How to play without good cards ?

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't play your cards, play your table position. From early positions, fold almost all hands, but from late positions, when the action still hasn't been opened, hammer the two blind seats relentlessly with any 2 cards. My opinion obv.

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that at lower limits, you're going to need to show a hand more often than not. Once you get to higher limits you're going to have to learn how to win without a real hand. Mostly success in winning without a real hand comes down to knowing your opponents very well and exploiting their weaknesses. You have to pay attention and go with your gut when it's telling you it's the right time to make a play.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how to play without good cards the whole tournament?
type:

T2o
83o
73o
29o...

Poker is not simply about the strength of your hand. It is about SO many more things. WE all get this hands, sometimes for very long runs and I agree with MarkWantsToWin that the best use of your time is to observe your opponents and take notes that you can use when a good hand does come around.

But, if you have gone 3 or 4 orbits without playing a single hand, you are projecting a very tight image so that when you see a good spot: like there is someone who min bet opens with a wide range in EP and you are in LP or on the button, you can 3 bet with (pretty much) any two cards and steal the pot because of your table image. Now, this isn't a play you can just do over and over against the same person, but when it is employed effectively, you can choose spots to make this play and maintain a healthy stack for when you actually have a big hand. BUT, you must make sure to play the big hand in the same fashion (and pray someone plays with you, because you look so tight).

There are other variations of this play, go out and read some material on playing when you are card dead. There are a lot of videos available on YouTube where you can learn way more than reading my little response. :D

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes you can play weak starting hands free or whit low cost (or even stealing blinds) and whit a bit if luck you can get a good pot after flop. anyway you need to consider position, your stack and the aggressiveness of your rivals to take a good decision.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to play without good card

Play your position and play when its cheap and hopefully you can get a run going.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has to be done when you act late. And you need a history of playing fairly tight. But it can work if you don't do it often. Otherwise you need starting cards

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Waiting with good projects that have

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
P;AY

Play as many hands you can with very little by limping in. If there is a raise fold but if not you can see the flop which might hit your hand. If not fold.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
first to start .. if you don't have good cards what are you going to play for .. it doesn't make sense, although of course there are situations in which those bad cards grab nuts on xxx flops or with great potential to improve to nuts and be busting opening premiuns In erly, those bad cards should be faced 1 against 1 vs early positions that we already know what their range is generally, and to tie strong hands of doubles up and resign if nothing is connected, or pay a standard cebet and resign in turn vs aggression strong because it is obvious that the opponent is going to be protecting many strong hands and putting our projects at a premium, since if we limit ourselves to pay we don't have anything strong ... but we pay to complete strong hands. a competent player will realize that that....

P

PotPlucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be patient and wait for the correct spots. Combine the use of min raise and jam to win. Just wait and muck the junk till can wait no more. Then move as well as can be made.

F

findyourluck

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
The same thing happens to me 99% of the time and it makes furious meaning I want to punch people in the face. I NEVER get lucky!!! NEVER!!!!

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
type:

T2o
83o
73o
29o...
Push all-in and make the opponent fold and the best hand!

Or else, do what should be done...
...press that little button on the left, it called FOLD.
haha

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
Hi marcwantstowin , sorry for my English.

the problem is that the blinds increase and I will die in the tournament playing caught and this has affected my emotional
so when it come to poker there are alot of in-depth info that you should be gathering, simplest way i can say this is watch some YouTube vids on ranges and strategy. based on what you've said you're not playing poker you're playing your dealt cards.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion the best option with this hands is fold. You must be patience and go all in maybe with hands like A7, K9 or Q9 🙂

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we need to add more bluff and aggression in the blinds and on the button (if everyone has folded before) since with such weak hands we can only try to win the pot in these positions

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
type:

T2o
83o
73o
29o...
stop looking at your actual cards
imagine a range and a percent of frequency to do the action

and focus on your opponents fold equity
whilst maintaining the proper lines of aggression with position on flops that hit your range

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if equity isn't available
and your strategy relys on equity

get rid of it

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gus hansens Aussie millions book is a good mathematical starting point for understanding what your'e looking for

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There is a phrase by Doyle Brunson in one of his books that says "there are players at the table that I could play without seeing my cards and I still beat them."
This is not a boast of the great cowboy, but it is a reality.
In an MTT you can go the whole tournament without even having a JT for saying a mediocre combination of cards in your hand.
That's why from the beginning of the tournament until the end of my performance in it, I always study how my opponents play when I have bad cards.
The game is this friend, it's good if you want to learn in the course of 30 days it's very healthy.
Cheers;););)

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Play the player, play position, cards are only one part of the equation but yes it's frustrating when that happens the whole game.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well, I'm a low stake player, and I think that there are three important things: cards, position and stack.
If I don't receive good cards for a while, I'll try to play with position, I'll use every chance to still the blinds with a good position, so I won't be worry to pay blinds and antes.
And if I'm short, I'll wait for a decent hand and position to push.
If you lose, at least you know that you did it well. The poker is a long term play, so you will be able to recover the next time.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should fold them preflop . period

however if you are big blind or small blind then you should look if you connect with the board in a good way . and if you do you want to bet it . and if you notice that your opponent(s) dont have much then you can bluff but you have to be careful because you are out of position

you can also call with such hands if someone goes all in and you are the last one to act and you have MUCH more chips than him . for example if you have 100bb and he has 6 bb and pushes all in ....you can call

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
type:

T2o
83o
73o
29o...
Just don't play. There are no good cards, no reason to play and take risks. I think most players do not understand this simple truth and therefore always lose money.