How to play without good cards ?

luckyhenri

luckyhenri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very hard to play without a decent hand, just have to be lucky, poker is considered gambling

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You are not always going to receive these types of cards, there will be certain moments in tournaments where it can happen, but it is not something that lasts a whole tournament. That is why it is important to study ranges that can be played in the different positions at the table. Maybe you are playing fewer hands than you should and you go into "rock" mode without realizing it.

I

Irwish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on your stack i think, often is it better to find the right situation,
if you are really small stack und dont wont to have a call all the time there is only the option to go all in.
and at the end its poker ;)

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very difficult to do this job. You don't know what to play and what not to play. I had tournaments where I didn't see up to level 5 6 Ace or big cars from 10 upwards but only 3 with 5 or 7 with 2 only cards like these what to play and what not to play.

4kingwildo

4kingwildo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold, but... sometimes, given the aggression of the opponents, the position, and their stacks, you can try to play them as a hand of a higher range. of course, u can do these tricks rarely

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can’t be predictable every hand just playing Premium hands you sometimes have to let the community cards tell the story.

I

Irwish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
jep so do i today all in with 7 8 off 12 bb vs 2 super big stacks behind me,
go out with a good feeling Big Stack hits a 4 ;)

good night from europe

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how to play without good cards the whole tournament?
type:

T2o
83o
73o
29o...

These are not hands I would play in any position early in any MTT. So the short answer is, you will not FT or Win the Tourney if you do not get some "good cards."

Beyond that, it comes down to timing, position, stack management, and luck even with the cards above. You CAN play these cards, but it's all dependent on the "Situation." For example, I would never CALL any bet with any of the above. But mid to late tourney when I am short on blinds rotation, you can open shove with any of the above in late position.

Bottom line in EVERY MTT is you have to win your races (with good cards and bad cards). Be selective (fold all of the above preflop 99% of the time and pray to the Poker Gods for KK & AA every hand.

GL GL,

Houdini9

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
''Dont play the cards play the man''

I guess this is the best advice i can give you. ;-)

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to be patient and wait for the good hand to come. Also taking into account the position and the stack, you could play a good bluff.
I still prefer to wait for good letters

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Play only when you are in the last positions (cutoff and dealer) and only if no one has raised before you. Because whenever someone raises before the flop you have to fold because your hand is not good.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You play without good cards always analyzing the reactions of other players and it is very important to always play in position.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play the K5 and 72 sometimes.. Just sayin

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you dont. just wait for a good hand or at least a decent hand like a suit connector like 78 or 910 suited which play very well postflop specially in multiway pots. hands like 83, or 10 2 are very weak hands which are going to make you lose lots of chips most of the time and unless you are in the bb or sb you should never play these hands.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how to play without good cards the whole tournament?
type:

T2o
83o
73o
29o...

No way! :D:D:D
I think it's impossible to win the tournament by getting such hands all the time! :eek:
But sometimes you can try to steal the blinds, ostensibly playing on the image of a tight player who only opens the upper range :):):)

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this situation the game changes, and then the blefee comes into play

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose representing the ace. If everyones checking. Although i wouldn't do this more than a couple of times

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

The only correct decision under such circumstances is not to be nervous and have a lot of patience. Surely you will wait for such a situation when your bad hand hits the nuts.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many books about it. It is key part of Poker. You need to know how to play without good cards. Also without good position or stack.
Good reading.
Cheers,

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should try to stay away from the low percentage hands. sometimes you are forced to play them ( short stack, big blinds) but typically, watch the game when getting these hands

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If this happens to a tournament, take some rest for that day and play the next day, to see if the situation is better. It is a sequence!

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good hands or not?

poker is 50% luck and 50% strategy, you just have to wait for good hands to play, so it is a game of a lot of patience and sometimes risks Goodnight

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You play without good cards always analyzing the reactions of other players and it is very important to always play in position.

poker is 50% luck and 50% strategy, you just have to wait for good hands to play, so it is a game of a lot of patience and sometimes risks Goodnight

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thread: How to play without good cards ?

Well, not having good cards, we have to try to play with the best possible position.