Re-entry, profitable or not ?

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definetely is profitable depending on the stage and tournament you are playing, the problem with rebuys is when you abuse them in tilt thats why people should set a rebuy limit for each MTT before entering

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on which stage are you in the tournament. It definitely worth to make a rebuy early or even middle stages of late reg, cause the average stack isn't that high.
I also wanna add, that if you were really unlucky or card-dead, second time you will start it more luckier, cause these hands are counted in the first reg's statistics, and variance actually can be presented even more.

B

BoonDockPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need a proper bankroll to play in a re-entry tournament. Its always best to be prepared for 2-3 buy ins minimum. You have to play them fearless and aggressive or will be behind a ton when the tournament actually starts (After re-buy Period) Before that is all about Fast chip accumulation not a more balanced style of preservation and slow accumulations

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my personal experience, the few times I paid a re-entry I returned to the game with a very small stack to be competitive. However, I believe that it is necessary to analyze the rules of each tournament to see if it is worthwhile.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually use re-inter once, because when you pay the third buy-in you start to freak out and play badly

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It totally depends on how well you feel that you are playing. If it's in the early stages when the blinds aren't too high and you, for example, got bad-beated, then playing in a similar fashion should be profitable for you.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
it all depends on how much you agree to spend on this tournament, with the condition that you can win nothing. For example, for a micromillion $ 1.10 I spent somewhere $ 8, though I returned them, stayed with my friends, although I could have left with nothing or vice versa, so it's up to you and the current to you

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ithink when you makes too much re-entries you win nothing or not manywhen you came in the money ,and when you dont come in the money you lost too much I prefer to register in that tournements at the end of the late registration

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny thing...

I was actually gonna create a post about this exact same thing. Reason is, over the weekend I got pass the bubble on two tournaments but spent all the winnings re-entering the next two.

Listening to the other posts, I guess you can set yourself to just the one re-entry.

I’m just gonna hope that as I get better I’ll only need the one. Until then, 1 little 2 little 3 little entries it is.

Good Luck!:D

W

williemays56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rentry

not a fan of rentries or rebuys I've literally knock out same person in turn last night 3 times and ended up losing to them eventually and believe it encourage donkey plays cause they know if they don't hit the can buy more

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing in tournaments if applies game the I do one buy-in, if not applies the still usually do 2-3 re-entry. When I have a big bankroll, I do re-entry, and when the bankroll is small, regardless of the bad or good game, I do only one buy-in. That's what I noticed, looking at their games for a few months came to the conclusion that I have in the long run the total gain in tournaments is less when I do re-entry, and when I play only making one buy-in in the tournament the total gain comes out more. It turns out that to do re-entry tournaments are not profitable.

Good afternoon!
I usually only re-enter if it is a tournament with a smooth structure and good prize money, or if it is a series tournament.
Good luck at the tables!

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Re-entering is a mug's strategy.

N

Nounounou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how big the blinds are. If the blinds are big, then you just have to decide. I dont like to enter or rebuy when the blinds are high.
You are in a dissadvantage

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When re-registering in a tournament, you should always pay attention to the size of the required bets. For example, if you only get 3000 chips on an extra buy when the blinds are 1000/2000, this is impractical.

D

donkeyyk0ng

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Always depends on how large the blinds are

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only if that tournament is important to me. (which also means that in a few hours(days) it won't start like a similar tourney.)

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely..All depends how much you spend in towards the given amount needed to be profitable. If you rebuy you jus gotta finish a lil better. I dont like playing because people get crazy till rebuy is over. Good luck.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to be careful of the stack size you will be given. If you rebuy too late, you are really just throwing away money as you will need roll the dice a couple of times to be in the same situation as the other people in the tournament. If you are careful of this, however, I think it is ok to rebuy.

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually do at least one rebuy (pending on the size of the tourney), but I won't rebuy if my starting stack is less than 25 bb. Although there were days I pulled 2 rebuys. I even won a $10 daily tourney bringing $700 in on my 3rd bullet. I also look if my game decision were good and I got sucked out, or I made mistakes. Lot of options to think of, but make a plan, stick to it, and reevaluate.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
REBUY

The problem I have is when i buy back in I get AA and lose and before you know it you have bought in 3 times which is not worth the pot you might win.

M

matsch0711

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on the blindlevel. If u only have 5 up to 10 blinds when u reenter, than its only bingo...but when u bust in the early tournament buy suckout, than its a good chance for comeback... ;)

True, in my opinion the main factor are the blind levels. If your rebuy is worth less than 20 bb in chips it makes not much sense even if the field is soft. You are almost right away forced to play push or fold. So why not starting a completely new tourney for the same BI?!?
Btw we also have to factor in the rake. A few years ago you were able to rebuy WITHOUT paying rake (pokerstars for example) This has changed now. For every bullet you buy you pay the full rake. So it is pretty much like a "new tournament"

D

darkryanx22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my case I don't, if I get eliminated, I'd rather start a different tournament than continue in the same one, apart from that if the blinds are high, the complication is greater

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing in tournaments if applies game the I do one buy-in, if not applies the still usually do 2-3 re-entry. When I have a big bankroll, I do re-entry, and when the bankroll is small, regardless of the bad or good game, I do only one buy-in. That's what I noticed, looking at their games for a few months came to the conclusion that I have in the long run the total gain in tournaments is less when I do re-entry, and when I play only making one buy-in in the tournament the total gain comes out more. It turns out that to do re-entry tournaments are not profitable.

If you feel that you need to continue again, then of course do not even think about it. Re-entry bears fruit in most cases.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is 2 sides of the rebuys, unfortunately, I experience both. First, in my opinion, it is worthy, if you can handle it correctly, that's my real problem with the rebuys, it can put me on tilt and make more than I should. Generally, I always say, 1 rebuy, in few specific tourneys 2, but I can't keep it like this always, on the other side, even if I just look at the last month, 70-80% of my top 3 finishes come with rebuys. Especially, there are 20-25 tourneys per a day, what ideally I would play, or I can choose from those, that means max 15 tourney per a session, that is not so much, so the rebuys are reasonable for a while, depends on blind level. I try to avoid the rebuys, if the starting blinds under 20 BB, except 3-4 tourneys, where the structure is still good for it, mostly hyper and turbo tourneys.

After all, for me it is really worthy, if I do not go on tilt - how I see plenty players, making 5-10 or more rebuys, what can return only with FT, generally they relegate fast. I am okay with 1-2 rebuys. That's still profitable in long run.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
re-entry can be useful sometimes, but you never know, when