Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi bataglidor.

I assume you mean that you go card dead for a long time. This happens to all of us. I think the best thing you can do is use this time to watch your opponents and see how they are playing, i.e. Lag's or Tag's etc

I know this can be very frustrating but it is useful to learning your poker and how to react to their plays.

If you wish to play with hands like you mention, you have to play them when you are in the strongest position, and play them in a way that the hand doesn't go to showdown, because if it does your opponents will ssee your play and react accordingly. I won't complicate it anymore, just to say you are not the only one who has these hands...............gl :D:D:D

B

batagliador

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi marcwantstowin , sorry for my English.

the problem is that the blinds increase and I will die in the tournament playing caught and this has affected my emotional

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of people, not cards, don't get yourself tilted though and start playing junk hands because you've been card dead. Instead stay disciplined and make the correct folds because in the long run you're profiting. I've experienced these things in tourneys myself, I kept folding, had a shortstack, made standard shoves and went on to finish in the final table.

B

batagliador

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi swifthax ,

my last tournament foldei even die , and when I tried to steal was paid and lost , is very discouraging , I need to improve my emotional at this time and study more this situation

westside1950

westside1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to figure out which players doesnt defend his blinds a lot (without a good, premium hand) and then just push all-in in order to steal it.
OFC, dont do this very often, but just in order to collect a pot few times so you dont get even shorter stacked

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how to play without good cards the whole tournament?
type:

T2o
83o
73o
29o...

this is something i always try to teach my students when i coach. i warn everyone that there will be times when you are card dead. there will be times when you play tournaments straight to the final table with the best of hands and never grind....yes, it's possible. but if you do want to make the money at least 60-75% of the time, you need to learn to fuse both experiences into one. of course, position is very important. My own personal quote from my profile- don't sit around waiting for the good cards to come around. trust me, it's not worth waiting for. Folding suited cards UTG's would be ideal, but not middle late to the button. if you are talking about unsuited hands, then at least have then linked or you're just a leaking faucet. you get me? you must pick your battles, don't be random.

It can get a lot more complicated but i did learn a lot reading and studying from Daniel Negreanu. I watched a lot of television poker and ignore the stakes and I try to understand the hands they play, in the positions they are in! I studied Jason Merciers game and i learned a lot from his tournament expertise. Here's an advise, find a tournament pro and follow the pro's game. Find books and articles from this pro. And stop studying strong hand poker analysis.
Hope this helps!:D:D:D:D:D

negreti

negreti

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Much depends of his opponent if he and aggressive OR liability, for MANY Very often passive and do cool hum Pine bluff on top of him

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually just wait for a good map. Well, at least suited cards. Either unsuited 6 7, 7 8, 9 10. The small pocket pairs. With these cards, you can call a small raise. The position at the table, too, is taken into account.

T

TEMPA123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
them cards usually drop on these poker sites epically when u got a hand say like poc KK there is always one donk that would call Russian players online love these cards don't no when to fold even when your going all in its all about luck and the usually hit the one card straight not so random card generated I think .!

N

nmirson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
mmm happens to all, it always depends on how are the others in the table playing.. early in the game, try to see the flop for low chips, later on when the blinds are higher, stealing blinds aint bad idea, but u got to be carefull of not risking your entire stack.
poker is 50% pacience and 30%skill with 20% of luck, so good luck

ConDeck

ConDeck

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get used to it and become friends with the fold button aha! Statistically your gonna fold wayyyyyyy more hands then you are ever going to open, even less that you are going to call, if you are not you are opening far to wide and calling far to often! That being said table dynamic and position should come into play during long periods of being card dead, especially when stacks are short. Be careful not to tilt off with -EV hands in spots such as an open followed by 3b and a cold call in front of you from tightish players. Its quite easy to tilt off your stack in bad spots simply because you havent seen a pretty hand for some time! HTH

S

sunshine0410

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will start to play a medium hand from time to time. The opponents don't know that you haven't a good hand, because they only saw you folding. It's also good, to play a hand once in a while, because otherwise you will get no action if you have a good hand once, because of your tight image.

A

Ace362

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It only seems like you are getting those cards the whole tourney. Every once in a while when in position you should be raising and playing a 7/2 or 8/3 like you would with KK.

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can steal the blinds against nits players, put the barrel of the position against the tight players, or fold.

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fishing tackle

"Seven three and even eight three is very much playable. I cannot say the same thing about the rest." - PokerRex -
I love to play with you PokerRex, do you play cash game? Tell me where you play and I'llbe there right away :) If full seated table, as long you there, "Join waitinglist" Peace! ;)

O

Omri266

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't play these hands.
Wait for a good position and cards. Fold each action until you have the best chance.
Don't forget - while you are out of action, other players can make mistakes and lose their chips, so you can always improve your position without playing.

NvrBlufn

NvrBlufn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My two cents: Use position to the maximum advantage that you can. Earn the reputation of being extremely tight and players will fold to your position bets and raises. Forget about the cards you were dealt!! When you have the lead in the hand, it's always two aces. Might as well be...they should have no idea what you hold. Get them used to seeing monsters under the bed, more pots will come your way and you may never have to show a hand. Don't be smug about it or some bastard will hero call you eventually. Do it right and everyone will believe that when you're in the hand, you've got the nuts. Eventually you will and that's when you can show (if called 😊).

Like someone else said, you have to fold when this doesn't work. They're is no shame in folding when you're beaten, but they're is in dumping chips after a lost cause. Think about it for a few seconds and make the right lay down.

Also track your M in tournaments, especially after the first/second round. It's critical to surviving these moments and lasting through mid to late stage of a tournament. M = Stack/(Bb+sb+ round ante) It will tell you how many hands you can fold until you blind out of the game and help you adjust your strategy.

Position. Fold, fold, fold. Take chips when you have the lead. Reputation. Respect. Take stabs when you have the chance to play in position. Fold. Stack sizes. M.

Did I mention position?

bossbran

bossbran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If its ealry and i can still afford to see the flop maybe i will play this just to see the flop but mostly i have to fold it.. and if my stacks is high maybe i will play this card but sometimes only..

Because there will be a deal that you have two pairs and you only thought that your opponent has top pair and will not fold even if you move all in .. then what your opponent need is pair on board so that he can win to beat you..
thats why i will stay safe and maybe if my skills are grow stronger maybe i can play that kind of cards..

NvrBlufn

NvrBlufn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You know... I heard a saying once that a sucker only plays the hands he is dealt. People are going to get a read on you over time so don't expect to clear stacks at the final table if you're going to fold until you see AA on the button. If you do get that hand you aren't going to see the payday that you had hoped for anyways. Probably you will overplay the monster, get called down by some trap hand and get sent to the rail.

My game skyrocketed after I learned to put other players on a certain range of hands every time the cards were dealt. I don't want my opponents to see my play and all think... "He has a premium pocket pair to start"

I want them to think... "He would probably play 67s through KK the way he just did there."

Now I can use the board, my read, and piston in the hand to win no matter what I really have. There are monsters under the bed. My hole cards are irrelevant. It's what they think I have that matters the most.

Where are my supporters?!! Everyone says fold all day??