Hyper turbo guide thread

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PT4, when i tried the hm2 trial it just halted my computer and i could at most play 6 tables but pt4 had no issues until i hit the 12-16 table mark on stars at least before the cpu is maxed and sometimes lags..........on carbon its 9 max, quite the difference in the site software there thats for sure but also my laptop isn't the greatest. I have a beast of a desktop but can't find my windows 7 ultimate cd that I thought I brought with me, and it currently has linux on it and oddly couldn't even get stars to install via wine to try it out.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this thread has helped me a lot now..happy to say ive put in enough volume and am now 2nd on the 1.10 hyper leaderboard :) have studied ICM a bit and that for sure helped me with bubble/4-handed play aswell as tightened up my shoving/call off ranges which i now realize was a major leak i wasnt thinking of...my itm % has increased aswell over the last 300 games...have learned to not be results oriented and its easy for me to ignore the result of losses as im putting in a lot of volume and after playing a few hundred hypers i realize its not as much luck as many think!

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have vpip/pfr, limp/limp fold, then some steal and fold to steal stats.

Mine is also filtered for # of players.
+1 just about all you need for hypers as postflop play is limited and these are the main stats you'll be looking at

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would be different if you play 0.76 $ prize 2 tickets 2.20.

Less agressive in bobble or just the same?

Due to here we like 2nd place.

M

matt0216

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bubble dynamic will definitely change when the payouts are 50/50. With that structure, you have less of an incentive to clash with other big stacks.

So say stacks are:

BTN: 600
SB: 1200
BB: 1200
60/120 blinds

If you're on BB, and SB shoves, you have to call much tighter when playing with a 50/50 payout. You can't call wider than TT there and may have to be tighter depending on villain. With 65/35, you can call a bit wider.

And here's why:

When we call the SB shove and win on a 50/50 structure, our EV goes to 50% (the max you can have)

When we call and win on a 65/35 structure, our EV goes to 59%. That 9% difference in EV gives us enough incentive to call SB shoves a little wider.

So overall, on a 50/50 structure you need to call tighter and with that in mind, you need to adjust your shoving ranges accordingly. Be more aggressive against players who are ICM aware and be more cautious against players you expect to call light.

Last edited:
Tinie107

Tinie107

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As was mentioned at the start of this thread i have had huge upswings and huge downsings at hyper sng's. I usually play $7 or $15 6 max sng's on stars and i always end up going broke eventually if i keep playing them but my stats suggest i am making a profit from the games it's just perhaps the fact i am playing $15 with a $150BR which is the problem. What stakes would you suggest for that sort of BR?

M

matt0216

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1.50 games on stars.

As was mentioned at the start of this thread i have had huge upswings and huge downsings at hyper sng's. I usually play $7 or $15 6 max sng's on stars and i always end up going broke eventually if i keep playing them but my stats suggest i am making a profit from the games it's just perhaps the fact i am playing $15 with a $150BR which is the problem. What stakes would you suggest for that sort of BR?

What stats?

Tinie107

Tinie107

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was able to check on poker pro labs but they seem to have removed that feature for free members or something? I was $600 in profit just at $15 6max hyper but that was a good 6 months ago lol

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was able to check on poker pro labs but they seem to have removed that feature for free members or something? I was $600 in profit just at $15 6max hyper but that was a good 6 months ago lol

you have played a total of 74 games in the $15s. So any variance is simply that, variance, your 'stats' do not indicate anything. you have played less than 300 games total, so any form of analysis is subject to variance, which is why it's a waste of tiem looking at it.

The $600 in profit is likely gross profit, which Pokerprolabs has for some reason, what you want to look for is net profit.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

With just a $150 roll playing 1.50 hypers is bad BRM however you can sorta get away with it but if you go on a huge swing your screwed...if you've only played a small amount of hypers the results are irrelevant as you need a big sample size to really show if you have a skill edge..the higher the variance the more buyins you need...Overrall start in 1.50 hypers and work up as with just 10-20 BIs at hypers your almost bound to go broke.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With just a $150 roll playing 1.50 hypers is bad BRM however you can sorta get away with it but if you go on a huge swing your screwed...if you've only played a small amount of hypers the results are irrelevant as you need a big sample size to really show if you have a skill edge..the higher the variance the more buyins you need...Overrall start in 1.50 hypers and work up as with just 10-20 BIs at hypers your almost bound to go broke.

Key word is ALMOST go broke ;)

*cough cough 3-60BI in two weeks cough cough*

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been on a small downswing lately. Had a couple of games or at least one specifically where there was no good spot/hand to play. If I got a decent hand of say A9d there would be two all in before the action got to me or it would be a hand like A6o and UTG, can't limp and raise would be bad and IMO shove would be bad as well.

Have any of you had a game (Hyper Turbo 6man) where nothing came together and basically blinding out before it's viable to shove with what you have?
Should I make a thread detailing the hands to this game so my lack of play could be analyzed?

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have any of you had a game (Hyper Turbo 6man) where nothing came together and basically blinding out before it's viable to shove with what you have?
Should I make a thread detailing the hands to this game so my lack of play could be analyzed?

Ya, a few times, but in those situations, I try my best to remain patient and then take advantage of positional opportunities. I remember one game where I was down to 2BB, shoved with J6o OTB and tripled up, then taking it down.

I think the key is patience but also widening our range a bit so that our FE remains intact, rather than letting ourselves dwindle down to microBBs with insufficient FE.

Maybe you could just post those hands here that you have questions about? I think that we would all benefit ;)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been on a small downswing lately. Had a couple of games or at least one specifically where there was no good spot/hand to play. If I got a decent hand of say A9d there would be two all in before the action got to me or it would be a hand like A6o and UTG, can't limp and raise would be bad and IMO shove would be bad as well.

post full hh, because the seemingly easy folds are usually the biggest mistakes.

more than likely you are missing out on spots. The situation you are in dictates the range of hands you should shove. Sometimes our hand value is irrelevant.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
post full hh, because the seemingly easy folds are usually the biggest mistakes.

more than likely you are missing out on spots. The situation you are in dictates the range of hands you should shove. Sometimes our hand value is irrelevant.

+1

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried looking for that tourney to no success, next time. :)

I feel I'm too tight in the SB to a limped pot and here is a hand from a HT6man on Merge. The hands that showed down are what I would expect to be against.

Should I be filling my blind with almost any two?

Attachments

• Hand6-7.png
    Hand6-7.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 86
Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried looking for that tourney to no success, next time. :)

I feel I'm too tight in the SB to a limped pot and here is a hand from a HT6man on Merge. The hands that showed down are what I would expect to be against.

Should I be filling my blind with almost any two?

First level I'm fine with just folding my small blind with limpers With K5.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am playing $3.50 Hyper HU on PS and am doing ok, but I am looking for a Holdem Manager HUD configuration specially for Hyper HU's. Does anyone know where I can get one?

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars 235FPP No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t25/t50 Blinds + t10 - 3 players - View hand 2522805
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: t1850 M = 17.62
BB: t325 M = 3.10
Hero (BTN): t825 M = 7.86

Pre Flop: (t105) Hero is BTN with A :spade: T :heart:
Hero??

Easy open/shove right? Since once I open SB has to fold, if not everything then almost everything. But here's the catch SB is a donk who has been saying crap in the chat and literally called or shoved every single hand in the game so far. Every single hand! He already doubled me up in the last two hands but somehow I doubt he's going to fold now, I mean he was fine calling off with 4,2o and 6,3o. Its a satty with top two winning the seat so.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker Stars 235FPP No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t25/t50 Blinds + t10 - 3 players - View hand 2522805
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: t1850 M = 17.62
BB: t325 M = 3.10
Hero (BTN): t825 M = 7.86

Pre Flop: (t105) Hero is BTN with A T
Hero??

Easy open/shove right? Since once I open SB has to fold, if not everything then almost everything. But here's the catch SB is a donk who has been saying crap in the chat and literally called or shoved every single hand in the game so far. Every single hand! He already doubled me up in the last two hands but somehow I doubt he's going to fold now, I mean he was fine calling off with 4,2o and 6,3o. Its a satty with top two winning the seat so.
without any doubt...this is an easy fold...you have 825 chips...blinds are 25/50/10 and its a satellite style hyper with a 50/50 payout for the top 2 finishers..you shove..your likely getting called if villain had called before with junk..and even then..your gonna be around 65/35...meaning 2/3 times your bubbling and getting nothing..if you say he was shoving every hand then let him shove on the shorty and put the pressure on him..overall im not sure you can shove JJ+ here..AT just let it go

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without that read, by far the best play would be to open limp or min-raise the button, shoving here is terrible in general.

however with reads, feel free to fold this, or alternatively you can limp it just to make sure the BB doesn't get a walk.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not even limping here is gonna be good IMO. Opening shoving is bad too given top two pays. Your button range here should be so tight, like ak kk+

We are not concerned about the short stack, it's the big stack who has to act. If he calls you sb can just fold and this is an icm disaster. If your read is correct on sb and he's calling that wide as 32o then bb is going to shove a decent range of hands anyway.

Just open fold here.

Last edited: