Hyper turbo guide thread

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep completely agree ram, however don't agree with your shoving range, AK shouldn't be in there, a range of 1010 to JJ+ would be more suitable. we can argue that range, but AK shouldn't ever be in our shoving range here, that would be great to include as a limp range imo, if SB shoves and BB calls we can make a call with AK knowing we're going to cash a huge % of the time. If we limp and sb shoves and BB folds, no big deal, it doesn't change the equity positions at all.

ya agree that in this particular spot, limping is pretty much just a waste of chips, however if the SB starts to give away chips to the BB BVB we need to be able to adjust quickly, because the stack setup for us is pretty terrible. basically we need to do things to either make sure the other guy is getting shoved on, or we will need to call him wide in the future if the bubble continues as we cannot really shove very many hands in the future with this setup.

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys. I did fold in the game and as predicted our friend shoved. Not that it stopped me bubbling anyway, due to not ideal stack dynamics and probably a few mistakes on my part.

was this a mistake to fold here?

poker stars 235FPP No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds + t20 - 3 players - View hand 2523996
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: t1910 M = 9.10
BTN: t335 M = 1.60
Hero (SB): t755 M = 3.60

Pre Flop: (t210) Hero is SB with 3 :club: A :heart:
BTN raises to t315 all in, 1 fold, BB calls t215

Flop: (t740) 4 :diamond: 7 :diamond: 6 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t740) 3 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t740) 8 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

of course not much to be done here, just an annoying hand

Poker Stars 235FPP No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds + t20 - 3 players - View hand 2523999

SB: t1995 M = 9.50
BB: t530 M = 2.52
Hero (BTN): t475 M = 2.26

Pre Flop: (t210) Hero is BTN with K :club: 9 :heart:
Hero raises to t455 all in, 1 fold, BB calls t355

Flop: (t1020) 2 :heart: Q :heart: 5 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t1020) A :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t1020) 5 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t1020
BB shows 6 :heart: K :spade: (a pair of Fives)
Hero shows K :club: 9 :heart: (a pair of Fives)
BB wins t510
Hero wins t510

And this was the final hand, unfortunatly I'm the shortest stack. However I must ave done something seriously wrong to get into this stack situation

Poker Stars 235FPP No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t70 Blinds + t20 - 3 players - View hand 2524000

BTN: t2765 M = 15.36
SB: t145 M = 0.81
Hero (BB): t90 M = 0.50

Pre Flop: (t180) Hero is BB with 7 :heart: K :heart:
BTN raises to t2745 all in, SB calls t75 all in

Flop: (t380) Q :heart: A :club: 4 :club: (3 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t380) K :spade: (3 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t380) 4 :heart: (3 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t380
BTN shows A :heart: 2 :spade: (two pair, Aces and Fours)
SB shows Q :spade: 8 :club: (two pair, Queens and Fours)
Hero shows 7 :heart: K :heart: (two pair, Kings and Fours)
BTN wins t110
BTN wins t270

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand #1-
fold is fine..unless bttn is shoving just about every hand from that spot we're icm folding..even if he is..its not an ideal spot to call off A3 as if we lose we're putting ourselves in a position to bubble plus we're 60/40 at best and the BB is calling just about every time

Hand #2-
Not much a fan of the K9 shove...its a hand ill fold on the bubble a lot whether the payouts are 65/35 or 50/50...when called yes we will often have live cards..just remember..we're playing for 2nd..not first..therefore our shoving range needs to be tighter esp in a 50/50 payout...im fine shoving any ace here and any pair..aswell as KJ+..but K9 is a hand im folding on the button..from the sb its an easy shove

Hand #3-
im unsure..were you forced allin?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hand 2 for me heavily depends on the SB.

as a very basic button shoving strategy, if the SB is tight and won't shove on the BB for us, then we have to start shoving buttons, and K9 makes for a very good shove.

if the SB is loose, and will attack that stack for us then we can opt toward a fold.

Hand 3 we have 20 chips left over if we fold, so make that fold and pray that he gets knocked out. we have to beat two players if we make the call, the odds are not on our side.

generally, in situtations like this there are 6 possible outcomes. As the bigstack, most of those outcomes are great, as the middle stack most of the outcomes are great, but as the shortstack, they are horrendous for us, i can explain this in more detail if you like, but lets make the SB pay for making a really bad call by lolfolding :)

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 3 was me being forced in on the bb I was just commenting on it since to get that short I must have made some mistake s.

Edit: I just noticed hand 3 is shoeing the wrong blind level. It should say 50/100 which is why I was forced in.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to work out the hand converter i think, if you are forced in the BB, look at the hands that lead you to be in that position, sometimes it can be correct to fold everything until you cash

spsb83

spsb83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this thread still going, just come across it currently switching from heads up hypers to 6 max and just wondered how everyone is getting in.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just started playing hypers full time myself, only got around 2000 done but planning to put in some decent volume over the next few months.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm actually leaving carbon for bovada.... So any hypers I play will now be 9 Max

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

spsb83

spsb83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also switched to only playing hypers. my goal is to hit around 1000 games in July and now I've switched from hu to 6 max hopefully I won't go broke. Hate to admit that I struggled a hu mostly with tilt I'm much more comfortable at 6max.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this thread still going, just come across it currently switching from heads up hypers to 6 max and just wondered how everyone is getting in.

i'm going back to them now that my wsop trip is over and my dreams are crushed! :) back to $1 tourneys!

I am playing carbon right now. I will be switching to exclusively Bovada soon. I am still trying to withdraw my roll from Carbon. Has taken 3+ weeks so far. :( I left a few bucks on there so I can play the hypers.

spsb83

spsb83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GL missjacki run up a roll and you can crush wsop 2015. I like to dream I'll be there next year, but it won't be my poker skill that gets me there, all my hopes lie on a ticket with 6 numbers on it. :)

spsb83

spsb83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been reviewing some games and PT recommends shoving this spot. Does this seem profitable.

PokerStars - $1.40+$0.10|15/30 Ante 3 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 519 (VPIP: 22.22, PFR: 20.59, 3Bet Preflop: 11.11, Hands: 36)
BB: 518 (VPIP: 10.00, PFR: 11.11, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 11)
Hero (UTG): 409
MP: 527 (VPIP: 30.00, PFR: 30.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 11)
CO: 504 (VPIP: 21.52, PFR: 19.72, 3Bet Preflop: 5.88, Hands: 86)
BTN: 523 (VPIP: 11.11, PFR: 11.43, 3Bet Preflop: 15.38, Hands: 37)

6 players post ante of 3, SB posts SB 15, BB posts BB 30

Pre Flop: (pot: 63) Hero has K<font color='red'>♥</font> T<font color='red'>♦</font>

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 520 and is all-in, fold, fold

BTN wins 93

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sps, an easy way to look at hands like this is to ask yourself does he shove with hands that you dominate? like K9 K8 T9, TJ etc. if not, fold, if he does, you can make a call if you want but you really don't have too.

Usually this play is made with stuff that is good, but doesn't want to face a 3bet with, so small paris 22-66 and maybe some stuff like Ax depending on how bad he is, possibly some broadways. Usually we can rule out some of the monsters here also like JJ+ and some AK's or AQ's.

In any case the guy looks pretty tight, looks like an easy fold to me.

spsb83

spsb83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry wizzim I meant shoving UTG with k10o when I previewed the post the hand had converted properly. Anyway I prob should have explained better. I'm not calling in this spot like you say villain is a bit nitty. but I wouldn't shove k10o UTG either with every to act behind but when I ran it through PT it recommends shoving.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry wizzim I meant shoving UTG with k10o when I previewed the post the hand had converted properly. Anyway I prob should have explained better. I'm not calling in this spot like you say villain is a bit nitty. but I wouldn't shove k10o UTG either with every to act behind but when I ran it through PT it recommends shoving.

I'm folding just about every time here. Winning blinds is not significant for your stack, and you are way behind a typical calling range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KT is getting close to a jam, mainly because we're 100 chips in last place and we have a hand that is sort of hard to dominate. We also have only around 10BB adjusted BB's here, so winning the pot is significant to our stack in terms of equity.

Even though we're UTG, we're realistically are only in middle position.

It's borderline in ICMizer, it depends a little on call and overcall ranges but looks like a fold, however i would shove KTs here without a second thought. The key here is to think in terms of equity and future blind situations, if the blinds have literally just gone up to 20/40 i wouldn't mind a jam here too much, if they have only just got to 15/30 we can just fold it as we have another full orbit before it hits 20/40.

spsb83

spsb83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks chaps. I think overall I have to open my game up. I'm playing a bit too tight especially when it gets short handed.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty much the worst games to play tight in, you have to make moves from 10/20 onwards if you want to be above a 0% ROI.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KT is getting close to a jam, mainly because we're 100 chips in last place and we have a hand that is sort of hard to dominate. We also have only around 10BB adjusted BB's here, so winning the pot is significant to our stack in terms of equity.

Even though we're UTG, we're realistically are only in middle position.

It's borderline in ICMizer, it depends a little on call and overcall ranges but looks like a fold, however i would shove KTs here without a second thought. The key here is to think in terms of equity and future blind situations, if the blinds have literally just gone up to 20/40 i wouldn't mind a jam here too much, if they have only just got to 15/30 we can just fold it as we have another full orbit before it hits 20/40.

Disagree that K10 is hard to dominate.... This is an extremely risky play. If we jam and everyone folds we pick up 60 chips. We are still in last place and we are risking our tournament life to do it. A typical calling range will be way ahead of us, our best case scenario would usually be flipping. Since we are virtually never ahead when called, I actually would prefer shoving 56 suited here, because it's way harder to dominate. We clearly want folds when we shove K10, so why shove with a hand that will lose more often when called, but win the same amount and just as often when we get folds?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea i said "kind of" hard to dominate. meaning only KQ AK AT and KJ dominate us here. I should have been more specific, sorry.

yes shoving those 56s type hands can be good(not in this spot), but the problem is when we get called by villians ranges that have pair in it, we are absolutely crushed, whereas KT plays pretty darn good against 99-77, plays better even against JJ and QQ because of the over, whereas the 56s does not have much hope against overpairs. So yeah, kind of the flipside of shoving lower suited connectors.

Also, how hard would it be for players to call an UTG shove with KJ and KQ? they still probably will some of the time, but if they are in the HJ do you think they will call with those hands? We likely get a few folds from those hands particular hands, so we can assign a slightly lesser value on them making this a slightly better shove.

tournament life is overrated in hypers, load another one and get some VPPs :). If we make plays and justify them using the old "don't wanna risk my tournament life" we're gonna get blinded down a lot.

in any case, yes i think folding is good here, but i also said it was pretty darn close to a shove and wouldn't think it's that much of a mistake to do so. Out of curiosity, whatcha doing with KQo here? how about A4s?

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so here are the numbers of what we actually gain from stealing 60 chips. We gain around 2% equity which is a pretty darn nice jump. It's imporatant to think in terms of $EV not chips, as 60 chips looks like nothing, but 2% of the prize pool sounds a hell of a lot nicer :). hope this helps

fwiw, not trying to say KT is an easy shove, i think it's still a fold, but it's still great to explore the why or why not's about the situation.

Attachments

• painngain.jpg
    painngain.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 52
Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea i said "kind of" hard to dominate. meaning only KQ AK AT and KJ dominate us here. I should have been more specific, sorry.

yes shoving those 56s type hands can be good(not in this spot), but the problem is when we get called by villians ranges that have pair in it, we are absolutely crushed, whereas KT plays pretty darn good against 99-77, plays better even against JJ and QQ because of the over, whereas the 56s does not have much hope against overpairs. So yeah, kind of the flipside of shoving lower suited connectors.

Also, how hard would it be for players to call an UTG shove with KJ and KQ? they still probably will some of the time, but if they are in the HJ do you think they will call with those hands? We likely get a few folds from those hands particular hands, so we can assign a slightly lesser value on them making this a slightly better shove.

tournament life is overrated in hypers, load another one and get some VPPs :). If we make plays and justify them using the old "don't wanna risk my tournament life" we're gonna get blinded down a lot.

in any case, yes i think folding is good here, but i also said it was pretty darn close to a shove and wouldn't think it's that much of a mistake to do so. Out of curiosity, whatcha doing with KQo here? how about A4s?

I'm shoving KQo and folding A4s I think. A4 is way more dominated by a calling range than KQ.... A4 will play bad against most pairs in a calling range. It's bad against 55-AA. Then it also plays bad against Ax Since most dominate us. It's not like that with KQo. We are going to flip against 22-JJ (though not all those call us) and we aren't as easily dominated. Only dominated by AQ/AK/QQ/KK/AA. That's good in comparison to what crushes our A4. A5-AK/55-AA. Therefore I will shove the KQ but fold the A4 sooted

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm shoving KQo and folding A4s I think. A4 is way more dominated by a calling range than KQ.... A4 will play bad against most pairs in a calling range. It's bad against 55-AA. Then it also plays bad against Ax Since most dominate us. It's not like that with KQo. We are going to flip against 22-JJ (though not all those call us) and we aren't as easily dominated. Only dominated by AQ/AK/QQ/KK/AA. That's good in comparison to what crushes our A4. A5-AK/55-AA. Therefore I will shove the KQ but fold the A4 sooted

i like it :)