The Venom ACR

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The venom is awesome:0) it does give you a great opportunity to win a pretty good chunk of change:0) I made it to step six:0) was tempted to go for the bubble at step 4 and 5 but decided to ride:0) didn't come close to the money at step six but still was happy with my out come:0) good luck on your journey

hey the bubble in those later steps is nice im thinking about aiming for one of those instead of my next depo lol

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey the bubble in those later steps is nice im thinking about aiming for one of those instead of my next depo lol
yeah would be a nice pay out for a free buy in:0) Good luck out there and keep grinding;0)

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why there're almost no players to play the latest steps of Venom Satellite (WPN)? For 1-3 steps, there's no problem to join the game. From step 4, it's almost impossible to start the tourney because of low traffic of players, sometimes you need to wait for several days. What's wrong with these sattelites? Come on people join in.

Ppl collect the earlier tickets to do the later steps all at once

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wish Cardschat was giving satellites to the Venom? Someone needs to create the thread [emoji848]

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree that you have to develop mental toughness. I am wondering how much you opened with (were you the first to act? If so, did you limp or how much did you open with? If not did you flat call or re-raise? It's easy to make arguments for any of the hands to be all-in after the turn. It's the play up to the turn that I would evaluate. I see a lot of trappy type players limp with monsters like AA, AK and KK only to get crushed by two random cards the the BB is holding. I have also seen people with monsters like those flat call an early raiser pre-flop (sometimes with other callers in the pot). I do not like this strategy, I open strong with big hands (but I open strong whenever I am first to enter a pot). If there are raises and calls or just other raises before it gets to me, then I am 3 or 4 betting. I imagine if those things had happened here, then J7o would have folded. But then again, maybe not. Everyday I see people pushing with hands like 92o or 63s or basically any two because they are in a freeroll. Some are trying to build a quick big stack, others do it because they just don't know how to play, some do it because they are drunk or high and think its funny...there are are probably a million other reasons too.

Best thing for you to to review the hand and figure out if there was anything you could have done better. Apply it and keep working on your game.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am not wrong the weekly venom is no more right? Now it's the big venom which will take place after a few months

Correct. To my knowledge, ACR will be featuring 2(two) $5 Million Venom tournaments per year, in place of the weekly $1 Million Venom tournaments that they used to offer.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
won two more step 2 entry's hope to go all the way

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have busted out of Step 3 on three tournaments now
  • on the bubble
  • 4 from the ticket
  • 3 from the ticket
Next time is my time!

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would be nice to work my way into a couple bullets via freeroll. Definetely takes alot of time and patience but I think it is doable, I have freerolled into a previous milly tourney on ACR in the past

A

aliasheer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know why but I am on step 4 for 50$ and the tourney never starts :/. Completed the first three in one day B)

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know why but I am on step 4 for 50$ and the tourney never starts :/. Completed the first three in one day B)

This is because the higher the level, the longer it takes to get to the minimum number of players for the tourney to begin.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Step 1 is easy enough and probably Step 2 also, but I wonder about higher levels, and whether or not the following strategy helps:

Get at least 3 tickets for the next event before registering for it, that way if you bust out early, you can rebuy? I know this is possible, but wonder if it helps, or if it is better to keep playing each ticket as you get it since variance is high?

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It's great that ACR allow you to play such tournaments. They are one of my favorite platform game. I hope to win the last stage of the tournament.

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Step 1 is easy enough and probably Step 2 also, but I wonder about higher levels, and whether or not the following strategy helps:

Get at least 3 tickets for the next event before registering for it, that way if you bust out early, you can rebuy? I know this is possible, but wonder if it helps, or if it is better to keep playing each ticket as you get it since variance is high?

I think having 2 bullets for steps 4,5,6 is wise because of the 2 hour late reg.:D

GLGL:)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR Venom Step I: 5 wins: 10 Entries

Hello all.

I have been playing in the Venom Step 1 free rolls and I hope to share strategies that work for me with you. I cannot guarantee your success but I have noticed my fellow players making ROI (return on investment) mistakes and I have developed a way of approaching the conflict which might be advantages.

The sample size is small so I am not saying this is how you should play, just that you might try it and see if it gives you the results you were hoping for.

I have won 8 tickets in total and played in no more than 40 1-5 not bad for a an 8% of the field cashes.

The last ten I have played in 5 wins. I have adjusted my play in this last ten from my previous strategy.

The basics.
Hand strategies. 90 % of the hands I play
Early Mid. parts of the Tournament

1 I do not play coin flips.
2 I do not expect fold equity- I am careful with one pair hands
3 I only cbet for value
4 I do not call big bets when drawing.
5 I have only nut type hands from early positions
6 Out of position I always look to check shove the nuts on the flop
7 I max bet all the time I am strong.
8 I play a wide range of nut making hands late when limped to. A6 off suit is not a nut maker hand.
9 I do not build pots on coordinated flops.

Why this strategy? You do not have to win you only have to come in 113th place and you won the same prize as the top ten players.

The ROI issue I noticed in my fellow players is that they do not tighten up in the late stages of the tournament.

Example.
sub 200 players left in the field 113 place pays is currently 10K stack

I am in the cutoff. QQ 22 k stack
early limper calls 1500 25k stack
mid limper calls 1500 19k stack
What is my raise size?
Just kidding I insta muck!
flop QJ2 2 J
Both players all in.

KJ loses to 22. Loses ticket -I win ticket.

Late stages of step 1.
If you have enough chips to get to the ticket never play another hand.
If you are right at the 10K ticket qualifier or 20k or so, all you have to do is win your blinds. Lots of the time they just give them to you. Late stages of these tournaments you finally get fold equity. Play tight and use the equity.

I just won a ticket my fifth ticket, second in a row and I had 8k going into the final stage and never showed down a hand. I had to fight for the blinds raising from SB and BTN but no calls.
I did fold AA in SB to a huge stack who min raised and could easily call my raise. Then promptly open raised J8 off suit on the btn to steal my blinds back. The two to my left where not calling any raise. So I min raised the btn and won the blinds and antes.

Meanwhile a player with 22k gets all in and is bye bye no ticket.

Again this is to make you think about winning tickets, not winning hands, not getting full equity on AA.

I hope this helps.

:icon_sant:icon_sant:angel:

I

imallvol

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Got a ticket in Step 1 and got called into work while in step 2.

Uggh

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now that I have gotten the chance to play more of the venom, I can say that I like the idea of the tournament but if you think that you have a good shot at playing for lots of money then you are probably mistaken. Even taking out the fact that I am not that good, there is so much variance based on bad play from others, that it compounds any mistake you make. This probably is not a big deal for higher quality players, but if you are a weekend warrior, the Venom is more of a great idea than an actual possibility for making money.

J

jadestem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty new here, and to ACR. Do they only have these Venom freerolls once a day? Thanks for the advice.

Edit: OK, after googling it seems they have 6/day.. but I can't seem to find a schedule of when those 6 are scheduled.

Last edited:
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Several everyday.

Pretty new here, and to ACR. Do they only have these Venom freerolls once a day? Thanks for the advice.

Edit: OK, after googling it seems they have 6/day.. but I can't seem to find a schedule of when those 6 are scheduled.

There are several a day.
In my times zone Step 1 starts 9am-1pm-5pm 9pm
Cashing normally takes 2.5 hrs. they have late registration for the first hour.

:wavey::wavey::ciao:

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Venom is a gamble.

Now that I have gotten the chance to play more of the venom, I can say that I like the idea of the tournament but if you think that you have a good shot at playing for lots of money then you are probably mistaken. Even taking out the fact that I am not that good, there is so much variance based on bad play from others, that it compounds any mistake you make. This probably is not a big deal for higher quality players, but if you are a weekend warrior, the Venom is more of a great idea than an actual possibility for making money.

Thanks for sharing

If you are a weekend warrior then you need one big lucky score to give you a bankroll to play more often if you wish. That is what satellites are for.

It is true however that if you do not have the skills to succeed in the main tournament and you just play for fun, then this is not the way to go. It is fun to try to get lucky for very little money though.

Enjoy whatever poker you decide to play.
:):wavey:

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is fantastic value that you can win a seat in a big tournament through a freeroll and really like it has a normal blind structure. Massively improved by awarding tickets to the next step instead of auto enrol which some of have mentioned.

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is fantastic value that you can win a seat in a big tournament through a freeroll and really like it has a normal blind structure. Massively improved by awarding tickets to the next step instead of auto enrol which some of have mentioned.

Definitely - although I made it to the final venom level and then lost to a 2 outer -- back to the drawing board...

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely - although I made it to the final venom level and then lost to a 2 outer -- back to the drawing board...

Shame to get so close like that, especially with the huge time investment. I dislike the super turbo of most freerolls though and find them generally a waste of time. With cardschat and this venom tournament though doing normal blind structures it gives a chance to win with skill......although to place 6 in a row def still requires a fair bit of luck still. Despite the lengthy format of this one I would much rather play it over the bingo style 888 freerolls, unless your in a super rush!

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello! You can check it here