make $ ..
good luck !

L

lusquinha2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, i recommend you to re-buy if you really want this money

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

I personally thinks that if you dont do it in first hand then no need to try a second time
Useless

Rgds

F

flyinghas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the pots are always bigger in re entry tournaments . one re entry is ok

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, I agree with you, but I think that this theory does not apply to tournaments with rebuys, especially when it is a satellite to a more expensive tournament, it can be very profitable there.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Depends on a lot of different things, How deep into the Tourney? How close to the bubble are you? How many blinds are you buying into? What is your mental state? Have you made one bad decision or many? the list goes on and on.
I once saw someone play 6 bullets in a high stakes game at $150,000 at a time and still missed the bubble, The top Prize was only about $5 million so he lost $900,000 to try and win $5 million seems stupid to me but hey if he can afford to lose close to a million Dollars in a single game, who am I to say what is stupid or not?

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Re-enter if you feel like you have an edge over the field and you get 30bbs or more, when taking another shot. Set a limit of rebuys before you start playing.:)

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rebuy is ok as long as you don't get carried away. I've seen people fire more bullets than they could actually win there money back? Bruning money no good.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I sometimes see people rebuy so late in a tournament that they get less than 10 bigs and are in early table positions so are forced to go all in with marginal hands. Can’t see this being a profitable strategy in the long game.

barba332

barba332

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For mi if it is profitable,we have another chance in the tournament,if we had been playing it well and had a bad beat,the buyback would be perfect.:icon_sant

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like it. U are on a small stack and it is Ruff to catch up. I only do it in some special freerolls with low reentry price when there is a good price money. So on first free entry I can go balls. :D

Panda1010

Panda1010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually buy back and I always add on.

Comarata3456

Comarata3456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, as long as the blinds are not high I often rebuild, and if it is a tournament with a little buy-in money and I know that it does not reach many participants, I do it and I believe 50% went well for me.

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My typical Re-Buy rules....

Regular tournaments: 1 buy in, and 1 re entry IF, starting stack is larger then 20BBs.

R/A: always start with double stack, unless you never fall under starting stack. Add-on as long you are not in top 3 after other players add on.
What's your advice if there is a long late registration period?
In general I hate late registrations, prefer a freeze-out...any thoughts?

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's your advice if there is a long late registration period?
In general I hate late registrations, prefer a freeze-out...any thoughts?
Never buy in with less then 20BBs. I give myself 1 or 2 re entries, but if its avalible, and the starting stack is less then 20BBs. I dont.

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once in awhile I'll rebuy if there no new tourneys coming up, but I feel good when I win and made it without

NickeLine22

NickeLine22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the stage of the tournament

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have read , and it's logical to me , that the big bankroll guys with good fundamental knowledge of poker , have multiple bullets to fire so as to built a big stack and start absorbing all other fishes .

I do not have the luxury to buy many re entries , not even rebuys or add-ons , I do not like them , I rarely use them in the micros , when I lost to a silly way , the prisepool is very big , the buy-in is very low and it's still early so I will have a lot of big blinds . But I do this very rarely , almost always I step away , play sth else or call it a day .

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually, there are re-entries for guaranteed $ tournaments to help meet the guarantee. If there's extra money in the tournament pool, definitely should consider it if not too deep in the tournament.