Starting playing poker through Freerolls or Deposit?

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NO ONE RIGHT WAY. If you play all games same freerolls etc... You can do any level and be successful if your a good player. One thing which poker does a lesson everyone should know is it can humble you. Just took a year off already got into double digits on multiple sites from the freerolls. Maybe just luck but last month played a year ago i won first place in 9 of those 2.40 or 2.50 10.00 freerolls on betonline and acr or bcp

I try to answer for new people to help them give support. Not knock their dreams or tell them there is ONLY ONE PATH cause there is a lot of paths.

Countless times I see people on here knock freerolls i play an event with them and the all in first hand with 3 8 offsuit? WHY? To me that is scared poker you aint got the game to win from behind so you need to really work on your game and it can be perfected as you go one level to the next to the next.

Poker is a thinking game it is about tricking out witting your opponents. Takes time patience but is a game that can be mastered if you make disciplines and stick to them.

Others play differently but if you learn winning poker you will win. Doesnt really matter the stakes I see bad plays in 500 and 40 buy ins and 50 dollar buy ins.

People get tired forget to check where bubble is etc.. we all do it:)

I play for the love of the game unsure will ever do much or get back to where I was once. Maybe I will sometimes you get the itch. Right now im having fun again see where goes. Everything else is good so who knows.

So my advice is to play anything your comfortable with. If you have no knowledge though playing freerolls is a lot smarter than losing your book money for school just saying.

good luck

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on your ability to play poker . limits on what you can be in the black at such and should play .

jomaaan

jomaaan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How i do it

free rolls first, with the money you won you can try micro cash games or sit go.

B

boxcarjoe1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
other option is cash in multiple tournaments save $8 dollars then put it into your derbywars account and turn it into $28 :) or the $40 I won once I invested into virtual horses on horseracingpark lol. may have split it 20/20 for virtual race horses and derbywars funds to play with. betting the horses now that's a thinking game hehe.

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to make money then deposit, if you have time to kill and don't need the money then freerolls

HUmanMustard

HUmanMustard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on how comfortable you are with your play. If you need practice, go freeroll. if you are decent, maybe try some lower tables.

A

Ac3 Meister

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The freerolls with 2500 ppl are very easy. Follow the clasic tournament strategy and try to survive the first stages.Afte that things get specifical and you need to study a bit ok different strategies.I personaly lack in patience.

S

slyone1961

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls

im interisted in playing and learning help please

W

WillaIsAway

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in freerolls so many players are so bad it's easy to get caught up in their bad habits. i sometimes find myself forgetting to play real poker with all these idiots and it turns into a bingo game. but if you ride it out and stay alive to the later blind levels you'll find many donks have been weeded out. betonline has 5c SNGs that are good bc you can play a little bit with the 50c you earn in a freeroll.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
depends, how good are you, and how much time/money are you going to invest in poker game
if you want to cut freerolls, then deposit and be ready to play and deposit again when you lose....
if you're new to poker, then you're at great place to learn, and start reading some articles in strategy articles on very top of the page
then go ahead and play some
anyway, I wish you good luck

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is best to start playing freeroll to get experience in MTT, without risking your money. If you study and play smart you could punch a nice pot to start your bankroll

M

Mantones

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play freerolls and try to reach final tables then you are ready for money mtts. Also i would recommend cash nl 0.01/0.02 :)

S

sponsor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
keep playing where you are winning and build form there

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
For me es better to start playing frerroll because you need obtain experience in tournament if you play good, you win money. GL

grzech

grzech

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
started poker

Hello, everyone

I have decided to start playing poker, and mainly playing freerolls atm, and started wondering if playing MTT after deposit will be more useful or not ?

please share your experience, if you have started playing like this as well :)

Thanks for the tips in advance!

hello - I would propose to you the beginning of the game in the poker school if you play pokerstars register in Inteli poker, if you play in the 888poker register yourself there in their loyalty program, start play the Freeroll offered by the club here - just cardschat Freeroll
Of course at the beginning he crosses himself once a month $ 10 and operates the $ 10 so as to have them always in your account - you know the more you lose them initially - but choose the tournaments by $ 0.50 - to $ 1.5 .But the beginning of the game should based mainly on the games offered as freerolls. Because errors and approach different gtaczy is very evident in these tournaments - a start to produce their own database on your opponents if you will already played in lidze- that is, choose a group of three colors:
1. - a sharp expressive purple, red - the mark of good players, who risk, and are playing deceptively concealing his good hand
2. - bright colors such as turquoise, yellow - players fish, takzwani call station
3. - select individual colors and markings - aspiring players that is surprising not provide.

So in short I started to adventure in poker - whose begin to treat some more already more seriously - no longer just a fun
Regards

V

VelosoG7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can play well freerolls, go to it, it will be hard to build a bankroll but you can get it. If you have experience and think worth a try, deposit $10 and do a test! You have to see what is best for you and your type of playing

J

JaneMars312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i started with freerolls, but this is a terrible games, because there are many fishes

S

stevenparker91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would start with freerolls. There's no risk, and it gives you learning experience. Typically beginners tend to go on tilt easier than experienced players (doing so in freerolls will cost you $0, but in money games you could lose your whole bankroll.) Also, before you decide to move up and start playing be very honest with yourself. Keep a journal, when you start noticing that you make a final table more often than not, then it may be time to start playing with some skin in the game

Jean le Grand

Jean le Grand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls can give you a lot of experience, but too many players go all in with any two cards. When real money is payed to enter a game, players play more wisely and you get lesser bad beats.

M

MikeTheEngr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting through all the bad-beats on free-rolls is a major challenge. Good luck!

A

Ac3 Meister

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started my poker life with freerols😎learned a lot

V

Vladimir_eb

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play just for fun play freeroll if you want some money to make or lost - deposit.

Malkav

Malkav

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play freerolls if you're busto like me:p
Seriously though, they aren't a bad way to build up experience, if you remember that they ARE freerolls and more subject to hollywooding, snap calls with rags, pushing air, 6x preflop, players going all in every hand and bots.

D

Diesss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should do both, play freerolls and make a deposit. If you want to have some MTT experience, go register to any freeroll out there. When you feel ready to build a decent bankroll out of your deposit, just switch your mindset.

krasisak

krasisak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have played in many freerolls. Good way to build bankroll.

Freeroll Passwords