How to play without good cards ?

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play purely on the card, then collect solitaire and poker so you can’t win enough money

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how to play without good cards the whole tournament?
type:

T2o
83o
73o
29o...
take notes on the players at your table, know how they bet, the cards will come to you eventually

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to wait for good hands, but as it is not the case, I try to play this type of hand when there are few opponents, so my chance of winning is greater,

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you want to play with junk, that's your right, but I think the results will be unsatisfactory. If you play all hands in a row, then in the long run it will only lead to losses.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Batagliador,

Is has been said already but the game of patience in poker is almost the whole battle aside from your skill at betting, that said its worth noting not only the statistical side such as best starting hands as below.

https://www.cardschat.com/strategy/poker-starting-hands/

My advice is to look at your position on the table, where you can - get into cheap pots, sometimes its worth a call to peel a card if you have a hand like an open ended straight draw on a (rainbow board for example).

Mixing up your play is crucial as if you are deemed a tight player, this can be exploited later on if you come up against players who have played well against you - a lot of players pay over the odds to see a flop if holding a small pocket pair for example so as to set mine, its worth making them pay to see the flop for example and even with garbage hands, it can surprisingly yield results.

A great book i can recommend to you to read is one by Gus Hansen who has regularly mastered playing low value hands to some success - even for a novice or amateur player, this book really helped me when i started out playing as it shows useful tips and guidance on playing such hands.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2943754-every-hand-revealed

Good Luck to you at the tables!

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being card dead is probably the most frustrating thing in poker, folding for hours on end to the point of shoving any ace when you get it.

It is a good time to observe your opponents, picking up clues on how they play, signal out players you want to target when you do get playable hands, or target players that can be bluffed.
Stealing blinds with any two cards, there will come a point you are dripping chips if you keep folding, you must at least replenish your stack with blind stealing.
You are going to be folding all that trash, but other players at the table will notice you are not playing much, and think you are tight, playing only premiums, use this to your advantage, start 3-betting in spots against the players that will respect the bet.
Be patient and stay calm, most players at the table will run dead, most cannot handle it and bluff their chips away, don't be that guy..

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Position Position Position. Cards don't matter!

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the player you are facing, in my case I play spin so going all in to win the blinds doesn't affect much

Makarius

Makarius

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
Mostly suited ones and connectors are needed, the game will not always include higher pairs and top cards

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to play without good cards?!. The all are simply! Don't to play. And to wait good cards...

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with bad cards, you can only lose if you go into the hands, I've had 30-50 hands of bad and non-playable cards, you need to bluff, but this is not a very good idea in fact, and if the room gives you only bad cards, then nothing shines for you in this tournament, you need to understand this, because that as long as you wait for a good card, your stack will be small

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing with bad cards in a tournament is the rule not the exception with me, especially on PS. My strategy which seems to work sometimes is to only play with starting cards that typically win 60% of the time...there is a Cardschat Chart displaying those hands...of course all play is dependent upon position, stack size, opponents trends and betting prior to your position....like I say it doesn't always work but more often than not..

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Its tough but sometime its is kind of card who going on table.....so depend of the game.....sometime we loose with very good card too

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If it takes so long with such hands, the issue needs to steal some chips until the situation changes, the most important thing is to stay in the game until the ill-fated dealer changes😄

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If your not going to fold them and commit, You play the same way as if you had good cards.
How else would you play bad cards.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you have small cards you need to see the first 3 cards if you see them further If your opponent played aggressively on a low board then he has a draw hand or cards like aces and kings then you can pick up the bank by bluffing or small couples

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are going to play these types of hands I suggest you do this rarely, and when you are going to play these types of hands don't let it get to showdown and always make heavy bets.

Note: do not do this against a paying player.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If the tourn isn't turbo, you don't have to play these cards.

Mogulkahn

Mogulkahn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
how to play without good cards the whole tournament?
type:

T2o
83o
73o
29o...
everything is simple - the fold is not a mistake.
but somethimes u need a bluf but not a just bluf with two any cards and any position no! Bluffing always wiil be smart.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Unfortunately, there are such tourneys.
I had such a series yesterday: 23 (as BB), 36 (as SB), 23 (as Dealer), then 3 9, 3 10.
It's quite hard to be patient when the others are getting three of a kind, flushes after flop...
But that's how PS is: 'there are equals and even more equals'...
RIP fair-play.

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can try to steal the blinds against nits players, put the barrel of the position against the tight players, or fold.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Even when you go all in with some crap you usually have around 30% to win.
What's more, even, when you don't hit a pair with your totally random holding by going to flop, you usually have something, some backdoor outdoor hiperdoor draw or something.
There are hardly situations where you are really card dead.

Ravshan678

Ravshan678

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in this case, it would be better to just fold because tilt has blind eyeso_O

Attachments

• IMG_20221102_163006.jpg
    IMG_20221102_163006.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 0