The Venom ACR

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Venom ACR, in my opinion this tournament is one of the best in ACR, where the opportunity to make a poker tournament without making the needs of an investment making a deposit becomes reasonably successful in the event of a first place win. Previously my eyes turned only to the PS, but today without the dream of attending the tournament, I know there is an ACR representative here in the CC forum, thank you for making my life happier, because it is the best entertainment of my life . Thank you for making me see and see new horizons.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like the Venom, It allowed me to use my $1,000,000 tournament tickets that I hadn't used the month before to be used in the Venom.

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm struggling since yesterday with freeroll first step and still can't pass it. Thus i now remember why i quit poker last time... Attached screens.
pqjUvXY

Anyway it's very fun to play, spend time and skill, while i wait for some more money to deposit. :)

Attachments

• pok a.jpg
    pok a.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 586
  • pok b.jpg
    pok b.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 573
zach johnson

zach johnson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lost the first out in the step 5 $600 yesterday AA to ten 7 . he raised pre flop fith position im big blind rerais 4x he call hits 2 tens i bet he reraises i call check turn bet out river he pushes ..

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm struggling since yesterday with freeroll first step and still can't pass it. Thus i now remember why i quit poker last time... Attached screens.
pqjUvXY

Anyway it's very fun to play, spend time and skill, while i wait for some more money to deposit. :)

So were you the one with the QJ or the AK? If you had the QJ, you didn't have to call that. Two pair/lower straight draw on that board is not very strong. I can see why you did call, and a better case could be made for it heads up, but this was three way. If either of them hold a king you would need a king to split or a jack/queen to win. Same with flush. If you had the AK, well, that's just a bad beat and you can't do anything about it. They happen to everyone and you can't just quit because of one particularly bad one.

If I were you I would keep playing as many freerolls as possible and just work on your mental toughness and learning how to shrug off the bad beats and just keep moving forward to the next game. If you don't learn how to do this, you will lose your mind because those bad beats WILL happen again, and again, and again.

Think of it this way; bad beats only happen when a player makes a good or correct decision in a hand, but loses it anyway because of a player making a terrible or just plain lucky mistake. So, while the bad beat can sting and make you upset, try to remember that it is a positive reflection of your good decision making, even though you lost the hand.

Last edited:
zach johnson

zach johnson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its a free roll you cant expect players to play the same as when money is on the line . once you do finally get past step 2 people actually start to play but you will find loose players at every level . like varga said gotta develop a mental toughness because there will be many of bad beats and suckers out there

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Venom bubble, cash out or got for the ticket..

The Venom ACR, in my opinion this tournament is one of the best in ACR, where the opportunity to make a poker tournament without making the needs of an investment making a deposit becomes reasonably successful in the event of a first place win. Previously my eyes turned only to the PS, but today without the dream of attending the tournament, I know there is an ACR representative here in the CC forum, thank you for making my life happier, because it is the best entertainment of my life . Thank you for making me see and see new horizons.
I was in a Venom ACR tourney today;Bubble for step 3 ticket was 37, but you got $18.00 in CASH if you placed 38. Long story short: Tried to make 38, but got out-maneuvered; still placed 37, it was a different experience, trying to place at an exact spot. Anybody ever cashed for making an exact position, other than 1-10, or top 50, etc? What strategy did you use, go from big stack, give it away until you are position, or were you always in "chase" mode, trying to get to the money position?

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a good opportunity but i don't like that you can't re-register for the tourney at another time it's just one after another, i played for like 8 hours to get to step 3 with no choice but to keep playing before busting out just cause i was so tired of playing.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree totally, the non-stop Venom is too long...

it's a good opportunity but i don't like that you can't re-register for the tourney at another time it's just one after another, i played for like 8 hours to get to step 3 with no choice but to keep playing before busting out just cause i was so tired of playing.
I made it all the way to Venom step 4, 18 seats GTD. But tourney is stuck at 16 entrants, down to 15 now. I don't want to un-register, but when is it going to contine, tomorrow, when the field is large enough?
If you added up all the steps, tourneys placed, would it take more or less than 24 hours? Kinda curious; maybe that's the scheme, wear out the players, so they won't follow through and finish the tourney.

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it would be within 24 hours, they have step 1 every 2 hours

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So were you the one with the QJ or the AK? If you had the QJ, you didn't have to call that. Two pair/lower straight draw on that board is not very strong. I can see why you did call, and a better case could be made for it heads up, but this was three way. If either of them hold a king you would need a king to split or a jack/queen to win. Same with flush. If you had the AK, well, that's just a bad beat and you can't do anything about it. They happen to everyone and you can't just quit because of one particularly bad one.

If I were you I would keep playing as many freerolls as possible and just work on your mental toughness and learning how to shrug off the bad beats and just keep moving forward to the next game. If you don't learn how to do this, you will lose your mind because those bad beats WILL happen again, and again, and again.

Think of it this way; bad beats only happen when a player makes a good or correct decision in a hand, but loses it anyway because of a player making a terrible or just plain lucky mistake. So, while the bad beat can sting and make you upset, try to remember that it is a positive reflection of your good decision making, even though you lost the hand.

I had AK. Most of my loses are at least mine 65% vs. someones 35%, here it was 95% vs. 5% ^^
Maybe I too often go allin with very good hands, and should go only with best hands in early-mid stage. Maybe I should focus more on blind steal and tight-aggressive play, slowly building stack.
Thanks for your support. :)

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi bro

I was in a Venom ACR tourney today;Bubble for step 3 ticket was 37, but you got $18.00 in CASH if you placed 38. Long story short: Tried to make 38, but got out-maneuvered; still placed 37, it was a different experience, trying to place at an exact spot. Anybody ever cashed for making an exact position, other than 1-10, or top 50, etc? What strategy did you use, go from big stack, give it away until you are position, or were you always in "chase" mode, trying to get to the money position?

My intention to play this tournament is to reach the final stage, to play the Sunday tournament and to get a good deal of money, so far I can reach the fifth stage, I hope to get the ticket and play that next Sunday this tournament.

ggf99

ggf99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's really great opportunity!!! God save the Venom!!!

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you are able to un-register from the next steps except for step 2. I try to play the step 2 game when the winners and whoever is pre-registered will not be enough to start step 3. Doesn't always work out but you can accumulate tourney tickets in this way to be used as rebuys and increase your chances of winning.

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you are able to un-register from the next steps except for step 2. I try to play the step 2 game when the winners and whoever is pre-registered will not be enough to start step 3. Doesn't always work out but you can accumulate tourney tickets in this way to be used as rebuys and increase your chances of winning.

But players write that they don't get any tickets for unregister. Did you try to unregister and you received ticket?

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Venom what to be aware of..

You might be playing the freeroll "steps" to get to the final step 5, but be aware, ACR is ADDING players to tourney, who can afford to pay or qualify through feeder tourneys.
This adding of players makes the field huge at end, tourney takes forever. Net, net play Venom if you are super patient, have 8 or more consecutive hours to play. Good luck if you are up to it.

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But players write that they don't get any tickets for unregister. Did you try to unregister and you received ticket?

Right now, I have 2 tickets for step 3 and 1 ticket for step 4. The tickets are good for one year. You cannot un-register from a step 2 but you can from the others as long as when you get in there aren't enough players registered to start the next game.

Attachments

• tickets.JPG
    tickets.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I also like these tournaments.:)

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just love these step tournaments to The Venom. Right now I'm sitting on a step 4 ticket. I'm just weary of playing it right now because the site has been freezing up on me from time to time on the lap top I've been using and then I can't get back into the game. I'll just keep playing the lower levels for now to see how many more I can accumulate.

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just love these step tournaments to The Venom. Right now I'm sitting on a step 4 ticket. I'm just weary of playing it right now because the site has been freezing up on me from time to time on the lap top I've been using and then I can't get back into the game. I'll just keep playing the lower levels for now to see how many more I can accumulate.

You may want to utilize task manager when this happens and end process tree.
When logging back in and it's stuck; do the same thing.
You should be back up and running within a minute. I think 90 seconds is the allotted wait time should you get disconnected.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on ACR but I don't know about this. Where do I look for the Venom? What is it exactly? Is it free? Thanks!

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How long will Venom go on? It's a fun shot at some money. The first 3 steps can be a killer as they drop you right in before you can unregister. The next day is real bad.

T

therealzizzy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
has anybody actually got into the the venom from the freerolls?? I got Wamboozled out of the 12 GTD to step 5 right before the bubble. I was getting low, had AJofs in BB /and two guys late registered when blinds were at 250/500 i had 5000 . SB goes all in . I call. he has J9 ofs and ends up with trip 9s smh i thought i was going to step 5. that was my first run at it as I am new to ACR. I suppose I will try again. I just wanted to hear from someone that has actually made it into the tourney via sat here before,

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello, I apologize for the late reply. We are always trying to improve and get better entertainment for you guys. I am glad to hear that you like it and do appreciate your comments and feedback. In case you have any question or concern let me know and I will be more than glad to help you out.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The Venom is lots of fun but the field of players is growing huge at the lower levels.
Be ready to invest a lot of time if you can advance.